PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Velvet Assassin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Mr.Teflondon187

Mr Teflondon187's Gamercard
Does anybody like this game?

I love this game. It is a fun game. Not the best game in the world but I really like it. Everybody I talk to says they hate it. Everybody complains about the checkpoints. It is supposed to be hard. They are just a bunch of little girls. This game is also very realistic. So am I the only one who likes this game?
"Kicks are too merciful for a maegi. Take her outside. We will stake her to the earth, to be the mount of every passing man. And when they are done with her, the dogs will use her as well. Weasels will tear out her entrails and crows feast upon her eyes. The flies off the river shall lay their eggs in her womb and drink pus from the ruins of her breasts"

Last edited by Mr.Teflondon187; 05-05-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Mr.Teflondon187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
Rolyatkcinmai

Send a message via AIM to Rolyatkcinmai

Rolyatkcinmai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I agree about the checkpoints, although I do like the game. The checkpoints are absurdly far apart. There is no difficulty in redoing the same exact step by step thing 25 times because the checkpoints are 3 miles apart. There is just tedium.

100%: 50 PS3 Trophy Level: 6
If you use "cheevo" in place of "achievement" I will completely ignore your post.
100,000 hit May 23rd, 2010.
Rolyatkcinmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
NOTswaggers
Banned User

swaggers's Gamercard
I dislike stealth games that require you to be non-stealthy for such huge portions of the game. I am on mission 6 now and every other kill requires you to go non-stealth to get 100% kills and you need almost 100% kills to get your 300 at the end.
NOTswaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
edwin89

BEaST MoDE EmC's Gamercard
I got this game for free but i like it either way. i'd pay for this. The only thing i didnt like is the whole upgrading you character thing.

edwin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:39 AM   #5
Mr.Teflondon187

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin89 View Post
I got this game for free but i like it either way. i'd pay for this. The only thing i didnt like is the whole upgrading you character thing.

I agree, I hate the damn upgrade system. Can't go wrong with a free game.
"Kicks are too merciful for a maegi. Take her outside. We will stake her to the earth, to be the mount of every passing man. And when they are done with her, the dogs will use her as well. Weasels will tear out her entrails and crows feast upon her eyes. The flies off the river shall lay their eggs in her womb and drink pus from the ruins of her breasts"

Old 05-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #6
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Teflondon187 View Post
I agree, I hate the damn upgrade system. Can't go wrong with a free game.
The upgrades seem a little pointless as they don't seem to make much difference until you max out your stars which is a little weird. Noticed that if you have max stealth with the SS uniform you make no noise with high heals.

Not overly pleased with the checkpoints they take the piss sometimes but the game is really well made though there are a few bugs.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #7
Mr.Teflondon187

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTswaggers View Post
I dislike stealth games that require you to be non-stealthy for such huge portions of the game. I am on mission 6 now and every other kill requires you to go non-stealth to get 100% kills and you need almost 100% kills to get your 300 at the end.

All most all situations can be done in stealth. It just will take alot of time and thinking. Whistle at the soldiers to get them where you want and take them out.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #8
Mr.Teflondon187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolyatkcinmai View Post
I agree about the checkpoints, although I do like the game. The checkpoints are absurdly far apart. There is no difficulty in redoing the same exact step by step thing 25 times because the checkpoints are 3 miles apart. There is just tedium.

There must be some difficulty for you if you keep replaying the checkpoints. Meaning you must die alot or mess up. I think the most I have had to play a checkpoint over again was 7 to 10 times due to me only wanting to use stealth kills.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
urdecpetion

urdeception's Gamercard
i do like this game a lot. but there should be some sort of melee attack, besides the knife. if someone gets to close you should be able to punch them in the throat or something. im not very good at stealth games but im learning. AND i hate how you cant revisit a level to get things u missed.. thats just garbage.
-Castlevania:SOTN
-Cabelas BGH 2010
-Call of Duty WaW
-Shrek The Third
-Velvet Assassin

urdeception
Yes, I am a girl. Don't be a jerk about it.

urdecpetion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #10
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdecpetion View Post
AND i hate how you cant revisit a level to get things u missed.. thats just garbage.
Don't miss anything.

