mlb 2k9 spreedsheet of all cards (including description for each player)

excel spreadsheet of all baseball cards in game, also has a small description of what you need to do for each card. there seperated by team as well (note that in the playing against for pitchers if it says you need 3 hits then that means u need 3 consecutive hits)

EX::Bounce:

player

angles..........playing as...............playing against.......got??

hunter..........score 2 runs............5 outs...................1

lackey..........4 shutout innings......3 hits

for the got column if u put a 1 in when u get the card you can scroll to the bottom of the sheet and it will add all the ones you have.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9hwyj1

You can get the compatibility pack free from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

Then you can open the new file formats in Office 2003.

edit: i have found one error in my database, on the reds edwin encarnacion is not listed, so make sure to write him in .. (play as reds= home run; play agianst = 2 ks)

Edited by dreamweaver1984
title correction

excel spreadsheet of all baseball cards in game, also has a small description of what you need to do for each card. there seperated by team as well (note that in the playing against for pitchers if it says you need 3 hits then that means u need 3 consecutive hits)

EX::Bounce:

player

angles..........playing as...............playing against.......got??

hunter..........score 2 runs............5 outs...................1

lackey..........4 shutout innings......3 hits

for the got column if u put a 1 in when u get the card you can scroll to the bottom of the sheet and it will add all the ones you have.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0uevr7

if you have any questions please feel free to message me on xbox live

Mind if I link this to the guide?

You can get the compatibility pack free from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

Then you can open the new file formats in Office 2003.

thanks for putting this here i will add this to my top of the thread and credit you

Thanks for the spreadsheet, this will make things a bit easier.

Also another program people can use to read it would be OpenOffice. Which as far as I know works on pretty much all operating systems. http://www.openoffice.org/

Also while I was going through I noticed that Edwin Encarnacion was missing from the Reds cardlist but I think that was the only player missed. So once again, good job on this man.

Edited by ReverendPhill

If you guys are like me, you are looking at this spreadsheet while playing a game. Well I have found out something rather nice. If you are going against a player and trying to get his card, and his card states, "prevent _____ from getting on base during a 9 inning game", receiving this card is very easy. All you have to do is intentionally walk him every time he comes up to bat.

For ex: I am the Texas Rangers playing the Cleveland Indians. One of the cards I can receive is Grady Sizemore. It states, "Prevent Grady Sizemore from getting on base during a 9 inning game." Well, all you have to do is intentionally walk this batter every time he comes up and he will not be credited for getting on base. Pretty clever trick if you don't mind walking a batter every 2 or 3 innings. Several cards can be unlocked by using this method.

If you guys are like me, you are looking at this spreadsheet while playing a game. Well I have found out something rather nice. If you are going against a player and trying to get his card, and his card states, "prevent _____ from getting on base during a 9 inning game", receiving this card is very easy. All you have to do is intentionally walk him every time he comes up to bat.

For ex: I am the Texas Rangers playing the Cleveland Indians. One of the cards I can receive is Grady Sizemore. It states, "Prevent Grady Sizemore from getting on base during a 9 inning game." Well, all you have to do is intentionally walk this batter every time he comes up and he will not be credited for getting on base. Pretty clever trick if you don't mind walking a batter every 2 or 3 innings. Several cards can be unlocked by using this method.

great find considering the game allows this.. i tested it and it infact works.

thanks for the great find silverslugger

Ok i have a nerdy question here, im not very good with excel but i know you can make 'formulas' or something to like add values and display them in another cell. Is there a way to make it count every time theres an 'X' in the column 'got?' and display that result in another cell? any help would be appreciated

Ok i have a nerdy question here, im not very good with excel but i know you can make 'formulas' or something to like add values and display them in another cell. Is there a way to make it count every time theres an 'X' in the column 'got?' and display that result in another cell? any help would be appreciated

The spreadsheet comes with the formula built in. Bottom right hand side, you need to use numbers and not letters. That's why he tells you to mark off with a 1 under "got?".

If you'd like to do one yourself you can just use this: = Sum(A1: A5) where the A1: A5 is just substitute the row letter and the numbers where you want to begin and end at.