Official Bitching Thread

DOPE BOI

I typed up a whole rant, but it was so long the server timed out on me and lost my post when I clicked Post. So short version:

One of the worst games I have ever played in my entire life. No exaggeration.

For a game that markets its parkour-like movement, the gameplay is clunky. Even using the light weight class, everything is just faster, but not smoother.

Horrible graphics and audio. Game is slow (almost "laggy") even when playing off the hard drive and single-player offline.

Game f%$^ing cheats all the time. Their hack was only at 85% when I killed the hacker and it said they won the round. Random deaths from nowhere. If you try to shut out the other team in the first point, your friendly AIs act drunk exactly when there are 30 seconds left in the round.

I got the game for free, but I rue the day I decided to give it a shot. Should've just traded it in.

People keep telling me the game is flawed, but it has its moments. I agree that it has its moments. It's just that all those moments are horrible.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AI are making me incredibly angry on Security Day 6. However I'm starting to think it's because I'm a low level and on a high difficulty. Apart from the AI it's enjoyable for the £5 I paid for it.

sorry to break the news but unless you get someone else to help it wont matter what level you are. Find someone on the site to help. If I had the game I'd help, but it's LONG gone.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for resurrecting a nearly dead thread, but I have to put in my two cents.

I have recently picked the game up for $8 thinking that it would be an easy 1k. I've put in a few hours in it and the more I play this game, the more I want it to be a good game. I want to like this game so much. The premise of the game had so much potential. But the god awful teammate AI and the ridiculously overpowered bots ruin the experience. It's so obvious that this game was meant to be played with other humans given that Splash Damage completely half-assed the offline portion of the game.

The premise seemed perfect; create a game that would have both the single player and multiplayer portions flow seamlessly, but in practice, it turned out to be a complete mess. The single player hardly works and hardly anyone plays online anymore so it's hard to feel the experience that was originally intended.

But when it does work, man, as repetitive as it gets, the game is actually really entertaining. Unfortunately, those moments are rare and that entertained feel is replaced by the desire to want to punch the AI programmer in the dick.

Despite all this, I don't hate the game. If anything, I feel like a disappointed father with an unmotivated child that brings home low grades every day from school. I know it could have done better. I want it to do better and make me proud, but it just doesn't seem like it wants to try.

Every fiber of my being really, really wants to like this game. I know it could have been a great game, but the flaws are just too huge for it to get there. It just isn't happening.

Edited by youre so bastos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If you play this on Versus (which is highly recommended) please set your Solo difficulty to 'easy'. Even though Versus is basically difficulty free, I felt a huge difference between solo/versus hard to solo/versus easy. It was very manageable at that point.

Since the versus matches are basically bots, I think the game adjusts the difficulty according to what the solo setting is; so make sure it's easy! You will still get the 'versus' related achievements.

Also if you do decide to play this game, have a friend that wants to play it too.. the online community is all but dead. I've basically finished this game in 3 days, including DLC, and I never saw 1 person online in a versus public match. I managed to find a random persons post and we hooked up for the land mine achievement and such.

Edited by Xenolith666

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't see, why so many people struggle to get the challenges done?! In my eyes the campaign is way tougher. The AI of your team mates is a real pain in the ass. They are only rarely of help. And the enemies get ridiculously strong, even on easy, as you progress through the game. I don't have xbox live, and I don't want it atm, so I don't know, if it is any good online. The game had a lot of potential, but it all get's screwed up by the fail AI...

Never before has a game gotten me that mad :uzi:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Never in my life have I wanted to snap a game disc in half as I do right now. Shotgun a guy, point-blank, and he shrugs it off and kills me. That's the last straw for me after an already frustrating afternoon trying to get into this. Not my kind of game - to those of you who completed it, kudos to you for having the patience.

A game I wish I hadn't PLAYED. It looked fun at first, but each level is just a pvp match. If it had an actual campaign instead of a mock pvp match system really only made for multiplayer, it would have probably been a great game. But, it was extremely cheap. Now I know why.

The AI on your team is close to useless, you usually have to kill 9/10 enemies for your teammates to kill a single enemy. And the enemy team is always on the ball. You're lucky if you get three teammates to show up at the objective with you, and you can kill 6 people and still have them overrun the point because your AI team just isn't there.

The enemy medics are insane too compared to yours. I just did a defend mission and was the only one guarding the point for at least 8/10 minutes. I took cover behind a barrel and was able to pretty much solo the mission. I have never had to kill so many of the same people over and over because there are two medics reviving everyone. The message about the enemy retrieving and dropping the objective lasted for 2 minutes. I ended with 9,000 experience just from shooting people behind a barrel as a soldier.

Don't get me started on security mission 6 for the campaign, it really opens your eyes up to the problems. Which is the strength and intelligence of the enemy AI compared to yours. I would love to see someone complete that level without having to play a spy and capture the point completely by themselves while killing every enemy each respawn.

I am level 13 at the moment and I heard it gets harder as you level. I'm really not looking forward to that. I don't know if I will be able to complete this game. I highly doubt I will even want to.

The only reason any of this matters is because you have to rely so heavily on the AI for this to be a fair match, even though it really never was.

Edited by Sizzy