Achievement tips and questions

xD Rick

Hy guys.

Been playng this awesome game for the past 2 days, and wanted to share some info.

All the achievements that requires to kill xxx enemys with xxx weapon can be done in free missions, so don´t stress about it as you enjoy the game.

As an example, the one which you have to kill 50 enemies with a hijacked unmaned bot helicopter thing you just have to replay the White Side Stage 2, Free Mission 1, as you start with a hijacked helicoper thing and it have infinite missiles.

For the rifle kills, there´s also a free mission that gives you the weapon with infinite ammo, but I can´t remenber which one, as soon as I get home later I´ll post it here.

You can double up the achievements that requires 50 killer weapons kills and the one for 50 kills while in rampage, as it gives infinite killer weapon bar.

I got one of the achievements for killing certain boss under 5 minutes, with Jack, first try.

The other one though I haven´t been able yet, both sides. Will try again with some character you can play by level select, provided you unlocked him/her.

That´s worth mentioning too, you can select any character when you replay stages via level select, thus making some battles easier.

Have to try Hard dificult yet, but I´ve had some trouble on Normal in a couple of parts.

As the achievements for completing the game without retring and killing all the bosses in rampage mode and killing all the bosses with killer weapon.

But I really unsure if the characters you unlock after defeating are counted as bosses or no.

Well, if anyone knows a way to get the stealth item for the 10 throws from behind while in stealth achievement I thank you in advance, as I got just one single time in the entire campaign, both sides included. Nevermind, I got this one too. On hard I´ve managed to get the item 2 times on first stage. Can be a coincidence though. Grab the item, look for a group of baddies then use the item and just grab them from behind, if you have 10 guys in the group, 1 item is more than enough to get the cheevo.

Edit. Played on Hard yesterday, starting on White Side, and it is really hard. For real.

Enemies take a lot more to die, you take a lot less. The bosses are really, really cheap with you.

If they put you airborne, be certain they will juggle you to death. Attacks do some absurd damage, and in most cases it´s a 1 hit kill.

As the game does not have any kind of upgrade, neither a New Game +, you can start right on Hard, saving you a couple of playthroughs.

And looking on the extras menu, under the character viewer, I noticed there is at least 1 more char for me to unlocked, which is called Gargoyle. No clue on how to unlock him, though.

This is it guys, as soon as I found out more I´ll post here, or if anyone have questions about the game, feel free to ask, I´ll try my best to help.

:drunk

Edit. Based on info from other members, the dificulties are not stackable, so the game requires 4 playtroughs minimum, starting on each side on normal and hard.

Edit again. Just got the cheevo for all characters. Gargoyle unlocked when I finished the campaign on hard, starting white side.

Also got the Kill all the bosses with the chainsaw. It popped in Stage 2, Main Mission 3 as soon as I killed Jack with Leo´s killer weapons.

So it´s completely safe to say you must kill ALL the end mission Characters, and yes, the bosses which appear more than once must be killed every time with killer weapon.

I can confirm this, cause I already have killed Jack with killer weapons before, but it popped just now, on my third playthrough, white side stage 2.

At least now we know that the kills carry on to subsequent playthroughs.

Edited by xD Rick
Update

I've got it sitting in my pile of shame at the moment. Just trying to clear out a few arcade games before settling into some Max Anarchy. Curious though mate, does the game support English either in text or voice? Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far.

Yes, the entire game is in English, voice, text, menus, everything.

Even the buildings and all has everything written in English.

I think the language is dashboard based, because when I played the game, it already started in English.

I just don´t think you sould be ashamed, it´s really a good, fun game.

;)

Any help on which characters count as "bosses" would be appreciated if anyone knows

I Know for sure Cthullu, Kraken, the BPS leader guy are bosses.

Killed them all with Killer weapon but didn´t got the cheevo, so I guess all the non-playable character are counted as bosses. Or It can be all the guys that aren´t regular goons, who knows...

Also, I don´t know if you have to do it in one playthrough, via stage select or if starting a new campaingn will reset the counter.

Yeah I would have guessed the kraken,etc were included.My guess would be Big bull,blacker baron,durga (twice?),garuda,zero nikolai,oinkie,douglas,rin rin fei rin,ai rin,max but also probably leo,jack,sasha,mathilda.I would guess they all carry through to multiple playthrough or level select as the unlockable characters do.No idea how to unlock gargoyle,maybe on the hard playthrough? How do you unlock the character from survival mode?

Yeah I would have guessed the kraken,etc were included.My guess would be Big bull,blacker baron,durga (twice?),garuda,zero nikolai,oinkie,douglas,rin rin fei rin,ai rin,max but also probably leo,jack,sasha,mathilda.I would guess they all carry through to multiple playthrough or level select as the unlockable characters do.No idea how to unlock gargoyle,maybe on the hard playthrough? How do you unlock the character from survival mode?

Replayed the levels which bosses I didn´t killed with killer weapons, doing it this time.

No cheevo. Maybe because I used Max..

Also, I think that character from survival mode would be Gargoyle.

Tried once this mode yesterday, but reached only wave 9.

Survival gives you 10min to beat 10 waves, which is not hard at all, but enemy reinforcements keep appearing all the time, and the 2 AI partners dont do much in terms of eficiency.

If you want to give it a shot, I´ll be on live tonight, we can obliterate survival to see if we can dig something from there.

Edited by xD Rick

Just saying, I don't believe the difficulty achievements are stackable. I did the first level on Hard and didn't unlock the achievement for completing it on normal as well unfortunately.

