PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
jason86586

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
DLC Difficulty achievements does not require 4 playthroughs

I dont know if this has been posted yet, excuse me if it has.

The achievement guide for the Jedi Temple missions says for the four difficulty achievements require 4 separate playthroughs. I have found that you do have to play through the entire level to unlock the achievement. You only have to beat the boss on the desired difficulty. I played the normal level on apprentice and kicked everyones ass. Right at the very start of the boss battle i changed the difficulty to the desired one, kill the boss and achievement unlocked. To get the next achievement you have to quit the game before it saves so that when you reload it reloads at the start of the boss fight. Then at that point you change the difficulty to the desired one. It saves a lot of time.
jason86586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason86586 View Post

The achievement guide for the Jedi Temple missions says for the four difficulty achievements require 4 separate playthroughs. I have found that you do have to play through the entire level to unlock the achievement. You only have to beat the boss on the desired difficulty. I played the normal level on apprentice and kicked everyones ass. Right at the very start of the boss battle i changed the difficulty to the desired one, kill the boss and achievement unlocked. To get the next achievement you have to quit the game before it saves so that when you reload it reloads at the start of the boss fight. Then at that point you change the difficulty to the desired one. It saves a lot of time.
Damn! I'm working the the Jedi Temple achievements and I'm on my third playthrough. The level isn't long but I'm surprised this hasn't been discusses earlier. Everywhere I've read people have said it takes 4 playthroughs. I will definitely give this a try after I beat the boss on Sith Lord and then just reload it for Sith Master.

EDIT: It works. Thank you for the tip!

Last edited by gatorbait; 04-16-2009 at 02:13 AM.
gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
jason86586

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbait View Post
Damn! I'm working the the Jedi Temple achievements and I'm on my third playthrough. The level isn't long but I'm surprised this hasn't been discusses earlier. Everywhere I've read people have said it takes 4 playthroughs. I will definitely give this a try after I beat the boss on Sith Lord and then just reload it for Sith Master.

EDIT: It works. Thank you for the tip!
no worries. This should be changed on the achievement guide for this game. Always happy to help
Old 04-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Lord Chabelo

LordChabelo13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I didn't mind playing the DLC four times, it's quite short. It's stil lnice to know.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
Colby

iRush God's Gamercard
You are awesome for finding this out. Now i just gotta buy the dlc lol
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
floydian pink

Floydian Pink's Gamercard
thats a long slog............
floydian pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
tidisius

Sir Tidisius's Gamercard
Still works. Did this yesterday.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:32 AM   #8
Kiilsgaard

Send a message via MSN to Kiilsgaard

Kiilsgaard's Gamercard
stupid question

Quote:

Now this might seem like a stupid question, but do i just run thru every level to all the different bosses and then change the difficulties or just for the Lord Sith?
Kiilsgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #9
jason86586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiilsgaard View Post
Now this might seem like a stupid question, but do i just run thru every level to all the different bosses and then change the difficulties or just for the Lord Sith?
im assuming that you are talking about the regular game.
No i dont not think that you can do that. Not 100% sure but im pretty confident you cant
Old 04-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #10
Cohh

Cohh's Gamercard
Great catch!
Cohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #11
BPR WAR

BPR WAR's Gamercard
Quote:

Thanks for the tip - works like a charm, however I thought I'd point out that you can change the difficulty just before the end of the boss fight as well.
BPR WAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:56 AM   #12
Cohh

Cohh's Gamercard
Hmmm, seems I spoke too soon.

This did not work for me. I tried both Normal and Hard and on both wins the second and third achievement did not unlock .

I played it through on Apprentice, got to boss fight, beat it, unlocked Apprentice Achieve, quit before the save and reloaded. I was right in front of the boss. Hit Start, selected the next difficulty level, beat him... nothing.

Any ideas?

Edit: Ahhh correction! After reading over the DLC Achievement thread, I found my issue; I was not changing the difficulty and saving in the win that I got the achievement on. This also made it so I only had to fight the last stage of the boss fight! So for me, beating the boss on Normal got that achievement, then directly after getting it, I paused the game, switched the difficulty to Sith Lord, Saved, Reloaded, and was on the third stage of the fight on the new setting. Beating it this time gave me the achievement! Finishing up Sith Master then on to round four of that damn blue orb thing -.-

Last edited by Cohh; 04-21-2009 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Correction!
Cohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #13
Lucifer Effect

Last of Academe's Gamercard
I don't understand this...

