Playing as a human again...

Kal El Fornia

im ok with it, but i would have liked a choice. as long as there is a lot of customization, then ill be happy with it. although i did enjoy playing as an elf archer in DA:O.

I don't mind. The Human Noble origin is my favorite of the 6 in Origins. And I liked Hawke. So I'm sure whatever protagonist Bioware uses this time around will be just as likeable to me. I just want to see some more information about the game. Hopefully they'll show it off at E3 this year. I'm really excited for it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I hated almost everything about DA2. It's the same disdain I felt for ME2 and ME3. It's like they took the substance of that actual gameplay out and replaced it with better graphics and more intense cutscenes. DA:O, IMO, is the last great BioWare game. I have ridiculously high expectations from BioWare games and with the last 3, they just haven't met my expectations...at all. I'm giving them one more chance with DA3.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer playing as a human anyhow, so this is not a letdown for me.

I have ridiculously high expectations from BioWare games and with the last 3, they just haven't met my expectations...at all. I'm giving them one more chance with DA3.

Stop having those expectations. The most important people who had the vision and will to do those games have left Bioware. And with BioWare being a part of the EA empire, they are subjected to the same treatment as all EA games.

Which doesn't mean I expect DA3 to be bad. It might well be a very entertaining RPG. I just don't expect BioWare games to be like 'old' Bioware games anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Origins I was an Elf I think, but Humans are cool too. The variety of playable races wasn't that vast anyway so I'm not bothered by this.

If a game like The Elder Scrolls made it only possible to play as a Nord in Skyrim, I would have been pissed. I always play as a Khajiit. Always.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do feel a bit bummed about just being a human. Hopefully they can null the pain by giving a bunch of origin stories!

I'm going to take my wrath of anger from DA2 and kill everyone I can in Inquisition, except for my romancee

Edited by DEG23
Double Post

Wouldn't mind the choice, but it's what happens when they decide to do a fully voiced main char. That's my main issue from DA2, I hated the dialogue choices, rarely would I ever want to select one of the few things that I could, and when there was one I actually wanted, Hawke would just fuck it up by saying something ridiculous that I wasn't expecting from said option.

• 5 months later...

People are still replying to this thread so I feel I should post this and let you guys know that it isn't true. This was pure speculation from before any details of the game were announced by BioWare.

They've already revealed that you'll be able to play as a human, elf, dwarf, and qunari in this one. So don't worry guys. You'll be able to role play to your hearts' content in Inquisition. :)

I personally foresee myself doing well over a dozen playthroughs of this one at least. I just love to see all of the different options available. Can't wait for the release date to be 100% confirmed. Right now it's just listed as "Fall 2014." Role on 2014. It's going to be a great year for RPG gamers. :dance:

People are still replying to this thread so I feel I should post this and let you guys know that it isn't true. This was pure speculation from before any details of the game were announced by BioWare.

They've already revealed that you'll be able to play as a human, elf, dwarf, and qunari in this one. So don't worry guys. You'll be able to role play to your hearts' content in Inquisition. :)

I personally foresee myself doing well over a dozen playthroughs of this one at least. I just love to see all of the different options available. Can't wait for the release date to be 100% confirmed. Right now it's just listed as "Fall 2014." Role on 2014. It's going to be a great year for RPG gamers. :dance:

Sounds good. I'll probably end up only playing as a Human now:p Well, i can't do Dwarves, But Elves are cool, and i can't wait to try out a Qunari.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Very good news! I completed DA:O as a human noble but I played also as Dwarf and Elf. DA2 was a bit disappointing that you could only choose your class.

Now i don't have so much time to play games but in old times i tried to complete Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn with evry race and class... almost succeded :)

• 3 weeks later...