How many people still play this online?

Wouldn't bother. Tried playing online on WaW the other day and there are people running around with mods on left right and centre. I had to back out of a game because some guy had invinicibility on. In Cod 4 you can get under the maps etc etc, those games are totally ruined now :(

Oh... damn... nvm, lol

• 1 month later...

HAHAHA I actually went back to see how this game was since I never really played it online when it originally came out. Strangest thing ever. I can see why it because such a hit but man after playing MW3 or even 2 you can truly see the advancements that were made. Although I gotta admit it was nice to only have 3 or maybe 4 killstreaks and thats it.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys is this game totally overun with hacks and mods now? Just I really wanna get it for 360 used to have it on ps3 and to me was the best COD there was. Just on the ps3 last time I played I got infected off a host and totally ruined it :( is this the case on xbox also?

Hey guys is this game totally overun with hacks and mods now? Just I really wanna get it for 360 used to have it on ps3 and to me was the best COD there was. Just on the ps3 last time I played I got infected off a host and totally ruined it :( is this the case on xbox also?

Last I heard the number of hackers on COD4 decreased by a huge amount, now you rarely find a modder. I haven't played the game in ~6 months, but when I last played, I didn't find a single modder after playing for a few hours.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
HAHAHA I actually went back to see how this game was since I never really played it online when it originally came out. Strangest thing ever. I can see why it because such a hit but man after playing MW3 or even 2 you can truly see the advancements that were made. Although I gotta admit it was nice to only have 3 or maybe 4 killstreaks and thats it.

All the 'advancements' were for the worse. MW2 is not only the worst CoD game but probably the worst FPS ever.

Unplayable FFA, the introduction of quick scoping, shit maps and numerous other crap. MW3 is better, but still not a patch on the original.

I decided to give it another go yesterday after three years. Id heard that it was full of dodgy stuff. So played on a 2nd account after finding a 48 hour gold trial.

Yesterday was fine. Just as good as I remembered. Nearly had an accident I got so excited when Overgrown came up.

Today, some dodgy stuff. The left side of the screen suddenly got flooded with multi coloured text. Something about joining infectedxbox.com and numerous numbers with infected next to them. Also several people that were different prestiges every level.

Been having trouble with Party Chat all evening so im hoping thats just a random bug and not because ive been playing in some dodgy lobby.

• 1 month later...