PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
StephenG70

Send a message via MSN to StephenG70 Send a message via Skype™ to StephenG70

StevieG 117's Gamercard
Good Game?

I was thinking about getting this game as when I picked it up and looked at the backof the bo, it reminded me of Counterstrike for the Xbox Original.

I was just wondering does it actually play out to be anything like Counterstrike? Either gameplay or movement wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets View Post
I bought a new Xbox, because it was red. RED.
1st to 1250G Borderlands In Northern Ireland!
StephenG70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
DivinityCycle

Send a message via AIM to DivinityCycle Send a message via MSN to DivinityCycle Send a message via Yahoo to DivinityCycle

DivinityCycle's Gamercard
Its a very, very mediocre game. You know you're in trouble when the big selling point is "you can shoot guys arms off!" After like half an hour of that the novelty wears off and you start to see how craptastical a lot of things in this game are. Its a rental only.
DivinityCycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:35 AM   #3
DivinityCycle

Send a message via AIM to DivinityCycle Send a message via MSN to DivinityCycle Send a message via Yahoo to DivinityCycle

DivinityCycle's Gamercard
I just completed this game on Hard, and now I revise my opinion to "Fuck this game".
DivinityCycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
KingMongoloid

KingMongoloid's Gamercard
It's pretty by the numbers and in comparison to Soldier of Fortune II for PC/Mac/Xbox it's a piece of shit. But hey if you can find it for cheap pick it up.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
Pedle Zelnip

Wow, you guys seem extra harsh. There are some parts that are simply not fun (f'n helicopter on hardest difficulty in the Eshkashem level), but for the most part I thought it was a decent game. Not great or anything, but it's a decent shooter.

If you go into it expecting the next CoD4 you'll be disappointed, but if you're looking for a mindless shooter you could do a lot worse than this one.
Pedle Zelnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
ViNyLek

Send a message via AIM to ViNyLek Send a message via MSN to ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Well comparing this to SoF2 this game is shit. I won't even mention the very first SoF which is a legend by now and I think it surpasses both of them even though graphics might be outdated story and missions design is just, or rather was at tahat time, something new. So yeah, good thing it's only $10 now just like arcade game and that's exactly what it's worth. For an arcade price this game is decent^^
ViNyLek is offline   Reply With Quote