The Official I'm Stuck/Achievement Questions Thread

Vendetta

I'm starting the game following the guide to get the Good Samaritan, on my way for the second mission (after Buck's Story) I confront 3 brutes gathering the Engineer, at first I just want to kill the Brutes and after I did that the Engineer all the sudden chase after me and killed itself. Just to be sure, I restart the mission (which is from the last point of the checkpoint) and just go pass through them from the back without confronting them.

However, as I finished doing the next mission, I went back to the area of the first engineer just to see if it's there, but it wasn't there so I'm totally confused of what happened to it.:confused:

Should I start the new game all over again or just continue on playing?

EDIT: Nevermind, it just popped during the search for Dare

Edited by ReD S1X

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so here is what I did. I was playing through my first playthrough on legendary. I finished all the levels up to and including Kikowani Station. I went back on easier difficulties to snag some achievements because legendary is a bit stale on here. When I went back to Mombasa Streets there were still beacons though. Is there a quick fix or do I have to replay all the levels again or what's going on? o.o

Ok, so here is what I did. I was playing through my first playthrough on legendary. I finished all the levels up to and including Kikowani Station. I went back on easier difficulties to snag some achievements because legendary is a bit stale on here. When I went back to Mombasa Streets there were still beacons though. Is there a quick fix or do I have to replay all the levels again or what's going on? o.o

If you just load up mombasa steets, then it will give you all of the missions to access again. This free roam level acts as almost a lobby for the rest of the missions (although still fun cos you get to kill enemies!).

The game should still have a record that you've completed certain levels on Legendary difficulty, so you should just be able to finish off the ones you haven't done to unlock achievement(s).

After completing the game I had a few audio logs that I didnt get...I went back into the mission Oni Alpha Site, where you play as Dutch to try and get the rest....but they were not available. The audio log screens were all blacked out.

What level should I replay to be able to backtrack through and get all the logs?

If it's too late to get the 29 because I already beat the game...can I run through it on EASY and still get the achievement?

• 1 month later...

hey there, is it possible to make the endure and deja vu achievements with 2 players in a same xboxes with their own gamertags with gold and another 2 players in another xbox with each their onw gold memb gamertags connected??

so it would be 2 players in house connected with another 2 players in another house.. each player with their own golden membership gamertag.. will we do the achievement?

because it says deja vu:

Complete Highway on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and no 'Hog or Scorpion.

and endure:

In Firefight, on any mission, pass the 4th Set on 4-player Heroic LIVE co-op.

i'm concerned about the LIVE part..

these 2 are my only achievements left to complete the challenge.... me and my buddies just want to know if it will work... thanks for any help :D

• 1 month later...

The best strategies for completing Windward that I've seen so far have emphasized:

• use the pillars outside the main spawn to block enemy fire
  • avoid fighting upstairs; instead fight downstairs
  • use corners to block enemy fire and lead them
  • use the ramps to hit enemies with grenades

The first two tips are the only really map specific ones. Are there any other hints for taking on the Windward map in Firefight?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
is it possible to go straight to data hive from mombasa streets w/o first playing thru any or all of the other missions

If you already completed the game once, you can go to the campaign lobby and select what mission you wish to start from. But if you didn't finish the game yet it will not be possible.

hey there, is it possible to make the endure and deja vu achievements with 2 players in a same xboxes with their own gamertags with gold and another 2 players in another xbox with each their onw gold memb gamertags connected??

so it would be 2 players in house connected with another 2 players in another house.. each player with their own golden membership gamertag.. will we do the achievement?

because it says deja vu:

Complete Highway on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and no 'Hog or Scorpion.

and endure:

In Firefight, on any mission, pass the 4th Set on 4-player Heroic LIVE co-op.

i'm concerned about the LIVE part..

these 2 are my only achievements left to complete the challenge.... me and my buddies just want to know if it will work... thanks for any help :D

As long as all players have Xbox Live and are in the same Firefight Lobby obv. you should have no problem getting it.

btw you will need to recover the 2nd players Gamer-tag. Recommend - Copy to Flash Drive.

