Mass Effect 3 FAQ

Bahroo3

For those of you wanting to do a playthrough for maximum SP assets I found the following guide. It's a little bit ugly but it shows the choices needed across the first two installments to get the most out of ME3.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1P0zUryLGC3agrSDiT3gTu-sT7pXs1nr8ehMyROfq9Ns

The only thing I'd be aware of is that he tells you to let Kirrahe die in ME1 due to a perceived glitch. If this is ever patched then you should let Kirrahe live in ME1.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you wanting to do a playthrough for maximum SP assets I found the following guide. It's a little bit ugly but it shows the choices needed across the first two installments to get the most out of ME3.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1P0zUryLGC3agrSDiT3gTu-sT7pXs1nr8ehMyROfq9Ns

The only thing I'd be aware of is that he tells you to let Kirrahe die in ME1 due to a perceived glitch. If this is ever patched then you should let Kirrahe live in ME1.

Thanks for this and I will add to the FAQ but sadly even with the "perfect" run it's still impossible to achieve the perfect ending w/o Datapad or MP which is a dumb move on Bioware's part.

Yeah I know. At least this will limit the amount of MP required though. I'm wondering if future single player DLC will add enough assets to make MP unnecessary.

Hopefully they will but I just don't see where they would get them from considering they have most of the major ones are already covered(Quarain, Geth, Krogan, Turian, Alliance,Salarian, Asari, Misc)

Thanks for posting that, I was wondering what the deal with that 'Salarian Special Tasks Group' was. I'm guessing the oversight here has to do with the PS3 port, as Kirrahe is impossible to obtain in that version, but they didn't want that to have a big impact on obtainable war assets there

Hmm I notice I never got the 'Turian Blackwatch' asset even though I did the bomb mission. There must be a glitch here somewhere

Edited by Merch

Quick Question

There's those Level 4/5 perks that give you a 10% increase to Power Damage/Force etc. Does that have any effect on Barrier, Fortification, Tech Armor etc. which I use constantly. Or am I just better off with the Weapon Damage Increase?

The way I read the descriptions, the power damage/force increase affects the detonation effect of barrier and tech armor and the damage bonus of fortification. I wouldn't expect the damage bonus to powers or damage reduction while those armors are on would gain the bonus.

The way I read the descriptions, the power damage/force increase affects the detonation effect of barrier and tech armor and the damage bonus of fortification. I wouldn't expect the damage bonus to powers or damage reduction while those armors are on would gain the bonus.

Fortification's damage increase is not effected by any stats other than it's own evolution. As for Tech/Barrier, Power and Force increases will effect the damage done from the explosion and how far the target will stagger based on force.

Damage Reduction powers cannot be increased in any way outside of their 2 evolution increases (5% R4 and 10% R6)

Fortification's damage increase is not effected by any stats other than it's own evolution. As for Tech/Barrier, Power and Force increases will effect the damage done from the explosion and how far the target will stagger based on force.

Damage Reduction powers cannot be increased in any way outside of their 2 evolution increases (5% R4 and 10% R6)

That's what I was thinking, but just wanted to doublecheck. I never cause those explosions so it's not for me. Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...

Here's a question: Whys the ending so terrible?

Now that i've got that out of the way, here's a serious question:

What does Kelly Chambers do in ME3 if you saved her in ME2? (She died in my playthrough and I refuse to go back and play through any of the ME games until the extended cut DLC is out. It might sound stupid and it likely is but I can't bring myself to play the series, knowing that everything will end up the way it did)

Here's a question: Whys the ending so terrible?

Now that i've got that out of the way, here's a serious question:

What does Kelly Chambers do in ME3 if you saved her in ME2? (She died in my playthrough and I refuse to go back and play through any of the ME games until the extended cut DLC is out. It might sound stupid and it likely is but I can't bring myself to play the series, knowing that everything will end up the way it did)

Because Space Magic.

[spoiler=chess]In order to even have her show up in ME3 you need you have invited her for dinner. After that she will watch over your fish and will give them back to you in ME3. You can also convince her to change her name so she does not get killed during the attack on the Citadel.

Edited by Bahroo3

Because Space Magic.

[spoiler=chess]In order to even have her show up in ME3 you need you have invited her for dinner. After that she will watch over your fish and will give them back to you in ME3. You can also convince her to change her name so she does not get killing during the attack on the Citadel.

Thanks. I knew Bioware were stealing from somewhere and now I know. After Skyrim sold so well, they thought "Lets add magic it will put our game into the history books and get a reaction from all our fans". And it worked, just not in the way they hoped.

Guest Scotty
If you discuss anything that happens in game please use spoiler tags.

what i posted/used was as good as a spoiler tag. if you're reading my post and fail to see the capital ''POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!'' then you have no one to blame but yourself for having something spoiled for you by reading my post.(not you specifically but anyone reading it that hasn't completed it).

anyway i'll do you one better and delete my previous post to save anyone having their game ruined by me.

• 1 month later...

I've got two questions which I can't find the answer too.

1) Do Bioware ever say whats so important about London that the Reapers set up their 'base' there? (i don't even know if there is anything important about it)

2) How does Anderson get to London from Vancouver (the place at the start of the game, don't know if I have it right) without being detected by the Reapers?

Thanks in advance if the questions get answered.

1) Do Bioware ever say whats so important about London that the Reapers set up their 'base' there? (i don't even know if there is anything important about it)

2) How does Anderson get to London from Vancouver (the place at the start of the game, don't know if I have it right) without being detected by the Reapers?

http://www.popular.com.sg/images/product/vcd/61004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

-This game is to Easy/Hard how can I change this?

You can the Difficulty Under Options->Gameplay from Casual->Insanity. The game is set on Normal by default.

Awesome thread. Not trying to pick a fight, I just want to help make it more perfect. The question above misses an ,,o" from too and the change word is missing from the answer, right? Just minor things, and I may be wrong; in that case, please spare me.

1) I can probably spit out a few generic reasons. Huge population. Central hub of communication and...stuff. Probably helps it has a really iconic building for dramatic effect. The majority of players are most likely English speaking. Would appeal to them more as opposed to invading Paris or Berlin. I know there's America, but Anderson is from London so yeah. GTFO out of Anderson's hometown! If you were Earthborn it would be good if London was where you lived but I doubt it is. And if they destroy it, where will the Olympics be held?!

2) Anderson has a clone/twin brother. Or a secret underground monorail.

Space Magic is also an acceptable explanation.

Edited by DJConnelly

• 1 month later...

OK, I've been looking at quite a lot of website, using multiple and differents keywords but couldn't manage to find the answer to my question.

Does anyone have the correct number of credits needed to upgrade (with or without 10% discount) the 3 weapons at the Spectre terminal?

I just "finished" my 3rd playthrough (saved before attacking Cerberus HQ) and don't see myself embarking on a 4th one if I won't be able to buy and upgrade those 3 useless weapons.

EDIT: The reason why I didn't buy/upgrade them is because all my credits went into the DLC weapons.

There have been many discussions and theories on that in the Leviathan sub-forum stickied at the top of the page. I am not sure how you haven't noticed it since you are in this forum all the time.

I want to avoid spoilers so I chose to not to venture too deep.

That said i'll go check out the first page and see.

Edited by Burnout x360a

• 3 months later...
I never actually checked this when I started ME3. My question is; does the online pass ever expire?
Depends on what you mean.

The code that comes with new game expires December 31 2021 (at least mine does). After that date you will not be able to redeem that code.

Once you enter the code or buy Online Pass in the menus you will be able to play ultill they turn off the servers (it is EA game so it will happen at some point) or untill they ban you for cheating.