All I have to say is..... WOW!

AmyGrrl

i'm lost in this game. i'm enjoying it alot, but just don't understand the time travel aspect. love it tho, never had a chance to play the original game.

glad i added it to my other xbla collection of sonic games.

The Time aspect of the game:

- Each act has three time zones: present, past and future. Your Live count at the left down corner indicates in which you are if you get lost (a Sonic symbol for present, a P for past and a F for Future).

- The Robotnik robot maker machine (the ones usually at the end of an act in previous Sonic games) are in the past (you can see the ruins of them in the present). If you travel to future, you will see a dark future with a lot of robots. However, if you travel to past first and destroy the machine, you will change the future to a happy one. Do that in the 2 acts that composes a level and you will get the Good Future in Act 3 (Boss encounter).

- To travel through time you need to past through a time pole (similar to the checkpoints). There are Future and Past poles, you keep the last one you touched. After you touch a time pole, you have to run fast. As soon as you get enough velocity, you will see something like a star trail coming from Sonic. Run even faster and you will travel throught time. However, if you start the process, gaining velocity (the star trail begins) but somehow looses velocity (crashed into something) you will loose this oportunity to travel and have to find another time pole. If you did not get velocity, you can keep the time pole until you have a better spot to gain velocity.

- Past zones have only Future Poles (they lead to Present) and Future zones have only Past Poles (also leading to Present). You can finish an act in any time zone.

Taxman screwed up one MAJOR thing, but it might exist in a later version of the game so I don't know. Time Travel takes longer to activate now, roughly 1.5-2 seconds longer for Sonic to go to the Past/Future. Other than that, yeah, it's perfect from what I remember.

That is a bit harsh . MAJOR problem............really ? :D

I really like this game so far (in the middle of my first playthrough). My only gripes are that sometimes I don't know which direction to go, the time travel component is a bit confusing, and that this game introduced Amy. She's fine in this game but facepalm-worthy in later games.

Taxman screwed up one MAJOR thing, but it might exist in a later version of the game so I don't know. Time Travel takes longer to activate now, roughly 1.5-2 seconds longer for Sonic to go to the Past/Future. Other than that, yeah, it's perfect from what I remember.

You are wrong. Time travel times are exactly the same as in Mega CD version. Windows version and some other ports had reduced 3-seconds time travel time.

I have the sega cd version in my sega CD tray still. I love that game. Just finished this version and I love it too, couldn't put it down. Well worth 5 bills. Knuckles Chaotix next please.

I'll have to go back and play the CD version again but I didnt notice the time travel taking longer in this version.