I think the game is alright, nothing special, but definately not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. If you are looking for a great stealth game that gives you a challenge, then find another game... Splinter Cell would probably feel lile a better choice.

But if you want a game that makes you feel like an assassin god, play this... guards are horribly blind and stupid, there is only one instance so far that I couldn't get past without stealth, and thats the end of 4. If I used Morphine I probably could have done it, but I wanted Detox there, cause the first 3 levels almost require you to use it to stay stealth.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #11
AlaskA

xepikfailx's Gamercard
This game is all kinds of badass and I love the WW2 setting, this game is something different then your usual CoD or Sam Fisher game I like it!!!
AlaskA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Im not trying to hate on anybody, i really disliked this game. All it did was upset me. I tried to keep calm during the game but i couldn't take it anymore. I kept trying to kill the god damn butcher of France but his little bitches would kill me on the spot. Finally, i just gave up. I really don't want to do that again.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #13
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNDERSTAND View Post
Im not trying to hate on anybody, i really disliked this game. All it did was upset me. I tried to keep calm during the game but i couldn't take it anymore. I kept trying to kill the god damn butcher of France but his little bitches would kill me on the spot. Finally, i just gave up. I really don't want to do that again.
First time though that part annoyed me big time as well but it's just about taking your time and picking off his lackeys.

I still think the flame throwers guys really take the piss though as once they have locked onto you there isn't any escape really unless your near a door.

I still think the end of level shoot outs are a little harsh though seeing as this is a stealth game but it makes sense as the war didn't always allow people to sneak around i guess.

Horrid war, horrid things happens but it's damn fun killing this guys.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #14
UntouchedGrant

xCryingNebulAx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNDERSTAND View Post
Don't give up so easy
I did it on my 4th try. The Butcher's guards werent the problem for me, I took them all out with the pistol and exploding barrel. It was the Butcher himself who was the challenge. I went in with about 13 pistol rounds, spent 2 on each of the 4 guards and 1 on the explosive barrel to kill the 5th guard in the corner. That left me with 4 rounds for the Butcher. Hit him with each one - no effect whatsoever. I had to actually get behind him and stealth kill him, which was difficult because once he know's you are there, he almost never turns his back. Luckily he did turn round eventually and I had chance to sneak up on him and kill him.
I found lots of shotgun ammo on dead bodies and crates in that final bell tower but I had no shotgun, I exchanged it for the pistol in an earlier level - shame, shotgun would have been welcome!

Last edited by UntouchedGrant; 05-11-2009 at 06:36 PM.
UntouchedGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #15
Oliie

The game isn't easy, that's right but I like it. Especially the animation of Violette's ass.
Oliie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 AM   #16
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The checkpoints are only a bitch to me when i get caught.
I try to do most of the game stealth so i have good health for hard parts, So when i get caught i mostly restart my checkpoint, This pissed me off big time on the Docks level, Because it took me back to the beggining after clearing out 3 diffrent area's. In the end i gave up and just ran arround guns blazing.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
Heners

Send a message via MSN to Heners Send a message via Skype™ to Heners

ACL Heners's Gamercard
its pretty god damm good aeeee
Old 06-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #18
i Eat Kittenzx

Furppe's Gamercard
i actually don't mind it, to be honest i thought it would have been a bit better but from playing the first two missions it doesn't seem all that bad just have to get used to all the sneaking in it lol not used to it but yeah its not a bad game well worth the money in my opinion
i Eat Kittenzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
Corrupt.
"Tits"

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 45 (more» ...)
This is one of my favourite games for the 360. Its only problem is its re-playability. The enemies react the same and are positioned the same no matter what the difficulty which is a shame.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:57 AM   #20
R3DR1NGOFDEATH

for me its a great game and i love it. lots of fun and like every other game ever made it has its flaws but what game doesn't. all in all its one of my favorit games.

Last edited by R3DR1NGOFDEATH; 06-08-2009 at 03:59 AM.
R3DR1NGOFDEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #21
cornishpixie88

Cornish Pixie88's Gamercard
I am quite enjoying it even though I dont normally like these sort of stealth game! The only thing that is negative is the collectibles- Im worried Im going to miss one lol
cornishpixie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #22
Mindless Dogg

Send a message via AIM to Mindless Dogg

Mindless Dogg's Gamercard
So i'm thinking about getting this game I go for all around types of games so I read about the needed checkpoints & all that so if y'all would so kindly tell me if I should buy this or just skip on by. It would be best for who ever is going to reply to this hit me up on LIVE GT - Mindless Dogg
Mindless Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #23
BosmaniaK

Bosmaniak's Gamercard
i'm liking this game alot.
the stealth is done well, many ways to get to the enemy but not too much. in Splinter Cell you can have thousand of gadgets which makes the game too easy some times.
VA requires you to think about situations more.

I would rate this game a 80+ if it wasn't for the crappy checkpoint-system and not being able to revisit a level for missed collectibles. So it's stuck on a 75/100
BosmaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #24
BIG ED 06

BIG ED 06's Gamercard
I realy enjoyed this game but there are afew point that i did not like, E.g the long and boring convisations, or the fact that the enemy do not notice your shadow lmao

Retail games 1000+ - (12)
>>> Operation flashpoint: Dragon rising(1000/1000), Halo 3(1680/1750),Halo 3: ODST(1000/1000), Fallout 3 (1470/1550), Call of duty 4(1000/1000), Call of duty: WaW(1000/1500), Elder scrolls: Oblivion(1220/1250), EA Sports FN round 3(1000/1000), King kong(1000/1000), Hitman: Blood money(1000/1000),Velvet assassin(1000/1000), Call of juarez(1000/1000)

Working on -
>>> Dragon age, LEGO Batman, Pure, Dead space,AVP<<<
BIG ED 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:24 AM   #25
ncczjx611

ZJXY's Gamercard
To be honest I like this game very much although it is worse than Spliter Cell and Metal Gear. The plot is pretty strait-forward and I often get mixed-feeling when i go through the whole story line. But the stealth kill system disatisfy me. Quite a pitty.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:11 AM   #26
Tweekfu

tweekfu's Gamercard
just bought this game. looking forward to playing it, hopefully i will like it

Tweekfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #27
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
anybody that thinks this game is good is a fuckin' retard.
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #28
Boots Orion

Boots Orion's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Tha Pro View Post
anybody that thinks this game is good is a fuckin' retard.
That's a little harsh bro. I can't really form a complete opinion because I haven't played the game much (just picked it up a couple days ago), but from what I saw there are some interesting elements in the game.

Also, there are very few games with a female lead; I can only think of Wet, Mirror's Edge, Perfect Dark, Tomb Raider & Kameo off the top of my head. This coupled with the fact that it is based on a real person makes the game more interesting than most. It is also a WWII game that focuses on something other than the epic action-laden war battles which is a nice change.

If you don't like stealth games, this isn't for you but that hardly means its as bad as you've made it sound.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #29
xxNIGHTWINGxxx

ShadowMachine X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just pick this one up for 5 bucks. Figured what the hell.

http://xboxamerica.com/?r=stw-9365

xxNIGHTWINGxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #30
doctorsparkles

Doctor Sparkles's Gamercard
Just finished this one today. It reminded me of a less-polished Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, which is one of my favorite games of all time.

I could have done without the combat sections (especially since the gunplay is so lousy), but the stealth was relatively well done (not perfect, but pretty good).

My main complaints: This game really would have benefited from a manual save feature to supplement the checkpoint system (Oh, I can't wait to hear these soldiers' five minute conversation again). And no level select option? That's just inexcusable, in my opinion.