Achievement Guide and Roadmap (WIP)

h4mm32

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heartbreaker - Easy "Glitch Method"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpMktAs7QZY]BioShock Infinite - Heartbreaker Achievement/Trophy Guide - Glitch - YouTube[/ame]

Found out that you can go up to the balcony during the handyman battle, and he'll get stuck. Leaving him open to easy sniping on any difficulty.

Feel free to explain the method as shown in the video, and include it in the guide!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1594/1594-39.jpg Heartbreaker 50http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Killed a Handyman by only shooting his heart.

Handy Men are the larger enemies with Giant mechanical hands at the center of their chest is a open beating visible heart, shooting the heart will do added damage. All damage has to be to his heart, keep Damage Over Time effects off to lower your risk, but you can damage him otherwise until then. The gear upgrade to do more damage to handy men as well as weapon upgrades will vastly help. Don't use any vigors and clear out all other enemies first, if you have an upgrade that has damage effects when enemies attack you, it will also negate this.

You can use the secondary effect of undertow (hold lb and charge undertow) to temporarily paralyze the handyman and get a open shot at the heart. repeat for a total of 5-6 times and you should of killed him. It does work i unlocked the achievement by doing it this way.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1594/1594-35.jpg Bon Voyage 25http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Killed 20 enemies by knocking them off Columbia.

Use the undertow vigor by pressing http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/lt.png when an enemy is somewhat near or right next to an edge. Undertow does little to no damage so you can rinse and repeat...until he is thrown off the edge.

Much easier method is use Bucking Bronco (lifts them up) then undertow to throw them off Columbia

bucking bronco used with undertow. or bucking bronco then shoot them... just bucking bronco and they float over. undertow and they fall off. charge and they get knocked off. shoot a rocket and the explode off. possibilities are endless i just went with what was easiest to use in case some one didn't upgrade their bucking bronco for length and isn't that great with shooters but ill add something in.

bucking bronco used with undertow. or bucking bronco then shoot them... just bucking bronco and they float over. undertow and they fall off. charge and they get knocked off. shoot a rocket and the explode off. possibilities are endless i just went with what was easiest to use in case some one didn't upgrade their bucking bronco for length and isn't that great with shooters but ill add something in.

Just a note that the Burstgun, Pistol, Sniper, Hand Cannon, RPG, Machine Gun, and Repeater see to lack power to push enemies once in the air which is odd. Shotguns, Volly Gun, Melee, and Chain Gun have no issue though.

Just a note that the Burstgun, Pistol, Sniper, Hand Cannon, RPG, Machine Gun, and Repeater see to lack power to push enemies once in the air which is odd. Shotguns, Volly Gun, Melee, and Chain Gun have no issue though.

I had no issues with thompson or carbine equivalents. And the hand cannon worked but the volley gun always pushed them down ill assume I aim high pistol never worked though

Another strategy for 'Skeet Shoot' which I found effective was, in the areas where there are skylines and enemies, ride on a skyline and get the enemies following you. Dismount from the skyline, and as the enemies drop off (they dismount very close to you), shoot them, preferably with a shotgun or hand cannon.

However, I'm not sure if it's just melee enemies who follow you on skylines, I think it might be.

anyone know best location for this cheevo!?

Order of the Raven church/lodge. When you walk in to main part of it. There are 5 (I believe) guys on the ground below while you are up on a balcony. If you walk up to the edge of the balcony, you can quickly lay a Devil's Kiss trap in the middle of them before they become aware of you.

For Scavenger Hunt, it's straightforward as in just don't purchase anything from it whatsoever right? Meaning I can possess it, browse through the items being sold, and still gain the achievement?

irrational are fairly good coders but i don't trust my luck i'm avoiding dollar bill machines like they have plague. not possessing, not going near them, not browsing, nothing.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1594/1594-27.jpg More for Your Money 25http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Lured 3 enemies into a single Vigor trap 5 times.

This and all of the weapon achievements extremely easy to get during the bank mission. When you leave the bank the ghost will appear and as long as she is left alone will constantly revive enemies. With a fully upgraded devil's kiss, you can get this achievement easily. Then just pick off enemies you need to kill for the weapon achievements until completed. In the bank they have a sniper, volley gun, machine guns, hand cannon, pistols, carbine. It has every weapon type in there but the RPG for the achievements.

I also got a question.

Can I buy stuff from the other vendor's and just not the dollar bill vendor, and still get both achievements for 1999 mode?

Edited by Ray5555

You can also use the Founder's Lodge / Fraternal Order of the Raven to grind out More For Your Money.

Where all of the hooded enemies congregate, toss down a Devil's Kiss trap in the middle of them. That should count for three out of the five for the achievement. Simply reload the checkpoint and do it once more, achievement will pop.

You can also use the Founder's Lodge / Fraternal Order of the Raven to grind out More For Your Money.

Where all of the hooded enemies congregate, toss down a Devil's Kiss trap in the middle of them. That should count for three out of the five for the achievement. Simply reload the checkpoint and do it once more, achievement will pop.

I said the bank cause they litterally group in waves of 4+, also there is every weapon there to get those achievements. The misc achievements I am missing. Are the knock people off the skyline, kill people with possed machines and kill people while drunk. I just need to figure out where is the best place to get the first 2

Quick question, is it sensible to combine the Scavenger Hunt run with all the collectibles?

It's possible. None of them are time sensitive, and can be picked up after battles and such.

It's a lot to keep track of, and you may be better off spending lockpicks on safes to get more money, than on doors getting collectibles.

If you're good, it's easily possible. If you don't want as much struggles, do it twice.

A couple minor things:

You should put the dollar sign on the correct side.

And you should edit the guide to include where the easiest area is to farm for the achievements. So, in text, put what chapters Handyman appears in and what chapter you can do the glitch on. Also what chapters you can select to most easily obtain the possess machines achievements, the kill people on rails achievement, etc.

If you did that this guide would be incredible.