Need help, not sure whether to start again.

Triplewing

Basically i have finished the game and done everything, except all the horses and unicorn.

Now i have been searching for Famine for god knows how long, but he wont appear, i read somewhere that if he appears and then runs away he wont ever return, i am not sure wether i saw him or not.

Does anyone know anything about this or a fix or will i have to start again?

Cheers.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Famine says that it could still appear, but without the notifications that it's in the area. You could keep roaming around those areas chasing after horses, I don't think it would take too long.

Honestly, the campaign for that is so short that you could start again and it wouldn't take more than a couple days to get back to where you are.

Do you not have any saves previous to the encounter?

The theory about the horses completely disappearing after failing to capture them is definitely false. The first time I encountered War I was unable to catch as I was in the middle of saving a town from being overrun. After leaving the area and coming back after a few hours he reappeared and I was able to break him.

So, just keep searching for him. It took me around two-three hours of searching Tall Trees before he finally appeared.