World Champion - Expert (After Patch)

Swren1

With the recent patch being released - does the exploit with being able to turn on driver aids (whilst on track) affect whether this particular achievement is unlocked or not at the end of the season... is this still possible to use this exploit to help/aid unlock this?

I did try this and i finished the first Grand Prix, on the next Grand Prix i forgot to change it to expert and it was still on custom. Will i have to do it again or does it still work?

You will have to redo it. It is best to make a back up gamesave to a flashdrive or memory disk. also you have to change the sessions back and forth each session, and not just at the end of the race. So start practive change setting, then change the setting back before you got back to the garage. Do the same thing for all session. If you get it wrong then you can just load up the back up save.

Also, if you start a race with no assists and then change them then restart the race without putting them back on expert, please tell me i have not done it wrong again :(

Could i just do a year on medium, get upgrades then try again on hard? I don't know if upgrades stay

ok i understand now thank you bob

Edited by MeMeyer

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have any experience of this query? Part way through my expert world championship season and I totalled my car. You don't get time to hit start and restart the race before you're taken to a menu with continue, restart or return to paddock options. I chose restart and didn't see the autosave icon on screen when it took me back to the grid but I'm buggered if I know whether I've screwed my shot at this achievement in current season and am just better off starting another. Any ideas anyone or can someone share a similar experience? Cheers!

• 3 months later...

I don't think this works post patch, at least as far as the "Win a Race with Assists Off" achievement is concerned. I tried it twice on Montreal 1 lap and no cheevo... Started race with all assists off, the went to options and turn them on, then raced until about 100 yards from finish, turned them back off, won and nothing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I used it only once through my expert season at Catalunya to change to automatic gearbox (still only managed 8th!) but I was using a wheel and feels natural manual shifting and you can modulate breaking and acceleration much easier with pedals. Its the A.I that's the problem in this game on that level if you ask me. Psychotic. I really hope they fix this in the new one as it takes all the fun out of the challenge when you're battling with near perfect A.I. I think it's by far the least fun season I had with this game. Got the 7 season cheevo at the same time as I chickened out 6 seasons on the trot lol then got my last rank up and I'm 100% complete. Here's hoping the new one will be a little more forgiving on the top difficulties

I can also confirm that the glitch is still working:woop:

unfortunately is one achievement broken and can not be unlocked:(

As far as i know there isnt any achievements that are broken just that you may need to fulfil the criteria twice for it to unlock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...