I just played through the DLC on Apprentice (before I realised there was some sort of glitch to avoid 4 playthroughs) and then replayed it on Apprentice up to the beginning of the boss fight. I then changed it to Sith Warrior and beat the boss... but no achievement.

What am I doing wrong? At what point am I supposed to change the difficulty setting?

100% - 15:4 (Retail:Arcade)

Message/Add to Boost
FIFA 13
One For The Bros, Good Start, Well On Your Way, Still Friends?
Lucifer Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #14
trcrane63

Alpha T Dawg's Gamercard
Quote:

Awesome dude! I need to rent this game again and get the DLC anyways, so this is definitely good to know.

Although, it may make it not worth the money to be so short and easy to get the achieves...kinda like the Prince of Persia Epilogue. That was lamely short.

trcrane63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:34 PM   #15
CYBER GRIMM

TRINITY KRYSTAL's Gamercard
worked like a chram, thanks.

if you came to kill me then you should have brought a bigger gun

CYBER GRIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #16
roulex

Roulex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Just saw this thread, major kudos Time to finally boot up that DLC and get all those achievements done, thank you thank you.

roulex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #17
macd

MacDofGlasgow's Gamercard
Sweet dude, I'm gonna hit this up the now and try it. Then all I'll have left is whole game on Sith Master and 500 lightning shield kills.... neither of which I actually think I'll get.

Edit: Didn't work for me. Restarted in the last bit of the bridge trial and didn't get the achievement. I'll just do it on the proper difficulty. Cheers anyway.

Last edited by macd; 05-28-2010 at 10:59 PM.
macd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:04 AM   #18
mortug

worked nicely... just remember to quit the game as the achievement unlocks, then chose continue game
and change the difficulty as soon as the battle starts. i tried changing it right before i finish off the sith lord, but that didn't work
mortug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #19
Goldenknight

Thanks for the tip!
Goldenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #20
Lieutenant Derp

lieutenant derp's Gamercard
Damn, I just did this 4 times. Wish I saw this post before haha.
Lieutenant Derp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #21
CodSteaks

SG CodSteaks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
For anyone having difficulty beating the boss on the harder difficulties, you can essentially beat him each time on apprentice difficulty. The way I did it is this:
  • Start the fight on apprentice
  • Fight until the second time the floor falls out from beneath you
  • Switch to whatever difficulty you need the achievement for
  • Allow yourself to be killed (it seems this is the essential part. The game essentially saves the difficulty whenever you die)
  • When the fight starts again (you will still be at the spot after the floor drops), change the difficulty back to apprentice. You will now be able to finish the fight on apprentice, but the game will still "think" you're on whatever difficulty you had changed it to and will give you the achievement for it. If you happen to die again, you'll have to go through the process again because the game will now know that you're on apprentice again.
  • When your desired achievement pops, pause, exit, and continue. You may have to change back to apprentice again, then just repeat for each desired difficulty.
Credit goes to SaintedKarma for this technique.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #22
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodSteaks View Post
For anyone having difficulty beating the boss on the harder difficulties, you can essentially beat him each time on apprentice difficulty. The way I did it is this:
  • Allow yourself to be killed (it seems this is the essential part. The game essentially saves the difficulty whenever you die)
  • When the fight starts again (you will still be at the spot after the floor drops), change the difficulty back to apprentice. You will now be able to finish the fight on apprentice, but the game will still "think" you're on whatever difficulty you had changed it to and will give you the achievement for it. If you happen to die again, you'll have to go through the process again because the game will now know that you're on apprentice again.
  • When your desired achievement pops, pause, exit, and continue. You may have to change back to apprentice again, then just repeat for each desired difficulty.
This worked the best, thank you.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #23
Osirian08

Osirian08's Gamercard
Is this glitch still working ok?
Osirian08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
Donkosaur

Donkosaur's Gamercard
Glitch was still working as of 11/19/2012 (with all patches).
Donkosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #25
l BlackBrian7 l

l BlackBrian7 l's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodSteaks View Post
This method works perfectly! Thanks

l BlackBrian7 l is offline   Reply With Quote