Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-17-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
GoddessNic

Send a message via MSN to GoddessNic

ANBU Nikora's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Blue Dragon - Does It Get Better?

I bought Blue Dragon today, and I have to say I'm a bit disapointed. I admit I only gave it a short go, but so far I'm unimpressed. I'm in a room with a bunch of robot thingys, and it didn't take long for it to be game over. When do I get my Dragon? Does it get better? Asides from the Pokemon games, this is my first try at turn based combat.

Someone convince me I didn't waste my money...

1k: Harry Potter OOTP. CSI: Hard Evidence. Harry Potter HBP. Eternal Sonata. Lost Odyssey. Hannah Montana. Resident Evil 5. Magnacarta 2. Tales of Vesperia
200g: Interpol.

Currently Working On: Mass Effect 2, FFXIII, L4D2 and Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.
GoddessNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
Monkeyman 8322

Send a message via Skype™ to Monkeyman 8322

BatByte's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
well the game is a standard JRPG so its turn based and quite slow progresion it is also very level orianated, slow and not very user based as in you can't control the fights. If you don't like these then you have wasted your money but if you do it will pick up.
Monkeyman 8322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:02 AM   #3
Blue Radium

Blue Radium's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacd View Post
its very similar to dragon quest games (same artist as well). if you're expecting anything other than a run of the mill, standard turn-based jRPG, you'll be disappointed.

That said, the story is at least somewhat interesting. But in the end its mediocre. On the good side, there are definitely worse RPGs on the 360. *cough Enchanted Arms and Fable 2 and Two Worlds cough cough*
Dragon Quests games are amazing, by the way.

If you can't stand turn based games, this was a waste of your money. I enjoy this type of game, and I do own it. I am just so back loaded for games right now, I can't add a game that takes 75+ hours to 100% to my gamercard.

Blue Radium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:07 AM   #4
EOU Findub

EOU Findub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I have been playing four about 10-12 hours of BD and I just quit. I couldn't quite get into it. Maybe it was the annoying voices or simplistic combat...I don't know. I just really really didn't like it.

EDIT: Sorry if I wasn't much help...I just haven't played far enough to really tell you it gets better. I got it for $19.99 though, so I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:43 AM   #5
Gext3r

Send a message via MSN to Gext3r

Gext3r's Gamercard
It's an alright game.
Not something I think I will beat 100%, but overall something I can beat 75% and feel I have done something more accomplishing than landing on the moon.

Thanks to DirtyMcHater for the amazing Signature!
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/blog.asp?tag=Gext3r

Taken a very long break from LIVE.
Gamerscore is closing in on 25k.
Gamerscore is now 33k
Gext3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:52 AM   #6
ILL BallistX
Banned User

ILL BallistX's Gamercard
It`s a shame there aren`t more JRPG`s like blue dragon for xbox360, that was an amazing game, my favorite genre of game... I think i clocked in about 140hours on that. & lol at u thinking u wasted ur money... last time i looked that game was $5.
ILL BallistX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:22 AM   #7
i Eat Kittenzx

Furppe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacd View Post
its very similar to dragon quest games (same artist as well). if you're expecting anything other than a run of the mill, standard turn-based jRPG, you'll be disappointed.

That said, the story is at least somewhat interesting. But in the end its mediocre. On the good side, there are definitely worse RPGs on the 360. *cough Enchanted Arms and Fable 2 and Two Worlds cough cough*
I can agree that Fable wasnt to great and two worlds seems shit but I thought Enchanted arms was actually a pretty good game
i Eat Kittenzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
Incompl33t

Send a message via AIM to Incompl33t

EAT 4 THE LOLZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessNic View Post
I bought Blue Dragon today, and I have to say I'm a bit disapointed. I admit I only gave it a short go, but so far I'm unimpressed. I'm in a room with a bunch of robot thingys, and it didn't take long for it to be game over. When do I get my Dragon? Does it get better? Asides from the Pokemon games, this is my first try at turn based combat.

Someone convince me I didn't waste my money...
Um, you're not supposed to kill the robots, you run away and eat the light sphere, which gives you your dragon, minotaur and phoenix shadows.

I got 1000G on Sonic the Hedgehog. I didn't like the game, I'm just insane.
Incompl33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
GoddessNic

Send a message via MSN to GoddessNic

ANBU Nikora's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompl33t View Post
Um, you're not supposed to kill the robots, you run away and eat the light sphere, which gives you your dragon, minotaur and phoenix shadows.
Well that would explain why I couldn't kill them all. Give me a break, I'm new to this.

I'll give it another shot then. It's not the turn based part I'm not liking, it's the story, and it's all very basic.

1k: Harry Potter OOTP. CSI: Hard Evidence. Harry Potter HBP. Eternal Sonata. Lost Odyssey. Hannah Montana. Resident Evil 5. Magnacarta 2. Tales of Vesperia
200g: Interpol.

Currently Working On: Mass Effect 2, FFXIII, L4D2 and Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.
GoddessNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #10
Rcorm03

Rcorm03's Gamercard
the game its self is really CHILDISH
but for game play if you like seeing your enemies in the field rather then
Randomized battling System you might like it
--
i still need to mop up on it and iam having a tough time keeping intersted.
iam just trying to get to my level cap,secert bosses, Max out my Shadow
for a better tag score but its time comsuming and very very easy for the most part.
---
the think i cant say am to fond of is the kicking of EVERYTHING.
(this take way more time then anything by far)
to top that off you have to search for every *Nothing* and there are a lot to obtain all items in the game
----
am not saying its a stupid game by any means just one of those you play one time thru or you play it when you are completly bored out of your mind.
Rcorm03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #11
Headless Snip3r

Headless Snip3r's Gamercard
It is a more comic drawn game, but over all it is a good JRPG. It is now priced at $9.99 at Gamestop and you can get it cheaper than that on ebay (maybe not after shipping though). It is worth the time, but I enjoy games like this. I am not enjoying the minigame achievements though. Just play through to the end and you decided if it gets better. I think you will agree with most of us that it does.
Headless Snip3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #12
fabiofranco

Franco FCB's Gamercard
Well, I love JRPGs and I’ve been playing them since the PS1 (witch is not a long time, but I’m not new to the genre either). However, this is my first Xbox 360 JRPG and I have to say that I’m REALLY disappointed.

The battle system is okay -- not anything like Grandia III or Paper Mario, but a solid turn-based system.

What’s really bothering me is the story (or the lack of one). I think I’m about 4-5 hours in and I still don’t get the characters or the plot.

Is it really THAT generic or am I just too early in the game to understand anything?

fabiofranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #13
mateoj999

mateoj999's Gamercard
I thought it was a good game.
mateoj999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #14
Slugger VII

Send a message via AIM to Slugger VII Send a message via Skype™ to Slugger VII

Slugger VII's Gamercard
Once you get your shadows and start leveling up and getting some cooler spells and what not the game becomes a bit better. I only played it about 3/4 of the way through. My problem with the whole game is there isnt that many enemy models. Just a lot of the same models with different colors/abilities...kinda lame and unoriginal but overall it was okay. Plus I loved the art style to it

100% Retail - 8

Slugger VII is offline   Reply With Quote