After completing the game I had a few audio logs that I didnt get...I went back into the mission Oni Alpha Site, where you play as Dutch to try and get the rest....but they were not available. The audio log screens were all blacked out.

What level should I replay to be able to backtrack through and get all the logs?

If it's too late to get the 29 because I already beat the game...can I run through it on EASY and still get the achievement?

When you start the game again from start, the Audio Logs stay with you ( unless you didn't save or dashboard ). So yes you can run through on easy and get the rest of the Logs.

Hope this info. helps.

Edited by Cipher116

I have a question about legendary achievement (complete every level on legendary difficulty). My question is can u start legendary on solo and do 2 levels. Then do rest on co-op will u get the achievement. Post here or message my gamertag kornflake360 thank you

Well the achievement did not mentioned any thing as far as doing it specifically solo. So finishing it on co-up should not be a problem.

okay, im stuck on kikowani at the scarab bit on legendary,i've been underneath it shooting the legs,in it having killed everyone but i cant seem to bring it down ,please help:confused: and also what are skulls and how do you activate them ?(my first halo game)

Edited by skipster7

skulls are activated via the lobby. before you start a campaign you have the choice of using several different skulls. im not on my XBOX right now, but im pretty sure you press X or something, and the screen with all skulls pop up. simply activate which ones you want.

although if this is your first halo game, i woudnt recommend doing this because they make the game significantly harder. if you play on firefight you may have noticed they automatically upgrade the ammount of skulls active, more after each round completed. and by round 3 or 4, you can see a huge difference in the difficulty.

skulls are activated via the lobby. before you start a campaign you have the choice of using several different skulls. im not on my XBOX right now, but im pretty sure you press X or something, and the screen with all skulls pop up. simply activate which ones you want.

although if this is your first halo game, i woudnt recommend doing this because they make the game significantly harder. if you play on firefight you may have noticed they automatically upgrade the ammount of skulls active, more after each round completed. and by round 3 or 4, you can see a huge difference in the difficulty.

thanks for that:)

• 3 months later...

we will do those with 4players and on heroic mode which takes about 30-40mins to get those if we dont rush in. my gamertag is iMaxStaar v add me to your boosting groups or send me msg i can boost whenever.

Six Firefight i need are:

Firefight: Rally Point

Firefight: Crater

Firefight: Lost Platoon

Firefight: Windward

Firefight: Chasm Ten

Firefight: Last Exit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I finished the game on Legendary (Co-op) but accidentally killed one of the Engineers. Knowing this, I stopped collecting the audio logs too.

I know I have to re-play the whole campaign to get the 2 Engineer based and audio log achievements. I plan to do this solo. However, what is the lowest difficulty setting that I can get these achievements? Easy? I want to breeze through it and only do clean-up on the remaining achievements.

I know some like the Vid Master require different difficulty settings. Thanks!

UPDATE: Any difficulty setting (including Easy) will net you the Audio Logs and the Gardian/Engineer achievements.

Edited by RamHawk

• 7 months later...

Dport: go inside the last building, go to the last floor (top) and head out to face the center of this area. I don't remember if there's a Carbine or a sniper-covenant rifle. Both hunters just will stare at you for a moment, then turn around and start walking away. When they do this, shoot one of them in the back (their weakest spot along with their "abdominals"). They will turn around again to face you, don't do anything now -they'll probably shoot back. Wait for them to turn around and expose their backs again, shoot them...etc.

Always shoot the same hunter to kill him before you run out of ammo; when you kill it, you can go downstairs and take the hunter left any way you want it (shotgun and brute shot are good choices)

• 6 months later...

I have played through the solo and managed to get 26/29 audio files on the main map. When I have gone back all the locations say they have been done...Used guides and no new ones to get.

Does anybody know if I need to delete my save file and then start fresh to resolve this issue? Or does somebody want to Co-Op and just help me get this...Also willing to help with Firefight if anybody needs.

GT is Gate Commander