PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
MattisAce
Banned User

To Quick x's Gamercard
Rain of Fire Achievement Doesnt Unlock

Am i doing something wrong or something but i killed like 100 hobbits with fire arrows on the last mission shire and it doesnt ..Can the achievement only be done on warriors and cant unlock on hobbits?..

Please can someone help me out.
MattisAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
CovertDog

covertdog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - CovertDog   2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You can do them on Hobbits, but you can't use a Hero. You may want to check and see if you do happen to have it. I was going for the Fire Wall one and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't unlock. I happened to check my achievements and already had it. Don't know if it didn't pop up or if I just didn't notice it.

Space for rent.

CovertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
OldBayFries

oldbayfries's Gamercard
I dont know if it's glitched or not but I would try and try and not get it until I found a little something.

There was a little trick that helped me get this and the achievement for the Mage and Scout on the second to last level in the Evil campaign where you have to clear a path for a battering ram. You have one of the huge orcs or whatever that follow you and you're in a castle I think.

I was at the final bit where you have to break a palisade right in from of a huge double door. The enemies spawn to the right of the door in a small room and they kept spawning and spawning and spawning as long as you dont destroy the palisade right in front of the double door. After I got this achievement I went to one of our flags to change characters and got the achievements for killing 100 with the fire wall and the scouts satchel bomb achievement all in the same playthrough.

Hope this helps.
OldBayFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
MattisAce
Banned User

To Quick x's Gamercard
Does the achievement have to be done in 1 playthrough?

I just used the method which reccommneded on here On Helms Deep - I killed 30 emenies and still didnt get the achievement.................any1 know why?

Last edited by MattisAce; 01-30-2009 at 09:10 PM.
MattisAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
LastbornSmudg3

LastbornSmudg3's Gamercard
I did this on the shire level in the evil campaign. The trick I came up with was to shoot the ents with normal arrows, so it charges up your fire arrows faster.

The hobbits there are also infinite.

This was also glitchy for me, after about 3 different attempts it finally unlocked, just keep trying.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
knockton55

Hi Janice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You may be using a hero or something, plus keep in mind that Fire Arrow's dont kill some enemies in one hit. Warriors for example. A good way, and the way i got mine, is to aqquire the Bloodstone thing on the Moria level, on the Evil campaign, and your arrows kill everyone in one hit. Try this
knockton55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:14 AM   #7
nubdge

nubdge's Gamercard
me too!i was trying for the firewall acheev,did it like 100 times,got pissed,checked again to see if i was doing something wrong,bam,it was already done!and it didnt pop up either!
nubdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
Jack McSmack

Jack McSmack's Gamercard
I also had a problem getting it to unlock. Only shooting the fire arrow it took me 66 kills for it to unlock. I just stayed in the left side of the area you start on in The Shire where. There is a tent there that I hid behind while I waited for the fire arrow to recharge.

Jack McSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #9
xxNIGHTWINGxxx

ShadowMachine X's Gamercard

I tried both good and evil archers. Racked up some fifty some kills with the archer and no achievement unlocked. I just tried the hobbit area and popped about a hundred plus hobbits heads off with the fire arrow and EA is giving me no love with no achievement unlocked.

http://xboxamerica.com/?r=stw-9365

xxNIGHTWINGxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:11 AM   #10
gamespotxz

thefiercestorm's Gamercard
grrr,,, im also having a lot of problems with this achievement
gamespotxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
PidiPjokk

PuddiWack's Gamercard
I made the achievement by killing hobbits.. I had to kill more than 100 with the fire crap.. So just keep trying even tho you have killed over 100 hobbits!
PidiPjokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #12
gamespotxz

this is the last achievement I have and it is not working... I have tried killing over 25 with evil archer, good archer, 25+ hobbits, killing 25 while wearing that spell stone, and 25 kills in a deathmatch game (Got 25 scout bomb kills with 2 guest profiles on the P something fields)

if 100 hobbits doesn't work, im done with this game
Old 02-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #13
gamespotxz

I don't understand it but I killed more than 25 on helm's deep, when it asked me to be a hero I said no and then killed 5 more with fire arrows and got it. What a strange achievement
Old 02-18-2009, 05:46 AM   #14
xxNIGHTWINGxxx

ShadowMachine X's Gamercard

168 confirmed kills with the fire arrow and achievement unlocked. That damn achievement was haunting me. 1000/1000 finally.

http://xboxamerica.com/?r=stw-9365

xxNIGHTWINGxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #15
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well at least others are reporting problems with this achievement. I got the headshots just find on the final level but I sat there getting kill after kill with the fire arrows and nothing. I guess I'll just have to keep doing it until the game gives it to me.

gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
B00MER83

I spent hours upon hours trying to get this achievement and the reading a hint i tried it and got it first time. You need to kill 25 by shooting their torso/legs NOT HEADSHOTS. Registers with HIT, doesn't count with CRITICAL HIT. I did it at the very start of Isengard where I stayed right where I spawned orcs keep spawing.
B00MER83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #17
L4D II JoK3r

L4D II JoK3r's Gamercard
Doesn't unlock for me what so ever

L4D II JoK3r is offline   Reply With Quote