All Ranked Battles - Revengeance, S Rank, No Damage (Videos)

Lumen18

Parry-counter is a parry done at the last moment, just before the enemy's attack connects. On Revengeance basically every parry is a parry-counter due to the higher attack rate of the enemies. Not all the attacks can be parry-countered; for example Sam's four-hits combo can be parry-countered only on the last hit.

For the guy asking about VR Mission 18 and 19:

VR Mission 18

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drmGh_mfTNE]Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - VR Mission 18 No Damage (Gold) - YouTube[/ame]

VR Mission 19

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF1ikssn8J8]Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - VR Mission 19 No Damage (Gold) - YouTube[/ame]

Goddamn that Mission 18 is annoying. I got the Mastiff parry down once before, but i'm trying to get better. Wave 3 i'm not sure about.

Is it worth making the Wolf kill the heavies, or should i deal with it, then take the slower route with the heavies? I'm not going for the fastest time, just as long as it's under 10.

The Fenrir killing the HA-Cyborgs is just something accidental, and if it happens you are most likely doing things the wrong way because his laser attack is done only if you are away from him (the Fenrir, I mean), and instead you want to stand close to him just to prevent this.

Wave 3 is a gamble if you're not particularly confident in your skills. Stand in a corner keeping the camera on the walls (this reduces the enemies attacks by a ton), and run around until you find the Fenrir next to a wall without other enemies around (this happens easily since the Tripods and HA-C are slower and less active than Fenrir). Then wait for his homing attacks; parry-counter, and you're basically done with the mission.

There is plenty of time to kill the HA-C and GRAD at the end with the Sai only, so you can play safe. Just don't do the mistake of being lazy and wait for the Fenrir to kill the HA-C's, because 9 times out of 10 you are just committing suicide, and the remaining 1/10 you are still not solving your main issue, which is the Fenrir, and you are just anticipating the death of the last of your problems (Tripods are way more dangerous than HA-C's).

Edited by Lumen18

The only trouble i have with 19 is parry-countering the Greatswords. It seems unreliable at best for me, since i can't get the timing right.
It's not hard really, as soon as you see their yellowish sword appearing start to parry. Basically, as soon as you parry-counter the first of their attacks you will almost certainly counter the following ones too, because you have just a bit of extra time making the difference between a parry and a missed parry; the rest is a successful parry-counter.

What can really help is running around the arena until you manage to isolate the two of them (or better yet one of them alone), and then spam melee X attacks on one of them with the sword. They should take the first hits in their face, and then they will start guarding. After about 4 guarded hits they will counter; this is the easiest way of triggering their counter, and therefore countering in your turn. If you follow the route in the video you will manage to isolate the first of them and fight him alone as I did most of the times.

Lastly, it helps to weaken them. If you run around and spam a few non-charged one-hit Pincer Blades attacks in their face, to the point they become "blue", they will be able to "resist" your parry-counters much less than if they are at full health. They may even open their guard for an execution after the first parry-counter. Though tbh it's quite a waste of time to do it this way, since as I said before the only hit which is a bit harder to parry-counter is the first of their chain, and the following ones are almost automatically parry-countered.

Edited by Lumen18

Actually I find it much more dangerous, because without an execution you need to Zandatsu a single enemy while other enemies have limbs that may get chopped off in the process causing an accidental non-Zandatsu death, i.e. the failure of the mission. Whatever works, I guess... :)

wooo finally did it today. Thanks a lot for the vids/walkthrough. I swear I couldn't do R-04 for the longest time. The two mastiffs in the beginning were way too fast... They cling onto a faraway wall and jump at you way quicker than normal. Other than that, the last few stages were a blast to play. Thanks again!

• 6 months later...

The second fight of stage R-04 sucks!!!!!!!! First you absolutly need to use the infinite ammo wig (that's totally weird in a saber game!!) and when i finally got to the GRAD with no damage and killed him by using your slow method, i didn't got the fucking no damage bonus!!!!!! WTF!?!?

No Damage bonus seems bugged on this sage! I have no problem to get them all on over stages, but on R-04, it happens too often! Even on the first encounter! I needed to exit the game and reload my save to get the No Damage bonus. It's totally weird! Nobody hits me, and when it's happen i automatically restart!...

If you die and choose continue, the time from your previous attempt gets saved back into your checkpoint. But if you pause the game before you die and choose "restart from checkpoint", it restores the timer back to its previous state.

When I was trying to get the S-ranks, I would create a spare save and, if I was close to dying, manually restart from the checkpoint. If I died quickly after a checkpoint, I would just continue and not worry about the 20-60 seconds lost, but if I died several minutes into a fight (or died several times in a row), I'd restore the save and try again.

Thanks for the advice! So i can continue to spam restart until i don't die! Good to know.

I've made a copy of my save as i don't want to restart this level from the beginning!

I should have made this before.........

Thanks again, now i'm at the Japan Garden, i think i should not have too much troubles by now (except this fucking camera)

PS: yes i've used a lot of F-words in my last post. But this game needs you to scream every F-word you know... lol

You're welcome...

And yeah, the game is amazing; one of my favourite games in years. But, by God, does it have some serious flaws. I spent hours swearing at the thing back when I played it. You shouldn't have to be doing stuff like restoring saves and restarting checkpoints to gain achievements: That's just shit design. Hopefully if they do a sequel, they'll sort that stuff (and the camera!) out.

Tried to kill everyone without using zandatsu. No rocket hits me. But same problem, i don't have the "no damage" bonus... Tried on my copied save, same problem.

This game is totally bugged! I HATE Platinum so much!!!!!

[edit]

Lucky me! I've made a safe copy of my first save on the 3rd emplacement, i started right after the elevator, and this time got the S rank in the Japan Garden. So i think that if i die, the S rank is lost. Now i'm making loads and loads copy of my save before each fight. It's horrible!! O_o

Edited by Dobermann X

• 2 years later...