Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Too Human
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
BarbaricGoose

Richard Bastion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
AMAZING Trick to Spider Farming!

This guide was written solely for the use of the good folks at Xbox360Achievements.org.
Do not replicate!

Howdy, folks!

Let me start by saying that this is not simply a tutorial on how to spider farm. It is a glitch that affects spider farming. I know, I know, glitching a glitch. Overkill, you say? Well, I'll let you decide, but I now swear by this technique.

Don't know how to Spider Farm? Read on!

Now, without further ado..

What is the glitch!?

This trick makes all drops, soon as they hit floor, come to you as if you were standing right next to them! No more waiting a minute when an epic drops, hell, no more waiting at all! No longer do you have to decide between a chance at an Aesir piece & money, or a quick spider farm.

How do I do it?

First, you need to kill GRNDL-01 from Hall of Heroes.

You can start from Section 1-3 -- GRNDL's Lair. So it won't take long.

When you get to GRNDL-01, kill him and get the items, then quit to Aesir. It's important that you don't let the game automatically take you to Aesir, you must manually press Start, and select "Go To Aesir."

Note:
Don't rush! You've got a good 10 seconds or so after GRNDL explodes before you get teleported back to Aesir automatically. Best wait until GRNDL's corpse is laying flat on the ground before you take yourself back.

With that done, load up 3-4 and..
  1. Proceed to the room with the two Trolls, Spider & the Cyberspace Well.
  2. Kill all the enemies in this room!
  3. As soon as the second troll bites the dust, dash over to spider farm door. Note: If you are going to do the glitch with Two(2) people, make sure only one of them is standing near the door when it opens.
  4. Wait patiently until it opens.
  5. Glitch ACTIVATED!
Note: If the loots don't instantly fly over to ya, you did something wrong. Refer to the Troubleshooting section.

You can now proceed to spider farm as normal. Each time the drops will instantly fly over to you.

What is Spider Farming?

This is simply a primer on how to Spider Farm in the first place. You should still use the method listed above.

Due to the surprising popularity of this glitch, I suppose I might as well go all out & address exactly what Spider Farming is, so everyone can benefit from this trick.

Spider Farming is the act of continually killing a certain Spider in the World Serpent level, Section 4. In level select it appears as 3-4.

To get to the Spider, start up 3-4 -- Offline or Online. Now, on your trek to get to the spider you're going to farm, you'll encounter a total of 3 Spiders, counting the one you're going to be farming. The first will be in a large area, and he'll be surrounded by Artillery goblins. The second Spider is 2 rooms after that Spider. This spider is in a room with 2 trolls & a Cyberspace Well off to the left. And last but not least, the Spider you're going farm is through a door in the room with the 2 trolls, Spider & the Cyberspace Well.

If you move just close enough to the door to open it, the Spider will not fire at you. Move too close, and a bunch of enemies will spawn -- In the room with the spider -- and the Spider will open fire. After you've killed the Spider, head back towards the Cyberspace Well, when the camera view changes, the spider has been reset.

Here's a nice video detailing how to kill/reset the spider.

I did not make the video, or have a hand in making it.

Troubleshooting:

Having trouble hitting the spider? Well, there are a number of ways to fix this. If you use a Cannon, grab Cannon Range Runes, if you use a Rifle, get Rifle Range runes. You can also spam grenades at the target. You could use Fierce attacks, as well, but that's pain in the ass to do, and I wouldn't recommend it. Laser rifles appear to have a longer range(Cannons too) so I'd recommend using one of those.
  • The glitch works in Multiplayer with One(1) or Two(2) players.
  • The glitch works in Single Player Mission Select, as well.
When going on a spider farming binge, you may notice that your gun has "Malfunctioned." By which I mean the sound of gunfire screws up. This is caused by the rapid rate at which you reload when spider farming(I believe). It really has no impact on gameplay, but it can be rather disconcerting. Don't panic! Just grab your towel, and let the game reload for you. Once your gun has begun to "Malfunction," the only way to fix it is to -- I believe -- turn off your Xbox. That's why you should stop it from happening in the first place, by not manually reloading!

So, try to let the game reload for you whenever possible. Once Baldur puts his weapon away, a second later you'll see your ammo bar start to increase. The game has reloaded for you. Naturally, if you're a slug user, you're likely reloading often, so this method of solving the above may not work for you. However, it doesn't happen to everyone, and it may not happen to you. Just figured I'd include my way of solving it.