Thanks for the info man, edited first post.

Just saying, I don't believe the difficulty achievements are stackable. I did the first level on Hard and didn't unlock the achievement for completing it on normal as well unfortunately.

How the hell do you beat garuda and durga together playing as max on hard?

Edited by il1971

Dome things are confusing me:

1: How do I kill a Helicopter Drone with it's own missile? It just goes into a hijacked state as soon as I hit it with anything it seems.

2: The "Evade 5 throws" one. I was thrown ONCE during the entire campaign. Do they throw more often on hard, or what? Also, which button do you break throws with? Or are you just supposed to dodge to avoid them?

3: I started my campaign on the black side, will all my progress be deleted when I restart at the white side?

Dome things are confusing me:

1: How do I kill a Helicopter Drone with it's own missile? It just goes into a hijacked state as soon as I hit it with anything it seems.

2: The "Evade 5 throws" one. I was thrown ONCE during the entire campaign. Do they throw more often on hard, or what? Also, which button do you break throws with? Or are you just supposed to dodge to avoid them?

3: I started my campaign on the black side, will all my progress be deleted when I restart at the white side?

1 = Just wait till he open his bottom and launch a missile at you. When it´s close enough, press B to grab hte missile, then lock on him and throw it back at him. On normal they enter the hijack state with just one hit.

2 = On hard the bosses grab you all the time, just keep blocking and circling them. But you have to know the animation sequence,and as soon as t start, press B. I need just 1 more, and could not counter anymore, some enemies have a really quick throw.

3 = I don´t know about the killer weapons and rampage progress, but I assure you that kills and weapons specific achievements do no restart.

Hope it helps. :)

1 = Just wait till he open his bottom and launch a missile at you. When it´s close enough, press B to grab hte missile, then lock on him and throw it back at him. On normal they enter the hijack state with just one hit.

Yes, and I've done it sveral times, doesn't count, I assume you have to get the "blackhawk down" bonus with a missile. I've even thrown one just as he shot another one, grabbed that one and thrown at him as well, but it isn't enough to kill, not even close.

Yes, and I've done it sveral times, doesn't count, I assume you have to get the "blackhawk down" bonus with a missile. I've even thrown one just as he shot another one, grabbed that one and thrown at him as well, but it isn't enough to kill, not even close.

For me, on normal he died with just one missile.

Sorry, I don´t know what can be happening.

I got it on the very first heli drone that appeared in the game.

Stage 2, I think.

For me, on normal he died with just one missile.

Sorry, I don´t know what can be happening.

I got it on the very first heli drone that appeared in the game.

Stage 2, I think.

Maybe it needs to be one in a mission, and not just some random one when freeroaming. I'll try it when I play through the white side first.

I´ve got the Max Anarchy achievement.

Played on normal, starting on white side.

I can confirm that if you die, just pause the game before a retrie is deducted and return to the main menu, or choose retire.

Both works, as I´ve done so many times, specially in that damn mission where you have to take out a whole bunch of Gargoyles, on black side.

Still missing one throw escape, gonna try against Nikolai, his throw is the easier to avoid.

Personally I'm gonna go with Durga for the grab techs. He grabbed me a lot. I also managed to tech him randomly once in the 2v2 fight vs him and Garuda.

EDIT: No, Nikolai seems like a better choice. Got the achi now.

Edited by Doopliss SWE

Great work, Rick - I really didn't like the game much, but I'm still trying to play it to the end. :drunk

Started in Hard, White Side, but as noticed i'ts very hard... I'm thinking to end the game in Normal first, and then I can try the Hard mode again.

Just to be sure: all the achievements can be done offline?

Great work, Rick - I really didn't like the game much, but I'm still trying to play it to the end. :drunk

Started in Hard, White Side, but as noticed i'ts very hard... I'm thinking to end the game in Normal first, and then I can try the Hard mode again.

Just to be sure: all the achievements can be done offline?

Oh yes my dear friend, the game isn´t that easy, but with a little practice you can handle it just fine.

I strongly recomend to start on normal, so you can get a hang of things.

And to answer your question, you can do everything offline, thanks to God there´s not a single MP achievement! :drunk:woop:

Edited by xD Rick

Oh yes my dear friend, the game isn´t that easy, but with a little practice you can handle it just fine.

I strongly recomend to start on normal, so you can get a hang of things.

And to answer your question, you can do everything offline, thanks to God there´s not a single MP achievement! :drunk:woop:

Thanks Master Rick!

This was a nice thing by them... even with the game being more Multiplayer oriented, all offline achievements it's a (big) plus.

I will start a new game today, in Normal. Maybe with more a fun gameplay, my initial opinion of the game changes.

By the way, you being a Bayonetta fan, you knew that there's seem to be a Japanase Pre-Order Bonus to unlock her as a playable characther? Cheers! :drunk

Thanks Master Rick!

This was a nice thing by them... even with the game being more Multiplayer oriented, all offline achievements it's a (big) plus.

I will start a new game today, in Normal. Maybe with more a fun gameplay, my initial opinion of the game changes.

By the way, you being a Bayonetta fan, you knew that there's seem to be a Japanase Pre-Order Bonus to unlock her as a playable characther? Cheers! :drunk

Oh yes, I know.

And as sure as hell I´ll replay this game to death just because of her.

Have I told you I´ve finished Bayonetta 20 times? First 3 was to get full GS, the other 17 just because I love her so much!

Can´t wait till they put her DLC on Marketplace, as I haven´t pre-ordered this game.