Darksiders 2 Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

So i just finished the game again on my NG+ with the intention of doing it a third time, at lvl 30 with my awesome weapons... it didnt give me the option to start again?? ir just rolled credits then i loaded my save and it put me back before the last boss, like i had pressed "No" so i could go do the side quests. does this game not let you do another NG+ after the first one? :(

Nope only one NG+, although I heard rumors of a patch for infinite NG+'s.

But after seeing Tyger's walkthrough on everything and how far he is, I might use that instead of Kuddlesnot's playthrough on YouTube.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope only one NG+, although I heard rumors of a patch for infinite NG+'s.

But after seeing Tyger's walkthrough on everything and how far he is, I might use that instead of Kuddlesnot's playthrough on YouTube.

thats a shame lol wish i paid more attention when i was starting the NG+ maybe ill wait till the next DLC or even the free one that i got with the CE edition before i play through it again

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1530/5-q5Dxw=.jpgEpic! 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Death Reaches Level 30

Level 30 is the max level for your character to get. You will need to play on a New Game+ in order to gain this level. By the time you beat the game once and have done all quests, you will be around level 22. Continue on in the new game in order to reach 30.

Great guide. Just a suggestion, might be helpful to state somewhere in the overview or the Playthrough 1 section that the level cap is 22 on the first playthrough.

The description for the level 30 achievement (quoted above) seems to imply that you will end the game somewhere around 22, but doesn't clearly state that you can't get beyond that. I still have some stuff to do and I already hit the cap. So everything I do from now forward will be pretty pointless, from an XP gaining standpoint. :(

Edit: Just saw that post 63 from Nozza x360a is suggesting the same thing. Too bad I didn't read this whole thread before playing...

Edited by fastNcurious

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone im new to this site and i need help with darksiders 2 player.

a some of Achievements related to had friend in game and send or recieve something from eachother.

I hope some one here can help me to get that achievement.

my tag:Farb0dkain

and another issue is about My360Achievements is 0%.why?how can i raise it?i had 25 achievment of Darksiders but none of them count here.

thanks alot

oh sorry if i post this request in wrong section.

• 2 weeks later...
Great guide. Just a suggestion, might be helpful to state somewhere in the overview or the Playthrough 1 section that the level cap is 22 on the first playthrough.

The description for the level 30 achievement (quoted above) seems to imply that you will end the game somewhere around 22, but doesn't clearly state that you can't get beyond that. I still have some stuff to do and I already hit the cap. So everything I do from now forward will be pretty pointless, from an XP gaining standpoint. :(

Edit: Just saw that post 63 from Nozza x360a is suggesting the same thing. Too bad I didn't read this whole thread before playing...

I heard that any XP you gain will carry over to the next playthrough, but I can't confirm that. I'll mention the level 22 cap. I have also heard other numbers ranging from 20-24.

Just two things I've noticed:

1. The "Bravo Old Chap" cheevie does not require you to go through all 100 levels of the crucible in one sitting. I got it after I only went through 25.

2. The BFA cheevie may be glitched for some people. It was for me, and I reset my xbox, cleared the system cache, and restarted my game. Do NOT accept the update from xbox live! Cancel it and go to the save file selection screen. When I got to the save file selection screen, it said I had two save files that were corrupted (damn that Corruption!). I pressed the B button to back out, then the guide button to connect to xbox live. After the update was downloaded, I could play my game again. Then a few minutes after I had started, I opened my map and fast traveled to the Tree of Life. During the loading screen the cheevie popped for me. Try that and see if it works for you too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

i have a few questions before buying this game:

I want to get Darksiders 1 and Darksiders 2 but i want to buy them used.

Now i`ve heard you know something like an Online Pass do get the Multiplayer Achievement ,is that true?

And the second question is, i`ve also heard about some achievements which are glitched...is that correct?

Now i am not sure, if i should get it...

EDIT: will there be some DLC`s ?

Edited by Dark Anaconda

• 2 months later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Darksiders 2 Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

I hope you're joking. This game is incredibly easy to 1000. So is Dark Souls honestly. But that game has a steep learning curve. Darksiders doesn't.

Assuming you're serious, what did you find difficult exactly?

Just the combat in general really. And no, I'm not joking in the slightest. Dark Souls had an occasional tough boss that took a couple of tries to figure out, but apart from that it was a walkover. This though, I find every battle tough. I'm certainly not under leveled or under powered as I am walking around in full epic gear and possessed scythes, towards the end of my first playthrough and level 21, yet I'm playing on normal and every normal battle is tough, I often find that I need to use a couple of health potions to get through it. The bosses tend to be easier, but not always and some are a nightmare. I'm at Samael at the moment and the 2nd stage of the fight I just can't beat him, I can barely even put a scratch on him. I didn't have this much trouble with the Capra Demon or Ornstein and Smough.

Just the combat in general really. And no, I'm not joking in the slightest. Dark Souls had an occasional tough boss that took a couple of tries to figure out, but apart from that it was a walkover. This though, I find every battle tough. I'm certainly not under leveled or under powered as I am walking around in full epic gear and possessed scythes, towards the end of my first playthrough and level 21, yet I'm playing on normal and every normal battle is tough, I often find that I need to use a couple of health potions to get through it. The bosses tend to be easier, but not always and some are a nightmare. I'm at Samael at the moment and the 2nd stage of the fight I just can't beat him, I can barely even put a scratch on him. I didn't have this much trouble with the Capra Demon or Ornstein and Smough.

Okay then. I didn't mean anything negative by my previous comment. I just didn't know anyone found this game difficult. That's okay though. Everyone has different experiences with different games. I really struggle on some games that others think are a cakewalk. For example, I can never beat a Halo game on Solo Legendary. I just can't do it. While my friends can do it in their sleep. But I can beat games that they struggle on for days in a few hours. It's funny how things like that work sometimes. :p

Tips for beating this game easily are scattered all over the forum. But basically you just need to get possessed weapons that have Health Steal and Wrath Steal. Once you do that, the game is extremely easy. There's a huge thread about the best way to upgrade possessed weapons on the forum. I'll see if I can find it and link it for you.

EDIT: Here it is. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=383846

I really have no idea how that thread didn't merit a sticky. It has tons of useful information for new players. I hope it helps you get the 1000. :)

Nice! Thanks for that. Time to see if I can find a new possessed weapon :s

Although, with that info at hand, I could just finish the game on easy, start on Apocalyptic and it won't make a difference.

That's true. I actually chose to go that route for my 1000. I started on Easy and did everything possible. Then I did a NG+ Apocalyptic speed run. Then I dropped the difficulty to Easy by reloading the final save to do the Crucible.

Good luck on getting your 1000. :)

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say thanks for the achievement guide. I am hoping to complete the side missions and get as many achievements as possible!

I just finished it on Apocalyptic and some of the boss fights are tough the first time but the main thing is just to know when to hit the dodge button.

First attempt against Samael - I got ruined but second attempt was able to down him without a health potion. Once you understand the pattern of the boss attacks - it is not that overly hard imo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'll look into the unobtainable ones thanks for heads up.

As far as that, you just beat the last boss to do new game plus I believe. I did side stuff too after.

Yeah, I eventually figured that out. Thanks, though.

http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29988595/Registerlogin_problems_serpent_stone_retrieve_error?pg=1

That link goes to the thread documenting the problems with it. They still haven't fixed the problem for the Xbox 360 version. Not sure if they ever will at this point.