It's rather hard to screw this glitch up, but hey, we'll go over the list, anyway.
  • You didn't kill GRNDL-01
  • You let the game automatically take you to Aesir
  • You chose to go back to Aesir too early
  • You chose to go back to Aesir too late. Note: This is really hard to do!
  • You were doing it with two(2) players and they were both standing next to the door.
If you were attempting the glitch with two(2) players, only one of them should open the door. The other should stand far away.

If you think you went back too early: Just wait for all the drops to come to you. You have plenty of time.

If you think you went back too late: As I noted earlier, it's quite hard to do this. If you're a melee class, you'll probably get your drops before GRNDL-01's body disappears, so wait for his body to disappear, then go back. Not earlier. Not later. If you're a ranged class, you'll probably get your drops just as he's disappearing, or has disappeared, in this case, go back(To Aesir) just after you've gotten your drops.

Find a way to screw it up that I haven't? send me a PM or post here and I'll gladly give you credit.

Thanks!

Why should I use the trick?

A good question.

Well, it's, hands down, the fastest way to get Aesir Pieces. It's also the second fastest way to get 7,500 drops achievement. Beaten only by spending $750,000 by buying 7,500 color modules, and being bored for an hour whilst getting your thumb hurt.

It's profitable! Not that money is an issue, but still, it's nice to have. Money has a direct impact on how cool you are, you'd do well to remember that.

Let's go over that one more time, because I like lists:
  • Best way to get Aesir pieces
  • Best way to get 7,500 drops achievement
  • Profitable!
Reasons you shouldn't do this:
  • You're planning to spider farm for less time than it takes you to kill GRNDL-01.
  • You have all the Aesir pieces & 7,500 drops achievement
  • You're allergic to money
Which would you rather do; the new way, or the old way?

Credits/Thanks/Mumbo Jumbo:

Thanks for everyone's support, and not trolling. I'm sorry it took me so long to figure this one out. And, of course, Xbox360A for giving us the resource to share our knowledge.

Thanks to everyone who has helped contribute to the guide! I had to remove them from the original guide. Random names here & there seemed quite out of place. So here they are, in alphabetical order:
  • Diabolic Ares
  • FlipSwitch
  • Richie Marley
Written, directed, narrarated & starring BarbaricGoose, or Richard Bastion as you may know him on Live.

Happy hunting!

Best regards,
Richard.

Last edited by BarbaricGoose; 06-27-2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Clarity
BarbaricGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:28 AM   #2
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

EDIT: My question has been answered in an update to the guide.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 05-10-2009 at 06:52 PM.
FlipSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:33 AM   #3
BarbaricGoose

UPDATE!

Added some useful information. Moved some things around..

Best regards,
Richard.

Last edited by BarbaricGoose; 06-26-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:22 AM   #4
SabreOscar

Send a message via AIM to SabreOscar

o0 SABRE 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
going to test this out soon. but just to clarify:

Once I kill the second troll I need to make sure I open the door to the spider farm room. Kill the spider and the loot will come directly to me? Im assuming it will come to me at the same time the loot the second troll comes.

Now I reset the spider, kill him, and the loot will come straight to me again?

^Thanks to Refined Suicide for the Sig^
<<Thanks to xFortyseven for the Avatar

Follow Me At:
@MilitaryGamer on Twitter
http://militarygamer.blogspot.com/
SabreOscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
BarbaricGoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreOscar View Post
Once I kill the second troll I need to make sure I open the door to the spider farm room.
Yes. After killing the second troll, get to the door as fast you can, and wait for it to open. It's pretty hard to not get there in time. I usually end up waiting 5 or so seconds. That doesn't mean walk there, though.

Quote:
Kill the spider and the loot will come directly to me? Im assuming it will come to me at the same time the loot the second troll comes.
Yes. It's like you're standing right next to the spider. Soon as the loot hits the ground, it'll start heading your way. You'll hear the tick, tick, tick, like you would any other time you pick up an item.

Quote:
Now I reset the spider, kill him, and the loot will come straight to me again?
Correct.

Happy hunting!

Last edited by BarbaricGoose; 05-09-2009 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Clarity! I can't get enough clarity!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

I'll be testing this as soon as, and if it doesnt work will also be experimenting with why not. Probably just a semi-colon in the wrong place in the game code ^^

Edit: Cant get this to work for me either. You say it worked for you on multiple occasions and then it stopping? How odd. Try to emember exactly how you did everything the first time and we will give this another shot.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 05-09-2009 at 01:28 PM.
FlipSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
ArtofMayhem

ArtofMayhem's Gamercard
Im just starting the game but what level or how far into the game is this can you do it with a new char ?

ArtofMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

3rd level, about 4/5 of the way through it. Your best off finishing the game first, and then going back and doing this after completion when your tanking it to 50 / farming gear.

At lower levels, the gear you get from farming isnt really anything special and it really isnt worth it, as the hbigher you get the harder the campaign becomes.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
BarbaricGoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtofMayhem View Post
Im just starting the game but what level or how far into the game is this can you do it with a new char ?
Please refer to the section entitled: "What is Spider Farming?"

I believe you have to beat the level(World Serpent) first, before you can spider farm. Spider Farming is, in my opinion, the best way to level up. It can seem slow if you're solo, but it's still faster than other methods. Not to mention it's easy, and you can get some gear and make some nice bounty along the way.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:32 AM   #10
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Oh aye, forgot to mention actually reading the guide. Facepalm.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:00 AM   #11
Dismantled 20

II DEAN of MEAN's Gamercard
4.5 hours of farming and so far 5 red runes, 1 elite weapon, and 0 elite armor pieces, yes mad. lol

D20
Dismantled 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Elite pieces take time. It's not designed to be easy to do, and it's also designed to encourage online interaction by means of trading for the armour sets. Same theory as fable II and the Dollcatcher, although Fable did a better job of the interaction adn a worse job of a reward.

Dont get mad at it, because thats how it was designed. Screw the samsung advert, patience is a virtue.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #13
Omega Supreme

Predaking GT's Gamercard
I finished the game but I can't seem to find the option to select a map. If I choose campaign I start on the first map and can't choose any other maps either...

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #14
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

To select a mission to replay you just gotta use one of the terminals after loading up you single player and then theres another button to press to change form the map of aesir to mission select, cxant remember off the top of my head what it is, possibly Y or a buffer.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #15
Peacock

The Samurai Way's Gamercard
Works Great

Thanks for this, it works great!
Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #16
Gatsu

Shin Gatsurai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Been doing this for ages, over 42 hours playtime on main & haven't found a single piece of red armour.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sig' pic' created by - Gackt
Did you find me?
Gatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #17
aSMiLoN

asmilonGR's Gamercard
I believe itís quite random how the elite sets drop for your character. I did GRND runs from the beginning of the first level to end in order to have the tokens for over 25 times and did not get a single red piece (from elite set or not).

I purchased the weapon for my Cyber Commando from the shop. Doing the spider trick got me 3 out the 6 armor pieces (with a lot of grinding to be honest), 2 I got on the convey belts after the spider (I must have done 30 runs, not very much but it is time consuming to go back and forth to reach the spot again) and 1 on a spider before the one that we farm (I guess I was really lucky then!).

The bottom line is that at least for my character I got all of my armor pieces from 3-4 but Spider farming was the most effective and it is a great way to get all sort of red items and quickly level up if you haven't reached lvl 50 yet...

Last edited by aSMiLoN; 05-10-2010 at 10:21 AM.
aSMiLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #18
Gatsu

Shin Gatsurai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSMiLoN View Post
I believe itís quite random how the elite sets drop for your character. I did GRND runs from the beginning of the first level to end in order to have the tokens for over 25 times and did not get a single red piece (from elite set or not).

I purchased the weapon for my Cyber Commando from the shop. Doing the spider trick got me 3 out the 6 armor pieces (with a lot of grinding to be honest), 2 I got on the convey belts after the spider (I must have done 30 runs, not very much but it is time consuming to go back and forth to reach the spot again) and 1 on a spider before the one that we farm (I guess I was really lucky then!).

The bottom line is that at least for my character I got all of my armor pieces from 3-4 but Spider farming was the most effective and it is a great way to get all sort of red items and quickly level up if you haven't reached lvl 50 yet...
Well can I borrow your armour set for the achievement then, I don't plan to play this game anymore once I hit 1k as quite frankly I'm sick of it, there will be no sequel, the whole polarity part ticks me off, ppl are greedy on random public games, I don't wanna waste my time on this game much longer & trying to find red runes takes forever.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sig' pic' created by - Gackt
Did you find me?
Gatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #19
darthsylly

darthsylly's Gamercard
Thanks for this info, works perfectly!
darthsylly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #20
judogrrl

judogrrl's Gamercard
I love this! Mostly cuz the freakin' spiders are my most hated enemy in this game; they just piss me off somehow. The loot is nice too!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #21
Turkdaballa6

T6 EVO's Gamercard
Lovely post It works 100% in multiplayer, not sure on singleplayer since I am retarded and cant figure out how to jump from 1-3 to 3-4...

