Solutions for the Challenges

1. Garruk

Start by casting both Angelic Blessing on the Skyhunter Skirmisher and attack. That way you'll deal 7 damage 2 times and win.

*ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED*

Magic: The Puzzling 10 G

2. Elspeth

Start by gaining control of Elspeth's Soul Warden. Then summon the Raging Goblin and attack with both creatures. If you take another creature or play the goblin first, she'll get 1 lifepoint and you won't be able to win.

3. Garruk

Start by tapping the Elvish Piper to summon the Roughshod Mentor which gives trample to all creatures. Then attack and WAIT until she chooses to block your creatues. Then cast the three Giant Growth on the right Grizzly Bears.

4. Chandra

Start by playing the second Megrim and then summon the Ravenous Rats to make her drop a card and deal the first 4 damage. Then simple attack with all creatures, take her down to 4 lifepoints and defeat her by dealing 4 extra damage because she has to drop 2 cards.

5. Liliana

Start by casting Eyeblight's Ending and destroy Liliana's Nightmare. After that summon the Elvish Warrior and Elvish Eulogist. This creates the three tokens you need. Tap the Immaculate Magistrate and choose the Elven Riders as a target to increase their attack to 13 and attack with that creature to defeat Liliana.

Wait for the token and creature to summon, or else you'll end up with 11/11 or 12/12!

6. Chandra

Start by using Prodigal Pyromancer's ability and deal 1 damage to Chandra. Next, use Boomerang to return your own Persuasion enchantment that is attached to Prodigal Pyromancer to your hand. Next, use Persuasion on Raging Goblin. Then attack with Raging Goblin and Phantom Warrior. The combined unblockable damage will be just enough to kill Chandra.

7. Nissa

Start by using Terror and killing Elvish Champion. Next, skip to the combat phase and attack with every creature that you control. Now, press X to stop the timer and pump your remaining 4 mana into Flameblast Dragon's ability. Use his ability to kill your own Sprouting Thrinax. This will generate 3 more Saprolings and boost your currently attacking Saprolings. This will cause enough damage to kill Nissa.

8. Liliana

Start by using two Incinerates on Platinum Angel. Then, play Rip-Clan Crasher. Next, use Knight of the Skyward Eye's ability to boost himself. Then, use Sangrite Surge on Knight of the Skyward Eye. Now, attack with Knight of the Skyward Eye, Rip-Clan Crasher, and Mistmeadow Skulk. When you declare the end of your attack phase, Liliana will try to use Royal Assassin to destroy Knight of the Skyward Eye. In response, press X and use Brion Stoutarm's ability and destroy Knight of the Skyward Eye and deal 8 damage to Liliana. Then let your other 2 attackers deal the rest.

*ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED*

Puzzling Master 20 G

Thanks to Gamer0278 for the solution of 6, 7 and 8.

#9 Jace - Cast one Etherium Sculptor (You must cast this FIRST), Master of Etherium, Howling Mine, Onyx Goblet and Loxodon Warhammer. Use Terror to kill Jace's Wall of Air. Tap the Onyx Goblet to do 1 damage and attack with everything you have.

#10 Elspeth - Cast Obsidian Battle-Axe and Vengeful Firebrand equipping the axe on the firebrand. Attack with everything. When Madbutton Torchrunner dies it will allow you to do 3 more damage to Elspeth to win the match.

This challenge will force you to target your own creatures.

Cast Jagged Lightning and target the untapped Angel and your own Mudbutton

Torchrunner. When the Torchrunner dies, have it deal 3 damage to Elspeth.

Now cast Vengeful Firebrand. Because of Bramblewood Paragon it will be a

6/3 trampling creature and because the Torchrunner is in your graveyard, it

will have haste. Attack with both creatures and you will push through

enough damage to kill Elspeth no matter how she blocks.

#11 Liliana - Attack with all three creatures you have, once blockers are declared cast Condemn on your Ambassador Laquatas, cast Kiss of Amasha on yourself, play one of your lands and end your turn. On her turn she will sommon a bunch of creatures and attack (She will also kill your Purity when she summons Nekrataal). Unsummon her Crowd of Cinders and take the rest of the damage, discard either one of your dispeller's capsules or your wrath of god. On your turn play your other plain, recast Ambassador Laquatas and use his ability as many times as your mana allows (3 to be exact). End your turn and you should win the game when Liliana tries to draw her card.

DLC Expansion 2 Challenges

1.Garruk

Play Blade of Bloodchief on Vampire Nighthawk

Play Feast of Blood on Giant Spider

Play Disfigure on Ruthless Cullblade (yours)

Play Disfigure on Ruthless Cullblade (yours)

Attack with Vampire Nighthawk

2.Garruk

Play Selective Memory and select all cards

Play Treasure Hunt

Play 1 Land Card

Play Primal Frenzy

Attack with Maro

3.Nicol Bolas

Playing Evoling Wilds

Use Evolving Wilds ability

Play Excommunicate on Phage the Untouchable

Play Brainstorm and select any 2 cards except Polymorph

Play Polymorph on Darksteel Colossus

4.Tezzeret

Continue through your turn and take the 4 damage

Continue to the end of your turn and cancel picking a creature

Continue to the end of your turn and then pick Lorthos, the Tidemaker

Attack with Lorthos, the Tidemaker and select all his island land cards

Play an island land

Play Unsummon on Platnium Angel

5.Sarkham Vol

Play summoner's Pact and pick Seedborn Muse

Play Elvish Piper's ability and pick Seedborn Muse

Play Eladamri's Call and pick Plated Geopede

Play Plated Geopede

If Sarkham start to use blaze hit (x)

Play Harrow and pick a tapped land to discard and 2 forest lands

Play Harrow and pick a tapped land to discard and 2 mountains

Use Khalni Heart Expedition ability

When the Plated Geopede reaches 13/13 use fling and select player, sacrifice Plated Geopede

Edited by Shinobi273

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I figured out the solution to the 6th and 7th challenges. These were stressful, but fun all the same. Anyway, here is the solution:

6th challenge: Start by using Prodigal Pyromancer's ability and deal 1 damage to Chandra. Next, use Boomerang to return your own Persuasion enchantment that is attached to Prodigal Pyromancer to your hand. Next, use Persuasion on Raging Goblin. Then attack with Raging Goblin and Phantom Warrior. The combined unblockable damage will be just enough to kill Chandra.

7th challenge: Start by using Terror and killing Elvish Champion. Next, skip to the combat phase and attack with every creature that you control. Now, press X to stop the timer and pump your remaining 4 mana into Flameblast Dragon's ability. Use his ability to kill your own Sprouting Thrinax. This will generate 3 more Saprolings and boost your currently attacking Saprolings. This will cause enough damage to kill Nissa.

I also just solved the 8th challenge as well. Enjoy!

8th challenge: Start by using two Incinerates on Platinum Angel. Then, play Rip-Clan Crasher. Next, use Knight of the Skyward Eye's ability to boost himself. Then, use Sangrite Surge on Knight of the Skyward Eye. Now, attack with Knight of the Skyward Eye, Rip-Clan Crasher, and Mistmeadow Skulk. When you declare the end of your attack phase, Liliana will try to use Royal Assassin to destroy Knight of the Skyward Eye. In response, press X and use Brion Stoutarm's ability and destroy Knight of the Skyward Eye and deal 8 damage to Liliana. Then let your other 2 attackers deal the rest.

Hope I was of help. Happy Gaming! :)

Oh, and feel free to post my solutions anywhere you want.

Edited by Gamer0278

I also just solved the 8th challenge as well. Enjoy!

8th challenge: Start by using two Incinerates on Platinum Angel. Then, play Rip-Clan Crasher. Next, use Knight of the Skyward Eye's ability to boost himself. Then, use Sangrite Surge on Knight of the Skyward Eye. Now, attack with Knight of the Skyward Eye, Rip-Clan Crasher, and Mistmeadow Skulk. When you declare the end of your attack phase, Liliana will try to use Royal Assassin to destroy Knight of the Skyward Eye. In response, press X and use Brion Stoutarm's ability and destroy Knight of the Skyward Eye and deal 8 damage to Liliana. Then let your other 2 attackers deal the rest.

Oh, and feel free to post my solutions anywhere you want.

VonThronstahl, can you put all the solutions into your first post? Just edit your post then put them all in. I'll credit you both towards creation of the achievement guide. :)

~Bryce

Nice work! I added it to the guide.

--

VonThronstahl, can you put all the solutions into your first post? Just edit your post then put them all in. I'll credit you both towards creation of the achievement guide. :)

I completly rewrote the guide to make it mor readable and straight to the point. I searched the net for the english card names and put them in the guide.

--

Thank you, BloodDrunk. It was my first attempt to create a guide. Nice to see it helps people getting the achievements. :)

Edited by VonThronstahl

Technically your solution for #8 is wrong. that way is taking advantage of the bad AI. If the computer actually used the 2 blockers like it should.. IE block with the Royal Assassin the the Rat and then kill your Knight you would only get the throw damage and not the extra 3 from the attackers leaving her at one.

The way listed below is the way I did it and it doesn't abuse the AI.

2. Incinerate both the Royal Assassin and the Ravenous Rats. Play Pariah on the Platinum Angel. Play Sangrite Surge on the Knight of the Skyward Eye. Activate Knight of the Skyward Eye. Attack with Knight of the Skyward Eye and Mistmeadow Skulk. When the 8 First Strike Damage is on the stack and the Dread Ability pops up, Sacrifice the Knight of Skyward Eye to the Brion Stoutarm's ability and target yourself. This kills the Platinum Angel due to Pariah. Mistmeadow Skulk gets in the last point of damage.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

^Does it really matter?

+1 internets to VonThronstahl for this guide and I'll be more than happy to make an video version of it upon request.

i tried your answer for #3 and it doesn't work. he just keeps blocking with his 7/10 wall and 2/2 guys and i dont deal enough trample damage.

Edit: sorry misread it, it was confusing, but now i understand you cast 3 giant growths on a grizzly bear that gets blocked by the 2/2