Hunting Games

1morey

Anyone else remeber Deer Hunter II for the Windows 95, or even Infogrames' Trophy Hunter 2003. Man those games were the bomb. But man these new hunting games are crap. Not because of the graphics, but because they make them too much like an arcade game and not like the old ones.(And the Dangerous Hunts series and original Big Game Hunter series were actually decent games). Like for example, Cabela's Trophy Bucks was just crap. What happened to the free-hunt mode where you grabbed a gun, picked out what to use, where to hunt and off you went. Heck most newer hunting games don't even have trophy rooms anymore. Bass Pro Shops: The Hunt did, and it was a pretty decent game. So does anyone else think that this new Dangerous Hunts game will bring hunting games out of the pit the newer ones dug themselves. I myself am planning on buying it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game is very arcade-esque. Almost like a horror action shooter. Not really a hunting game except for a few opportunities. Besides those few trophy kills your basically just fending off blood thirsty predators. However, Cabelas Big Game Hunter 2010 is / was an amazing "hunting" game all around! North Amercan Adventures is a good hunting game as well, the episodes are at least.

Edited by Goots 88

This game is very arcade-esque. Almost like a horror action shooter. Not really a hunting game except for a few opportunities. Besides those few trophy kills your basically just fending off blood thirsty predators. However, Cabelas Big Game Hunter 2010 is / was an amazing "hunting" game all around! North Amercan Adventures is a good hunting game as well, the episodes are at least.

I agree, CBGH2010 was excellent. I'm sorry to hear that CDH2011 isn't quite the same but I will give it a try anyhow. Unlike you guys however I have to wait until it comes out for the 'rest of the world'.

^ if you are thinking about purchasing, be weary. The gun is a great idea and does take some getting use to but in the end you will find yourself giving it up and sticking to the good 'ol fashion controller. So keep that in mind when buying, game alone about $40 and doubled w/ gun. I have no regrets buying gun, as it makes the hunting galleries fun. But refuse to use it with Story Mode.

^ if you are thinking about purchasing, be weary. The gun is a great idea and does take some getting use to but in the end you will find yourself giving it up and sticking to the good 'ol fashion controller. So keep that in mind when buying, game alone about $40 and doubled w/ gun. I have no regrets buying gun, as it makes the hunting galleries fun. But refuse to use it with Story Mode.

Thanks for the tip; hadn't planned on buying the gun after what I've read about the guns for other games and what you wrote. However the rod/reel for BPS The Catch was very nice...hope they come out with another game that uses it.

• 2 months later...