It gets a bit dull but isnt farming dull? The profit you get is worth it

One thing ive realized is that if you get too close to the door other mobs spawn so if you can figure out that invisible line, all the spider does is to sit and get owned by you.
Turkdaballa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #22
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Okay. I think the guide needs more clarification. I can't do it.

After GRNDL-01 fell, the game only gave me 2 seconds gap before it automatically loads to Aesir. So I had to rebeat GRNDL-01 for the manual load.

At the door where I should be able to shoot the spider, stupid Thor AI keeps standing too close to me when I go near the door. I can't shake him.

From all the 9 pages I read, it seems everyone is doing this with their characters at level 50 with level 50 weapons. Is that right? Because I can't reach the spider with a level 29 laser rifle.

And does it matter if I saved and quit after I killed GRNDL-01? Does the glitch still works after you quit the game and come back to level 3-4? (Unrelated to gun malfunction)

Last edited by OceanH; 09-26-2010 at 10:19 AM.
OceanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #23
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
This is the best method EVER. I got 4 red runes, I red armour and 2 red weapons and about 2 million cash in about an hour!! Love that sound when you get something red!!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #24
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
@246 choose return to asir, not quit. That should help
Old 10-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #25
KiNgDeeM

Send a message via AIM to KiNgDeeM Send a message via MSN to KiNgDeeM Send a message via Yahoo to KiNgDeeM Send a message via Skype™ to KiNgDeeM

kingdeemnof's Gamercard
It works for me but I can lock on the spider but do not have enough range to damage it nore does my sedcondary do an thing to it =/
KiNgDeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #26
Izuka Sensei

Izuka Sensei's Gamercard
Update! In need of Help!

Im looking for anyone who can help me get the Epic Armor Set for ( Cybernetic Champion ) ! Below is a list of the items that i would like help Trading/duplicating/ or selling to me! Also, anyone can reply on here aswell, i will be checking this site quite often for those who are willing to help!
__________________________________________________ ____________
I WILL PAY FOR THE FOLLOWING:

Shoulders: 5 Million Bounty

Chest: 5 Million Bounty

Gloves: 5 Million Bounty

Leggings: 5 Million Bounty

Boots: 5 Million Bounty

Total: 25 Million Bounty
I WILL TRADE THE FOLLOING:

LVL50 The Burning Blade at World's Edge
Damage 2988 Align Cybernetic
Value 328750 Class None
State 3000/3000

LVL50 Stormblades of the Desecrator
Damage 2633 Align Cybernetic
Value 347500 Class Berserker
State 3000/3000

LVL50 Gouging Claws of Fenrir
Damage 2445 Align Cybernetic
Value 312500 Class Berserker
State 3000/3000

LVL50 The Flesh Architect's Incisor
Damage 2299 Align Cybernetic
Value 347500 Class Bio Engineer
State 3000/3000

LVL50 The Reddening-Wolves
Damage 2069 Align Cybernetic
Value 217750 Class Berserker
State 3000/3000

LVL50 Unerring Dreadmark of Skoll
Damage 299 Align Cybernetic
Value 342500 Class Commando
State 3000/3000

LVL50 Storm-Lance of the World Serpant
Value 317500 Class None
State 3000/3000

LVL50 Sacred Honor Blade
Value 342500 Class Defender
State 3000/3000
TO ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO DUPLICATE:

Will recieve 10 Million Bounty for their Generosity! I MUST RECIEVE EPIC ARMOR FIRST BEFORE PAYING!
Izuka Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #27
Izuka Sensei

Izuka Sensei's Gamercard
oops i just realized i put that in the wrong catagory my bad >.<
Izuka Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #28
Gamer4Life84

EeHh JaMeS's Gamercard
This was awesome and just wanted to say thank you for the great info...it was so simple it made me wanna cry a lil bit
Gamer4Life84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #29
jsnss4lyf

tough SCHMIDT's Gamercard
holy cow this is awesome! sure beats having to wait 30/40 seconds each time for items to float to me. if anyone still plays this i could use some help. im lvl 50 cybernetic commando. only have epic helmet and rifle. have epic runes and epic pistols. still need the other 5 pieces of armor tho

gt: tough SCHMIDT
jsnss4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote