Osaka Campaign

Murbay

I have tried the tips people have given on this forum for this campaign and though it may work for some it doesn't for others. 5 minutes research later and I may have found a sure fire way which I am now working through.

Before I begin here is a quick history lesson of the actual events that samurai Warriors portrays.

Battle of Sekigahara

Sekigahara was the most decisive battle in Japanese history. Fought against the ritualised and colourful backdrop of Samurai life, it was the culmination of a long-standing power struggle between Tokugawa Ieyasu and Hashiba Hideyoshi, two of the most powerful men in Japan. Armies of the two sides met on the plain of Sekigahara on 21 October 1600, in thick fog and deep mud. By the end of the day 40,000 heads had been taken and Ieyasu was master of Japan. Within three years the Emperor would grant him the title he sought – Shogun.

The similarities between the game and RL are too close to call. When you begin the map Ieyasu is ranked 2 - only 1 step away from Shogun. The battle itself in the game begins in summer/fall 1600 exactly the same as RL. So that got me thinking - if the game portrays the actual events as they happen then what exactly did happen at Osaka in 1614-1615.

Battle of Osaka

In 1614, Osaka Castle was Japan's greatest fortification, measuring approximately 2 miles in length with double circuits of walls, 100 feet high. It was guarded by 100,000 samurai, loyal to their master: the head of the Toyotomi clan, Toyotomi Hideyori. The castle was seemingly impenetrable, however the ruling shogun of the age, Tokugawa Ieyasu, was determined to destroy this one last threat to his position as Japan's ultimate ruler.

So by my reckoning, if the game is staying true to life all you have to do in order to achieve this is to take over the map as Ieyasu except for the 2 areas covered by Toyatomi by 1614 then the battle will begin. For those of you who have played as Toyatomi, you know they are allied to everyone so there is no worry of them being defeated. Also, as pointed out and also verified in RL, Yukimura Sanada was one of the generals who stood against Ieyasu at Osaka so he will need to be moved to the Toyatomi to be protected for the final battle.

Simplified - move Sanada to Toyatomi, select Ieyasu (for reasons I will point out in a second), open a can of whoop-ass on everybody on the map then have a quick coffee and prepare for the final battle.

I'm currently working through this way to verify it does work and will post my results once I've done.

Finally, the reason I say to choose Ieyasu rather than Toyatomi and the reason that following the guide hasn't worked for some of you is because in order for Ieyasu to trigger the event, he needs to be next to the Toyatomi in order to attack. I'm sorry, but letting the AI do that is far too random especially if you are having to sit patiently for 15 game years :) For those lucky enough to watch Ieyasu take surrounding land by 1614 you will have initiated the final battle, for those of you like me who after 2 or 3 attempts couldn't work it out then now you know :)

Enjoy

P.S I'm also looking up to see who Ieyasu's main Generals were for that period as that may help with the 4 generals achievement so many people are desperate to get. Could be that the achievement is not random afterall but infact following RL again.

An addition for anyone who is wondering. The actual 4 guardians for Ieyasu Tokugawa in Real Life were:

Tadatsugu Sakai

Tadakatsu Honda

Naomasa Li

Yasumasa Sakakibara

All 4 of them appear together on the "incident at Honnoji" map.

Having now unlocked the Osaka Achievement I can now say this is confirmed.

The best strategy for keeping the Toyatomi at bay is to take the land surrounding them so the only people they can attack is you. Also assist any allies that get attacked by the Toyatomi earlier in the map and the achievement will be yours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm wondering whether it is actually necessary for Sanada to be with Toyatomi, I'm also hoping so because I got to 1607 and he buggered off without me realising. So now I have a save without the little fella being in the right clan but within three years of the date suggested in the guide.

Since half of the other clans are your allies the only way to take over them is to threaten them enough so they combine with you, doing that and then taking over the rest of the board minus the two Toyatomi fiefs would keep him in that clan. Only having three save files is so annoying =(

Hey, Thanks for the hints, ill be tryin out your suggestion, i shall repost to let you know how i got on. I had tried the other suggestion menioned in another post to no avail, I did however import one of my custom Generals into the fief which may have stopped the event from happening. He is lv 20 with 9999 exp so there's no need to include him. anymore. So heres to 50G coming my way *crosses fingers*

Hey me again.

I can now confirm that this worked for me, i also understand now what had happened before, my rather clever AI decided to wipe out the Ieyasu which probably made the event impossible (i gave up after i reached 1620) Also i was wrong about the Custom general i had created another to see what the lv 4 weapon would look like and had him from the start it didnt seem to effect the game at all.

Oh one thing i noted was that the Toyatomi clan did decide to take over 3 additional fiefs i took these fiefs so that Toyatomi had only their starting fiefs by 1614 this also did not effect the event but it did mean that they get attacked so thats something to watch out for for anyone else thats trying to do this! Do what i did and have a long alliance with them which means you can defend them till your ready to wipe the floor with them :D.

Oh and way to go Murbay on figuring it out and on the history lesson ;)

• 3 months later...

