• The thieves den
    • the vile lair
    • The wizards tower

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Im gonna be starting a new character soon and i thought i would get some of the downloadable content if it is worth getting.

(if you vote please comment on why you voted for what you did, plus as you can only vote for one thing vote for the best in your opinion and post with any other packs you think are good/really bad)

I put the wizards tower, I got that and thought it was awesome, I would also recommend the spell tomes.

If you're doing an evil charactor go for the thieves den, that place is cool and you can barter everything at good prices and there's a load of traimers there as well.

Horse armour is a waste of money, it only comes in use if you fancy going to take down 30 minotours on a horse (which won't happen), there's also no point in getting the orrey if you get the wizards tower, they do the same thing but you get some more stuff with the tower, e.g in the tower you get the pentamagic ring which boosts nearly every kind of magic and theres also a room full of every ingredient in the game useful for working up alchemy.

I've heard Mehrunes razor is good if you have a stealthy charactor, not heard much more about it.

A lot of them are worth it, but I would say the Wizards Tower is the best.

Once you buy all the furniture for it, it is worth a lot even if you're not a magic based character. The ability to make spells or enchant weaponry is great. Then being able to pick any plants you may need is an invaluable ability to have.

The Thieves Den is another I would highly recommend. Being able to get money ever week of the game ensures you being to able to afford some things later in the game if you need the money.

Those two are definently the best to have.

Im gonna be starting a new character soon and i thought i would get some of the downloadable content if it is worth getting.

Hands down the Wizard's Tower for a new character. You get all of the benefits of being in the Mage's Guild right off the bat and a pretty decent ring. Also if you're into alchemy all of the stuff is right there for you. This really boosted my start of the 24 hour challenge.

For an existing player, I'd say it's probably Knights of Nine.

Just because I didn't see any info in Pin's post, here's some from Major Nelson.

Official link HERE.

Looking for a reason to return to Cyrodiil for the Holidays? How about a a free expansion pack? Bethesda is giving away* one of their most popular downloads for Oblivion – ‘Mehrunes Razor’ – for a limited period of time. Starting today, you can download Mehrunes Razor for free. This offer is only for a limited time…from now until December 31st 2006. On Monday, January 1, 2007 it will go back to its standard price.

Man, I'm so happy I never purchased it! I'll be getting this ASAP!