PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Rockstar Games Table Tennis
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-17-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Grrrr!! Jung Soo strategy needed

I'm playing the Pro Circuit on default settings, with Jeurgen and I'm up to the semi-final of the last round, so one more match after this annoying Jung Soo.
I've got the ace serve down, but he still manages to return it quite often.

I really need some tips for his service though, I've tried all sorts of spins etc but he always seems to pull something amazing out of his bag of tricks.

I'd rather not go back to the beginning and use another character as it does let me "rematch", although will that still unlock the "Competitor" achievement ?
LeiChat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
Lonsta DaMonsta

Send a message via AIM to Lonsta DaMonsta

Lonsta DaMonsta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
My advice is to try and pull off the Ace serve as much as possible, and also to do button combinations, such as X + A and X + B (top left spin, top right spin), usually if you can rotate those, you'll eventually get a point. There's no point in starting all over though if you're that close to the achievement.

First legit 1000 in Rockstar Table Tennis
First person to have 1750 in three different games
Lonsta DaMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Well I'm on bloody Mark and have been for the last few months!

Semi Final of All Star on default! Argh! So close, but yet so far! lol

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
Lonsta DaMonsta

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
lol, well Mark is a power hitter, so instead of hitting fast balls back at him, hit some slower ones with some spin (such as the Y + X or the Y + B combos). If you just can't seem to get it, try the very boring strategy of constantly hitting him backspins (Y button), and eventually he might mess up... heh.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #5
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four
Just back spin with no direction?

I usually get bored and try and clip the net with backspin, but winning that many points like that is solid! lol

Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #6
Lonsta DaMonsta

heh, yeah... it'd be worth a try. You can press down on your directional pad (or joystick, whichever you use) a very little bit, but be careful or you'll hit the net, and then get aggrivated, and then throw a controller and scream I HATE YOU MARK!!

Old 11-02-2006, 09:12 PM   #7
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsta DaMonsta View Post
There's no point in starting all over though if you're that close to the achievement.
I did manage to beat him in the end and beat the final opponent but I didn't get the achievement. I'm 99% positive I had default settings on. Does selecting rematch (when I lost to Jung repeatedly) affect the achievement?
Old 11-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #8
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Nah, I had a problem character on Pro and eventually got past him and got the achievement.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #9
Lonsta DaMonsta

Nope, doesn't affect the achievement.... maybe you had something goofy changed such as a camera option or something, which would then actually prevent the achievement from unlocking.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #10
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Thanks. I'll give it another try. I'm almost positive before I began I pressed the button to reset to defaults. Another thought... I did give up and return to it another day, not realising it saves your progress. As it allowed me to continue I did. Next time I'll try and do it in one session.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:58 AM   #11
SenSporky

SenSporky's Gamercard
i need help beating jung soo on all star with haley if anyone can help
SenSporky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:48 AM   #12
GTAmissions1

GTAmissions1's Gamercard
I hate All Star. I am currently using Solayman and I'm against Juergen. I hate this part, even though aces go through. I only beat the All Star with 4 characters. But I'll take the advice the number one 1000 legit in Table Tennis gives.

Also, I nearly broke the game.
GTAmissions1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #13
Elekid

Elekidcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Usually I try to corner them using a right or left spin shot. Then when I've got them all the way over, I'll either spin it the other way at the opposite corner, or top spin it in the opposite corner. Usually works for me.
http://www.soundcloud.com/elekid - Hard Dance (US Hard House, Jumpstyle, Tekstyle, Hardstyle, Tech Dance), Schranz, Hardcore (Happy Hardcore, UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabber, Frenchcore, Speedcore), Breaks, Trance, and Mash Up mixes. Also original US Hard House, Jumpstyle, & Tekstyle tracks and remixes.

Elekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
jwprice1974

jwprice1974's Gamercard
Here's the strategy I used to unlock the all-star and savant achievements fairly quickly. I managed to pull off the ace serve against most players but it never seemed to work against Mark or Jung Soo and sometimes Juergen. So what I did was served straight at them using the Y button then when they returned it I pushed diagonally up and right and tapped Y. They never seemed to return my lob shots with a lot of power allowing me to get a bit of focus power. After a couple hit they would hit the ball to the left side of the table and I would return it using focus power (RB), hitting A & B and aiming directy for the right side of the table. They would normally pop the ball into the air allowing me an easy smash shot which I aim right until the controller barely started vibrating and hitting the A & B buttons again. Hope this helps.
jwprice1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
Katarn

katarn starkilr's Gamercard
Srategy vs. jung soo

I just beat Jung Soo on All-star difficulty. Here's how, on your serves go all the to the right. Then do a left spin serve full power and spin while holding the stick to the left. It should serve an ace. And you should loo kat the achievement guide because it has detailed ways to win.
Katarn is offline   Reply With Quote