PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-26-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
MrBubbles89

Easy completion of the game on Hard.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted but there is a really easy way to beat the game on hard so that you can get the achievement out of the way.

Like some of the games in the past (Bourne Conspiracy and Unreal Tournament III to name a few), you are not tied to finishing a level/mission/playthrough of a game on a specific difficulty from beginning to end.
You can switch the difficulty at the last checkpoint of a level/mission when you've played through it from the beginning up to that point on easy.

For F.E.A.R. 2, you can do pretty much the same thing.
In order to do so, get to the last checkpoint in each mission with enough grenades to kill yourself with. Once you do that, you get the options of loading the last checkpoint, quitting to the main menu and of course, change the difficulty.

I didn't figure this out till I finished the first 2 missions from beginning to end on hard. So I started doing this with the last checkpoint on mission 3.

I killed myself with the grenades, loaded the last checkpoint with the difficulty set to hard after playing most of it on easy, finished the mission, went to the main menu, went to mission select, looked at mission 3 and it said I completed it on hard. =D
MrBubbles89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
I supposed this will help a few folks out there...but honestly,...this is probably the easiest "Hard" difficulty in any game I have ever played...ever! It is nothing like Legendary in Halo,...or Veteran in CoD. If that was concerning anyone out here...then have no fear.
Deathblow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #3
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Hard mode is not so Hard and I did it without strategy or similar

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 44/44
Completed Retail: 189/191
Completed Retail with DLC: 189/191
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
oFILECOMPLAINTo

Send a message via MSN to oFILECOMPLAINTo

Thundaja's Gamercard
if you cant complete the came originally on hard you must be pretty bad at the game lol, suppose this method is aimed at achievement whores that always take the easy way out!
oFILECOMPLAINTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Ingles

Send a message via MSN to Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I started the game on Hard to get all of the achievements out of the way and I agree with many that this game has the easiest Hard difficulty compared to a lot of other games. Then again, F.E.A.R. hardest difficulty was a pain in the ass... and I mean a pain! Maybe Monolith decided to tweak things down a bit after everyone complained.

Ingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
phobzy85

Send a message via MSN to phobzy85

Phobzy85's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
wow it sounds harder to do your easy to hard trick than actually completing it on hard

phobzy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:10 AM   #7
undeadjubbie

undeadjubbie666's Gamercard
Im not the best @ shooter but hard on this games is SO easy....Thanks for a great tip thou
Old 05-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
I only played the first mission on hard for one cheevo a while back and I think that Medal of Honor may be abit easier man, medal of honor on hard is like Call of Duty on regular.

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote