Amazing tip to everyone who has trouble beating Solo Legendary

TransonicPower

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that this still works like a charm(1/16/13).:woop:

Next thing I might(!) try is SLASO for the very last rally point. I've seen someone post on the waypoint forums that only the last missions with all skulls(minus Blind?) is required for the (S)LASO stuff...

EDIT:

I advise you all to use the guide for legendary pinned in this forum. It works like a charm and all the weapons suggested can still be acquired by "rallying".

Edited by Cashaddi

It would be helpful if you linked to the topic or did the last level and confirmed this.

Uhrm, sure:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=406457

Like I said, most of it can be followed to the letter (and I'd advise to do exactly this to have an easy time).

Can anyone confirm weather or not this will work for the LASO?

According to this guy here from the waypoint forums, it should work.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst179160_confimed-requirements-for-SLASO-Medal.aspx

Uhrm, sure:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=406457

Like I said, most of it can be followed to the letter (and I'd advise to do exactly this to have an easy time).

I was asking for the Waypoint link since the legendary guide doesn't help that much with killing knights with the skulls on. It takes at least 2 shots to kill a knight with the incineration cannon alone, so what makes any other weapon effective? I did it with a friend and we basically distracted the hell out of them and melee them from behind.

We also started from rally point charlie, all skulls but blind, and didn't get access for the emblem. It also showed co-op legendary completed, so completing the level wasn't the issue.

Okay, guys.

I can confirm that it works for the LASO emblem+50.000 EXP as well, but-even better- it's piss poor easy.Even a chimp could do it.

*Please note*

I did this after beating the campaign on legendary alone with the rally point method. I guess this should work regardless.

Also you should check out the links and look at the other videos related to beat the campaign even faster on legendary alone.

Here's how to do it:

Load up Reclaimer Last Rally Point and follow this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myj41e0ev0Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=704s]Halo 4 Reclaimer LASO in 18 mins (No Deaths) - YouTube[/ame]

I found his method of flying to the railing(?) at ~13:03 quite hard to recreate. Instead I walked carefully through the mountain, dropped down to below that railing thingy and from there flew to the other side. Below the point where he actually enters the level again(forerunner structure) is a patch of ground with some grass and dirt. There you can stand as well, fly up and emerge in the same spot he does in the video.

I died when I tried to board the ghost at ~17:18 in the video. Instead follow this guy's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bN1BINmH91A#t=398s

At ~7:25+ you can either do what he does(obviously) or do it the way I did it and run around the right side to that spot. Felt safer and I'm certain it is.

Then just continue on and end it.

Enter the code and reap your rewards.:woop:

Credits go to:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst179160_confimed-requirements-for-SLASO-Medal.aspx

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst178502_So-about-the-LASO-emblem.aspx

(Post by Xxtommygun69xX, he also provided the video guide-HIGHLY recommended you check out the videos in the description of this guy's video-)

Another heads up: You might wanna have a look at the other videos for Mythic/Laso difficulty to make your legendary run even shorter.

Hope that helps!:)

EDIT:

BLIND IS NOT NEEDED!

Does this work for the complete the campaign co-op achievement as well? I've got the solo legendary already, but I'd like to finish up my co-op playthrough faster if possible.

I assume it does.

In single-player it showed the Legendary badge after every (rally point) mission, and in the end I got the achievement, so I assume if it gives you the co-op badge as well, you're fine. Of course no guarantee.:)

Does this work for the complete the campaign co-op achievement as well? I've got the solo legendary already, but I'd like to finish up my co-op playthrough faster if possible.

I can confirm that it does, but all players must've beaten campaign before for it to work.

Thank you both for confirming that for me.

Also I did the LASO glitch you posted Cashaddi. It felt so dirty, but so right. Thanks for sharing.

It worked for you?

Two of my friends did it with me in co-op and they weren't able to redeem it.

My best guess is that you need to beat the campaign solo legendary first for the LASO trick to work, but then again it's a glitch...

It worked for you?

Two of my friends did it with me in co-op and they weren't able to redeem it.

My best guess is that you need to beat the campaign solo legendary first for the LASO trick to work, but then again it's a glitch...

Have they beaten campaign legendary co-op yet? I did midnight and reclaimer and still couldn't redeem the code, but I haven't did legendary co-op.

Have they beaten campaign legendary co-op yet? I did midnight and reclaimer and still couldn't redeem the code, but I haven't did legendary co-op.

I tried doing the weekly challenge from bravo checkpoint but that did not work. I'll try the Slaso trick though, nice find. I'm done with Legendary :) Edit: for the Laso emblem you have to complete the whole game with all skulls right? Edit2: The wall glitch ain't working I always get behind the level 15+ times I give up.

Edited by StarsRPD

Yep. We did it all together. First legendary co-op legit, then I did legendary single player and then I played Reclaimer (alone again).

I did Reclaimer with them in co-op (all skulls on) and neither of them was able to redeem it.

I tried doing the weekly challenge from bravo checkpoint but that did not work. I'll try the Slaso trick though, nice find. I'm done with Legendary :) Edit: for the Laso emblem you have to complete the whole game with all skulls right? Edit2: The wall glitch ain't working I always get behind the level 15+ times I give up.

Which wall glitch?

I just followed the video step by step and that worked pretty well.

I can confirm that this method still works 22nd January I can also confirm you can get the achievement this way. But be warned although it stops you having to do the whole level it can still be extremely difficult and frustrating at times. I am definatley not looking forward to my laso play through :(

And just a reminder for everyone when U have done your legendary playthrough go to waypoint to get your chest piece.

I can confirm that this method still works 22nd January I can also confirm you can get the achievement this way. But be warned although it stops you having to do the whole level it can still be extremely difficult and frustrating at times. I am definatley not looking forward to my laso play through :(

And just a reminder for everyone when U have done your legendary playthrough go to waypoint to get your chest piece.

Read my posts.

Basically, after you've single legendary, try doing the last rally point on Reclaimer LASO(except Blind) with the out of map glitch method.

That unlocked the emblem for me!:woop: