|05-29-2009, 06:14 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Wallace and Gromit: Fright of the Bumblebees Achievement Guide
My first ever achievement guide so feel free to tell me what I am doing wrong.
Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 3/10
Offline: 12 (200)
Online: 0 (0)
Approximate time for 200: 1hr with achievement walkthrough 4-5hrs without
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
Number of missable achievements: 7
Glitched achievements: None
Cheats disable achievements?: No Cheats
Wallace and Gromit: Fright of the Bumblebees is one of the easiest arcade games around and isn't the worst game around either.
The missable achievements are
No Go Gorgonzola
But if you follow this guide you shouldnt have a problem getting them all in 1 playthrough.
It should also be mentioned that there is an achievement walkthough HERE if you get stuck.
Thanks to tastefulmrship for that guide and his help with this one.
Act 1: Breakfast Wrangler 20
Complete Act 1.
Story Related cannot be missed. Will unlock after you finish the first act, which involves you making breakfast for Wallace.
Act 2: Ton o' Honey 20
Complete Act 2.
Story Related cannot be missed. Will unlock after you have finished the second act, which involves you creating the growing formula.
Act 3: Buzz Cutter 20
Complete Act 3.
Story Related and cannot be missed. Will unlock after the third act, which involves you taking care of some giant bees.
Act 4: Queenly Bearing 20
Complete Act 4.
Story Related and cannot be missed. Will unlock after the fourth and final act, which involves you rescuing Wallace from the queen bee.
Get Cracking 15
Hear Wallace say this phrase in four of its instances.
Dont skip the speech or you might not get the achievement (confirmation needed either way please)
1) Act 1: Give Wallace his eggs.
2) Act 2: In the kitchen turn the dial next to the door to bash and then back to tap.
3) Act 3: Talk to Wallace after dealing with the bees in the town centre
(Make sure the town centre is the only place you have cleared out otherwise he wont say "cracking"(thanks to Loopstahblue))
(Also make sure you speak to Wallace AFTER he hangs up the phone (thanks to Steve50013))
4) Act 4: After shooting the Queen Bee in the head right at the end of the act.
Snail Whisperer 15
Give the entire cast a glance at a gastropod.
WARNING!: DO NOT SHOW THE SNAIL TO FELICITY FLITT UNTIL YOU HAVE SHOWN IT TO EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE AFTER YOU SHOW HER YOU LOSE POSSESSION OF THE SNAIL!
This must be done in Act 2
The characters are:
Major Crum (he gives you the snail but make sure you show him the snail afterwards aswell) on the bench in the street outside your house
Paneer (The shop keeper of the shop your Cheese Sniffer 3000 trashed) outside his shop in the town centre next to the cheese needed for "Mmm... Cheese"
Edwina (The person at the newsagent stand) far end of the town next to the police station and the house with the open window and flowers on the rack outside
Dibbins (The policeman) outside the police station.
Felicity Flitt (your next door neighbour with lots of pansies) in her garden. You can talk to her from your garden when you go over to the fence.
Crack Shot 15
Get through the "shooting gallery" without missing a target.
Before entering the shooting gallery make sure you have the pond side up in the garden (changed by activating the gnome with the stop/go sign) and put the tennis racquet (located in Wallace's bedroom) in the hands of the other gnome
The shooting gallery is located in Act 3 in your dining room (the room you started in at the very beginning of the game) and is accessed by talking to Major Crum who is sitting on top of the porridge shooter.
I would recommend saving before you speak to him so you can re-load if you miss.
If you are having trouble leave after every shot and save. This is more time consuming but makes it a LOT easier.
To start with you need to shoot the bee to your left so he lands in the pond if you aim for the green roof part above the ground floor window behind the pond and shoot when he flies past. Once he is in the pond shoot the gnome to flip him into the racquet. 1 down 2 to go. next shoot the dustbin and then the roof on top of the tree to knock over the fence and make Nutter the squirrel come out of the tree. (N.B if you leave the gallery to save after shooting the tree roof you will need to shoot it again when you come back because Nutter will have gone back into his tree.) Now here's the tricky bit aim for the green roof part over the ground floor window behind the bin and you need to shoot the bee furthest away as he is turning around to come back on his route, this part took me a few tries. Once he is in the bin shoot Nutter and he will jump down flipping the lid back on the bin. Now shoot the shed door to the far right of you to release the wrong trousers. Once it has stopped aim for the upstairs window to the left behind the wrong trousers and shoot the bee as he is turning around to come back. When you have him in the trousers shoot the circular plate on the back of the trousers to put the bee away.
IT SEEMS THE LEAVE SAVE AND REENTER DOESN'T WORK FOR EVERYBODY, FEEL FREE TO TRY IT AS THAT IS WHAT I DID AND I AM 100% I DID IT THAT WAY, BUT IT IS NO LONGER A 100% POSITIVE METHOD, THANKS TO VARIOUS PEOPLE FOR POINTING THIS OUT
Last edited by Cla55y; 06-26-2009 at 09:28 PM.
|05-29-2009, 06:15 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Bee Pleaser 15
Offer the bees inside of the Pollenator every type of flower.
This must be done in act 2 and there is 4 flowers to put in the Pollenator
1) On the table next to where you start
2) Examine the metal rack outside the window next to the newsagent and then examine the yellow flowers that fall to gain possession
3) Talk to Edwina after this (the woman in the newsagents) and she will ask you 4 questions you must answer
4) GentlemanYou answer by looking at products in her stand Mild is overhanging in the middle and Gentleman is to the right and again overhanging
4) The giant daisies you pick up at the end of the act.
Get stung by three different bees.
1) In the dining room examine the plates on the wall next to the bookcase. (I can confirm being able to do it in Act 1 and Act 3 but if anyone can confirm Act 2 it would be greatly apperciated)
2) Pick up the hive lid in Act 2 you must do this one anyway to progress in the story. The hive lid is located in the basement on top of the hive
3) At the beginning of Act 3 go into the kitchen. I don't think i was stung but the achievement still popped. I think this is because Wallace gets stung while he is in the hallway
No Go Gorgonzola 15
Make it through Act 3 without touching the Gorgonzola.
At the end of Act 3 you must go up to the top of the giant hive in the Cheese Sniffer 3000. Once at the top switch the record over to the lullaby one (which you should have picked up from Wallace's bedroom.) If for some reason you send the mouse off without you in it you have to get the gorgonzola to bring it back thus wrecking your chances for achievement. Just make sure you don't take the gorgonzola from the policeman (you don't need to speak with him at all this act). once the records are switched over the achievement will pop even though it isn't the end of the act.
Thanks to LiquidHotMagma9 for this more detailed description:
1. After the last cutsence with Wallace heading back into the kitchen cause he got stung by a bee. Head through the kitchen door into the hallway and search in Wallace's clothes to find the control for the Sniffer 3000 and a map. Pick both of them up and head upstairs into Wallace's bedroom.
2. Once in Wallace's bedroom you see a bee taking a nap in Wallace's bed. How rude. So head back down stairs and head into the dinning room (where you started at the beginning of the act) and hit the switch next to the door to drop the bee down and into the trash can. Now you can head back upstairs and grab the record of the lullaby in the bedroom next to the window.
3. Now open up the inventory menu and use the map and travel to the town Centre. Once there and after the small cutsence, grab the free sample of Wensleydale thats on the floor and head back to the house.
4. Once at the house go into the basement and use the control on the Sniffer 3000 and select Wensleydale. That triggers a cutsence of the bees attacking the Sniffer 3000 as it come towards you. Once the cutsence is over head back upstairs, through the kitchen door, and through the back door that is next to the refrigerator to go out back.
5. Once you are outside in the back. You send should only select two things the wooden door and the basement door. Use the Wensleydale cheese on the basement door to drop the cheese on top of the bee hive. Now head back into the basement and hope into the Sniffer 3000 by selecting the Sniffer 3000. Now select Wensleydale to get on top of the hive.
6. Once on top of the hive use the lullaby record on the party record. To activate a cutsence of you switching the two records and triggers the No Go Gorgonzola Achievement for 15 G.
Mmm... Cheese 15
Eat this episode's "mystery cheese".
This achievement cannot be missed. In the Act 2 you must go to town once there go to the left and see Mr. Paneer outside his shop next to free samples of cheese. Just eat a piece for the achievement
Memory Lane 15
Find an object from Wallace and Gromit’s first movie.
If you didn't know, Wallace and Gromit's first movie was " A Grand Day Out" in which they fly to the moon in a home made spaceship to find cheese. the hatch for this spaceship (pictured in the achievement picture) is located behind the control console in the corner of the basement, to the left of the bees. Examine it for this Achievement.
Last edited by Cla55y; 06-27-2009 at 08:04 PM.
|05-29-2009, 07:34 PM||#3|
Join Date: May 2009
I'm pretty certain for the Act 3 cracking you need to make sure you have only cleared the town bees to hear the phrase.
I went through Act 3 a number of times and he appears to only use the cracking phrase if the town is the only place cleared of bees he uses different phrases if you have done either or both the garden and cellar as well.
|05-30-2009, 01:02 AM||#4|
Bee Pleaser is done in chapter 2 not 3.
Also mention that to get Wallace to say Cracken in Act 3 you need to speak to him once he hangs up the phone.
Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Last edited by Steve50013; 05-30-2009 at 01:47 AM.
|05-30-2009, 01:47 AM||#5|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Last edited by Cla55y; 05-30-2009 at 02:15 AM.
|07-28-2009, 01:19 AM||#11|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
I clearly missed the last bee (to land in the Wrong Trousers) but went ahead to continue. I got the bee on my second shot and somehow the achievement (Crack Shot) unlocked.
|01-08-2011, 12:33 PM||#13|
Join Date: Dec 2007
I don't know what is the problem, but I have tired to get the Yee-oww! for at least three times in a row but it just doesn't unlock after the cutscene where Wallace is in his undies
I paw the bee on the plate, I try to get the lid when the bees are at the hive and the third should be automatic, right? What I am doing wrong? Or is the cheevo just glitched?
Nevermind that, I really should be paying more attention.... I was missing Get Craking, not Yee-oww!...
Last edited by DorianG; 01-12-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: I am a fool
|01-13-2011, 10:27 AM||#14|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Shooting Range Tips
As mentioned over, the easiest way to get this bee shooting achiv. is to save between each bee.
To exit the range between them you just hold B for one or two seconds.
Start with the hardest one, save an bookmark and go on.
If you fail, simply reload the bookmark.
Thanks for an great guide!
|07-13-2012, 01:10 PM||#16|
Join Date: Mar 2011
if you download one episode do all the achievments get listed on there, forcing you to download all episodes?
Heading Towards 100,000
|07-22-2013, 03:44 AM||#17|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: United States
|07-22-2013, 03:53 AM||#18|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: United States
Restructure this achievement guide!
OP... do everyone a favor, and restructure your "achievement guide" in order of what you need to do to unlock ALL the achievements as you play.
Listing the achievements that are automatically unlocked first in your guide is stupid... because you can't miss them (those should be listed LAST, and in order)! Start with the achievement that needs to be worked on the earliest (even if it doesn't unlock until you finish the game), so you don't miss doing something as you play the game. Otherwise... it will require a "second" play-through to get the achievements that are missed!!! It's also good to first list any achievements that are easy to unlock, that don't affect getting the rest, since people like it when they can unlock an achievement fairly quick!
Also... change the red text to some other color, like blue or green. Use red to bring attention to something you want the reader NOT to miss... not the way you're currently using it!
I'll even delete this post after you do it, so it won't clutter-up the thread (assuming you do it - and I am made aware of it). Don't forget to do this for ALL guides you make!
Last edited by Restricted-Access; 07-22-2013 at 04:32 AM.
|07-22-2013, 07:54 AM||#19|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Man Cave, CA
Also... If you hate the guide so much, pull the dicks out of your mouth so you can focus and make a better one! You've never even sacked up and tried to make a guide on here and yet you come in and start talking major shit to someone who actually made a really good guide.
So f-ing sorry that your lazy dick filled ass has to scroll down through the entire guide to see if there is something you need to work on early.
Stop crying and bitching, STFU and GTFO...
Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!