I even replaced everyone except Ieyasu in the Tokugawa Clan (in order to give that clan the best ronin, right off the bat), and this still worked for me . . . after taking over all but the two Toyotomi provinces, I parked Ieyasu in Owari and made repeated alliances with the Toyotomis until 1614, then just 'Proceed(ed)' until 1615, when the stage started right up.

• 1 year later...

I have just spent the last 16 hours trying to get this based on tips and stuff. Had sumin like 5 attempts and its just not worked but i have finally got it now .

I wanna make it clear exactly what i did so no one gets confused and it works first time for anyone else .

Put yukimura in in toyotomi and played as tokugawa as normal.

Invade the 3 flefs to your left and make an alliance with toyotomi from now on. (i say the 3 to your left because you need to be next to toyotomi to trigger the fight)

Dont take any more places than the 4 you shud now have and dont let toyotomi take any either.

also its important toyotomi doesnt invade anything because he might assign yukimura to a different area which is what messed it up for me.

that should be all you need to do just protect both tokugawa and toyotomi and stop him invading then you will be fine. just hope this saves at least one person some time lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have just spent the last 16 hours trying to get this based on tips and stuff. Had sumin like 5 attempts and its just not worked but i have finally got it now .

I wanna make it clear exactly what i did so no one gets confused and it works first time for anyone else .

Put yukimura in in toyotomi and played as tokugawa as normal.

Invade the 3 flefs to your left and make an alliance with toyotomi from now on. (i say the 3 to your left because you need to be next to toyotomi to trigger the fight)

Dont take any more places than the 4 you shud now have and dont let toyotomi take any either.

also its important toyotomi doesnt invade anything because he might assign yukimura to a different area which is what messed it up for me.

that should be all you need to do just protect both tokugawa and toyotomi and stop him invading then you will be fine. just hope this saves at least one person some time lol

This isn't entirely correct.

*Yukimara Sanada must be be Toyotomi's general.

*You must play as Tokugawa

*You must keep Toyotomi from invading other fiefs

*You must conquer all other fiefs (not sure if ally counts, I got all allies through threaten)

*Must be done by year 1615 (possibly 1614, either way you should have plenty of time)

Just make sure you completely surround Toyotomi and don't let him take over any more fiefs than the 2 he starts out with, it should be very simple

Is this game any fun, or is it just something to play to build up your gamertag points.

If you like mindless hack n slash action that is a complete breeze to play (no challenge at all if you're playing on easier difficulties). I personally like the mindlessness of slashing 100s to 1000s of enemy samurai, its kind of relaxing. Its a super easy 1000/1000 in 12-16 hours.

Is there a video on how to do this stage to appear on youtube?

What the crap? Completely unneeded. Just follow the guidelines provided in this thread, unless you do not understand English this should be very basic.

• 1 year later...
This isn't entirely correct.

*Yukimara Sanada must be be Toyotomi's general.

*You must play as Tokugawa

*You must keep Toyotomi from invading other fiefs

*You must conquer all other fiefs (not sure if ally counts, I got all allies through threaten)

*Must be done by year 1615 (possibly 1614, either way you should have plenty of time)

Just make sure you completely surround Toyotomi and don't let him take over any more fiefs than the 2 he starts out with, it should be very simple

you know whats more simple. playing AS toyotomi, and just defending tokugawa. worked out perfect for me and i never had to attack anything just defend. and by playing as toyotomi i just stayed as 2 fiefs!

when i got the achieve, tokugawa was touching me and only had 5 fiefs

just my two cents

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried every method mentioned here and none of them worked for me ... f* this Achievement.

Payed as Tokugawa, conquered everything - nothing happened from 1614 on. Played as Toyotomi, did nothing but helping Tokugawa - nothing happened from 1614 on.

I've no friggn clue why it doesn't work, I've easily spent 10 hours now just to get this Achievement, but despite playing every method several times, I never got the stupid trigger once! And yes, obviously I moved Sanada to the Toyotomi clan every time.

• 3 months later...

i am so fucking beyond pissed off right now. i did exactly what op said and right when i get to the final battle to unite everything except toyotomis fiefs he fucking sends yukimura out to help and now he's not with toyotomi and i cant get the fucking battle to spawn. this achievement blows massive elephant penis:uzi::uzi::uzi:. sorry for my tirade i needed another way to vent other than snapping my disc in half.:)

• 2 weeks later...
you know whats more simple. playing AS toyotomi, and just defending tokugawa. worked out perfect for me and i never had to attack anything just defend. and by playing as toyotomi i just stayed as 2 fiefs!

when i got the achieve, tokugawa was touching me and only had 5 fiefs

just my two cents

Confirmed... I just did this today and all I did was defend. Worked like a charm, thanks!

• 7 months later...

Just thought I'd weigh in here. Played several times. Finally got it after making sure that I was not in an alliance with Toyotomi (I was playing as Tokugawa).

I saved at 1614 and was in an alliance with them at it didn't work so I reloaded and broke the alliance then the event triggered. So make it to 1615 spring and then no alliance between Toyotomi and Tokugawa and I had Sanada on the enemy's side (Toyotomi). Also had Ieyasu in Owari right beside Toyotomi.

• 1 year later...