Game of the Week: February 3-9 (Guitar Hero)

Capn Doug

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/screenshots/1395/med_1654Guitar_Hero_Warriors_of_Rock_-_CBGBs.jpg

Wait, what? You must be kidding... Every Guitar Hero game? Alright...

There really is no feeling like the one you get from being a rock star. The roar of the crowd as you nail that solo, the spotlight that shines only on you, the groupies... I think Supertramp said it best: "When you're up on the stage it's so unbelievable. Unforgettable. They adore you..." Guitar Hero was the first game to really give you even a sliver of that feeling. Rock Band may have gotten the whole DLC and forward compatibility thing right (and vocals, but let's not go there), but there is no greater feeling than when the crowd shouts out for Freebird at the end of Guitar Hero 2. We want to get that feeling with the XBA community, but we couldn't figure out what the best Guitar Hero game was, so we just decided to run them all. I think it may be time to play some Hotel California in Guitar Hero World Tour.

If you are interested in playing with XBA members, feel free to post in this thread and/or just drop into a game throughout the week. Staff members, Subscribers and Ambassadors will be creating rooms off and on during the week, but feel free to create your own XBA room and set it to public.

If you plan on hosting a session, please post in this thread so that people can join you! If you are joining a session, make sure you tell the host you are from XBA.

Edited by Capn Doug

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my first Community Gaming Event I'm taking part in. Wohoo! Unfortunately I only own Guitar Hero 3 at the moment but I'll be there if someone wants a match-up.

Haven't played in ages so I'm probably a little rusty so don't be afraid of that 980/1000GS on my tag ;)

My time zone is GMT+2.

I'll definitely be around to play some Guitar Hero, still own GH3, WT, 5, and WoR. Definitely am going to be rusty though.

Time to start practicing again :)

Edit: looks like I've got some work to do.

[spoiler=new]

http://i.imgur.com/M4P6S5q.jpg

Old score:

[spoiler=old]

http://i.imgur.com/VQ5yolO.jpg

Edited by Ceris

I'll definitely be around to play some Guitar Hero, still own GH3, WT, 5, and WoR. Definitely am going to be rusty though.

Time to start practicing again :)

For sure. I know I'm rusty as hell. Last time I played GH I failed both TTFAF and Black Widow of La Porte.

I have all of them except for Van Halen and Smash Hits. Who would like to be destroyed first? ;)

Challenge accepted. You might beat me, but if you do I highly doubt you will destroy me.

Edited by dakisbac

What the community doesn't know, is that Spade got whooped by a girl when we played a few weeks ago.

Can't wait to do it again :D

I will admit, you caught me when I was quite rusty. Hopefully next time I'll be more prepared.

For sure. I know I'm rusty as hell. Last time I played GH I failed both TTFAF and Black Widow of La Porte.

Challenge accepted. You might beat me, but if you do I highly doubt you will destroy me.

You and Puppys seem to be the only challenge on the site.

The only thing I have to be concerned about is when you pull out My Name Is Jonas. ;)

^ Heh, don't forget I was rusty too! When are you going to be around for this Spade?

I may be on tonight after 9pm (EST), and definitely going to be online hosting a session tomorrow night. Unfortunately I only have Warriors of Rock, but if someone wants to play let me know!