6 months later, no achievement. Wonderful.

linktriforce007

It has nothing to do with the Crysis site in my eyes.

I haven't signed up to it and it hasn't unlocked for me. Some people have and it's unlocked, and some haven't and it's still unlocked. Something somewhere is has screwed with it, but it could be something as small as using a certain gun in your first game..

Just a dodgy/crap bit of code imo!

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just stumbled upon this post at the sister site PS3Trophies.org :

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/crysis-2/122808-everyone-get-your-platinums-27.html

A member named "gramreaper" sent an email to EA regarding the glitched achievement (trophy on PS3) and got an answer where they say they are aware of the problem.

Quoting part of the reply by EA. "I understand your concern and current status of trophy glitching is confirmed, it has unlocked early for some people and has not unlocked for the majority of others."

Let's hope EA manage to get CrySuck to fix this. Cause I'll sure affect the sales for Crysis 1 on PSN/XBLA in a negative way.

Sounds like a generic email where EA is just telling you to STFU. Highly doubt EA, of all publishers, is going to push Crytek until this is fixed. :rolleyes:

Like I said, I think it might be best to wait until Oct 1st. From what I've heard, everyone who unlocked it, unlocked it on their first game of Sept. Nobody played Sept 11th (or any generic date), didnt get it, but played later and got it.

Assuming the coding will tick over the placeholder, and hopefully, it'll unlock on that day.

Like I said, I think it might be best to wait until Oct 1st. From what I've heard, everyone who unlocked it, unlocked it on their first game of Sept. Nobody played Sept 11th (or any generic date), didnt get it, but played later and got it.

Assuming the coding will tick over the placeholder, and hopefully, it'll unlock on that day.

Is that true? Has everyone who got it got it on their first game?

I didn't sign up to crysis.com and I DID prestige in the game and I HAVEN'T unlocked it..guessing its crappy coding from cryteq and that's why this hasn't triggered our achievement when it was supposed to. I'm now hoping for 1st October like Maka said. I was thinking of buying Crysis too, see how this pans out first..

I first played on march 27, and played sept 26-27 and will try the 28. now i did reboot on April 10, so if the above dates don' give me the achievement I will try on oct 10 &11. if that does not give me it I'm just going to give up on it tel i hear about a solution.

I am very angry for me and for all of us that this achievement is not popping.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

P.S. Achievements like these are point less and annoying just like those achievements that require you to earn every title or medal or to complete every combo perfectly.

Edited by True_Darkness

I hope so Maka. Hey man, haven't heard from you since we boosted this. How you been? Everything cool (ha ha) in Canada?

It has nothing to do with the Crysis site in my eyes.

I haven't signed up to it and it hasn't unlocked for me. Some people have and it's unlocked, and some haven't and it's still unlocked. Something somewhere is has screwed with it, but it could be something as small as using a certain gun in your first game..

Just a dodgy/crap bit of code imo!

While you might be right, its currently the only common thing in this whole mess.

Those that didn't register = Dedication unlocked

Those that did = Nothing

Those that didn't register = Dedication unlocked

Those that did = Nothing

I haven't registered with them and I only knew of the site when I read this thread, and my achievement hasn't unlocked!

Again, it's crap coding and it's best to wait until the 1st. If then it doesn't unlock or EA/Crytek haven't patched it before then (2 days, so I highly doubt it), they'll have bigger problems on their hands than the shit their getting now.

I just tried today (didn't try prior to today because of all the complaints) and got it. I did register on MyCrysis, but it never properly linked to my gamertag. I very, very seriously doubt MyCrysis has anything to do with it.

I have no idea why it's unlocking for some and not others. I played 6 months and two days after I originally played.

On a side note, the balancing changes they made are ridiculous. I see why everyone else stopped playing.

Edited by Ayepeck

I just tried today (didn't try prior to today because of all the complaints) and got it. I did register on MyCrysis, but it never properly linked to my gamertag. I very, very seriously doubt MyCrysis has anything to do with it.

I have no idea why it's unlocking for some and not others. I played 6 months and two days after I originally played.

On a side note, the balancing changes they made are ridiculous. I see why everyone else stopped playing.

Tried today. didn't get it.

I've been trying since monday for this and I've noticed one thing.

I always get the same 2 options in TIA. It's always Skyline and Impact.

And I always disconnect right at the end and have messaged a few people in my games and they have all disconnected aswell.

Also, I have seen one person get it and he was host.

I think there is a server issue and the only people that get the achievement are the ones hosting because they don't disconnect.

I played over 30 matches on the same maps and disconnected everytime

Edit: Nevermind, finally finished the match without anyone getting disconnected and I didn't get the achievement. Host has the achievement but it looks like he got it before the match.

Really unhappy with crytek.

I'll leave this post here so it rules out this possibility.

Edited by Mintage53

Just thought i'd add my two cents,

It still hasn't popped for me. I have been intermittently been playing online through september, pretty much since the first post on here about someone unlocking dedication. I haven't signed up to mycrysis, i haven't been leaderboard reset. I have cleared my cache several times due to problems with other games.

I got the Try Me achievement on the 27th march, so my first time was definately on that date.

I hope they make a fix for this, although i will try in october to be on safe side. I doubt i will be getting any more games developed by crytek, purely based on two facts; their complete lack of community support and that they put achievements like this in the game in the first place.

I've been trying since monday for this and I've noticed one thing.

I always get the same 2 options in TIA. It's always Skyline and Impact.

And I always disconnect right at the end and have messaged a few people in my games and they have all disconnected aswell.

Also, I have seen one person get it and he was host.

I think there is a server issue and the only people that get the achievement are the ones hosting because they don't disconnect.

I played over 30 matches on the same maps and disconnected everytime

I can't remember the maps I played on, but I've played full games and haven't disconnected once, and I've still not unlocked it.

I've had good signal through each game to. This is not it!