PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Simulator discs guide

I've been thinking of getting one together since there isn't a sticky 4 1 yet.
I have not finished doing all of them yet, but I'd be happy 2 post my methods of obtaining gold as and when I do them, and if any1 has any of their own methods for the various missions feel free to add them.

Maybe once we get a decent method for each and every one of the missions posted, we can get it organised and made into a sticky?

I'll start:

Thing: I maxed out Uppercut, and when I got to the unlimited spawn of AIM troopers, I destroyed 3 of the six consoles and farmed the spawns until 10minutes remained. Then during the fight with Rhino (he has an annoying uppercut juggling ability) I would block his two successive uppercuts (these can be spotted when he lowers his head and thrusts it upwards). Straight after the second uppercut I fully charged my uppercut and released. Block the two uppercuts and then uppercut yourself, rinse and repeat and he should go down in no-time.

With gear and outfit, I used thing's gauntlets and didn't upgrade any of his outfits and still managed to obtain gold easily.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Credit goes to KarmaDog214 for this one:

Spider Man:

Spidey Sense--Have 1 skill point for Spidey Sense (this will save energy and more skill points)

Web Warrior--You want to max this out as much as possible for effective damage against Scorpion.

When the fight begins, make sure that you first use Spidey Sense and have enough energy for every time you need to use this (as in right after its effects wear off). Then, start spamming Scorpion with Web Warrior. If you run low on energy, quickly start using melee attacks. For every time he loses 1/5 (or 1/4...Don't remember) of health, a scene will trigger and two buttons will show up on the screen. Make sure you press the two buttons to save Dugan from being crushed. And right after the scene, make sure you activate Spidey Sense, use Web Warrior and repeat, otherwise Dugan is screwed.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Just did Captain America and Wolverine.

Captain America:

Kill everyone you can find, and make sure you disarm all of the bombs as they give u a nice sum of bonus points. When fighting winter soldier, I had shield bash maxed out and just repeatedly spammed that move charged up on him. Once the clock hits 30 seconds, run round to all the consoles and keep hitting them until you have another minute on the clock, and return to killing winter soldier. Rinse and repeat and you should beat this with a gold easily.

Wolverine:

I maxed out Claw slash because when wolverine is enraged (this is like momentum it's the staggered bar within the circle next to wolverine's health. He is enraged when this is flashing), claw slash is deadly to the boss if you can trap him in a corner. Farm the unlimited spawn chamber (taking out as many consoles as you like to make the crowd manageable) until there is around 10minutes left on the clock.

NB!!! Watch out when using Wolverine's extreme attack in the unlimited spawn chamber as you may accidentally destroy all the consoles which would stop the spawning.

For the boss, if you hear a clinking noise when you aren't attacking him, there are AIM troopers attacking the things you're supposed to be defending. Wipe out all of them before continuing to attack the boss as if you lose all 8 of the things (sorry can't remember what they are called), you fail the mission. Once there are no Aim troopers spam the boss with the stun combo and the occasional claw slash, (don't overuse claw slash as it is in your best interest to conserve your energy). One you become enraged, try and get the boss near a wall or corner and spam that claw slash as this does huge amounts of damage. It's hard to control the attack, so that's why it's best to do it up against a corner.
You will inevitably lose a couple those "things" (I lost 6!) but it shouldn't jeapordise your gold as long as you get enough kills in the unlimited spawn area.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Unbrokensoul
1.21 gigawatts!

unbrokensoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
what About storm? the thing i cant beat is the boss..

heres a guide to go through the reg guys and rack up points..go through it and stop at the room with bumper cars and stay in the area right before you enter it and they never stop coming.

the thing i cant beat is the boss pls help. none of powers help to my knowledge..

here i will give another guide. Any character that has murderworld use method mention above. Any Character that has captain America map go to the three rooms then also kill all the guys in the room with the 2nd bomb then go back to the third room and new people will show up kill them then repeat till you get the necessary points. I have not figure out the area for characters the have the Skrull map. Hoping you guys can help here too.

Unbrokensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
KarmaDog214

For Storm, in order to get gold, you farm your points in the room with the bumper car (as with any character for Murderworld), which is the room before the boss fight. Get on the bumper car by pressing x and hit the clowns by using your left joystick to bump into them so that they take damage. In order to make your way to this room without taking too much damage, upgrade your Whirlwind by 1 point and keep the baddies raised in mid-air. Now to beat the boss, max your Lightning Bolt as much as possible (Optional: equip Asgard Armor/Thor's Hammer on Storm), stand right in the corner next to Wolverine's tank behind the little birdie thing (You can also do this next to Iceman's tank), and spam Huassar with Lightning Bolt from this corner. This is an exploit where Huassar can't touch you with her whip or any physical attacks. As for the moment where you have to save both Wolverine and Iceman, just hit the two buttons shown on the screen and head back to the corner. Keep doing this until Huassar is KO'd. Hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited by KarmaDog214; 07-27-2009 at 07:48 PM.
KarmaDog214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
DunkelheitVZ

DunkelheitVZ's Gamercard
Ok, one from me for all the help I got here: ICEMAN

This was one of the hardest for me:

Get Polar Explosion + frigid aura for him. Frigid aura makes Iceman immune to the jump of the little creatures. Just head for Mephisto's pets and let others do suicide on frigid aura.

If you see the zombie type enemy, just throw them from a ledge, they take too much time to kill.

When you see the first fire giant, hit "x" and do the quicktime event to get his sword. Kill some enemies.

Ok, now the important part: When you come to the area of the 2nd giant, just take your time to kill the enemies from afar, don't aggro the giant. When they are killed, get the sword, kill the giant and get in. Now you have a sword that is still good to kill 25% of the hp of the enemy.

Tactics on boss:
The boss can really only do some dmg with melee, his casting abilities are weak. So run around and when you are far away from him (his teleport thingy is a good time to get some space between you and him), start casting. Now wait till he is very close and shoot him with a fully charged polar explosion. You have to wait or you are going to miss him. When he stops to cast, try to get a shot in. But always use fully charged PE's or you run low on energy and you don't want to melee him.

If you have still questions, feel free to ask.

I have done gold on all missions on normal and between levels 35 and 45 btw.
DunkelheitVZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
banej

Lord BaneJ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeWolf View Post
Credit goes to KarmaDog214 for this one:

Spider Man:

Spidey Sense--Have 1 skill point for Spidey Sense (this will save energy and more skill points)

Web Warrior--You want to max this out as much as possible for effective damage against Scorpion.

When the fight begins, make sure that you first use Spidey Sense and have enough energy for every time you need to use this (as in right after its effects wear off). Then, start spamming Scorpion with Web Warrior. If you run low on energy, quickly start using melee attacks. For every time he loses 1/5 (or 1/4...Don't remember) of health, a scene will trigger and two buttons will show up on the screen. Make sure you press the two buttons to save Dugan from being crushed. And right after the scene, make sure you activate Spidey Sense, use Web Warrior and repeat, otherwise Dugan is screwed.
Thanks for the tips. Scorpion's giving me a hard time.
banej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #8
WheelzthatKeelz

wh00kie's Gamercard
How about moving all the tips for each character into the first post, or make a new thread with them all in it because scrolling through here is a bit confusing. It would just be more efficient and logical to have them all in the first post/posts rather than spread out and mixed with all the posts saying "How do I do this? I'm stuck" etc.
Would have more chance of being stickied as well this way.
WheelzthatKeelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #9
slacker322

slacker322's Gamercard
Thanks everyone who posted here, those are some fantastic ideas, and I can proudly say I just unlocked both the Silver Surfer and the Golden Age of Comics. Thanks!

I also have a few tips for anyone who might be struggling to go quickly enough on Murderworld:

Mr Fantastic: He is the easiest character on this stage. His boost, Fantastic Fists, is one of the best in the game. Max it out if possible, then pair it with Rubberband Recoil. This charge attack will kill in one hit if executed properly, allowing you to get to the bumper cars with around 9000 points, in just a few minutes. Farm for a little but. For the boss, use the boost with a move called Elastic Crush (again, maxed if possible). I took him out in about a minute.

Black Panther: The tips here will get you through, I personally just melee'd the boss. I also recommend killing everything in your path before the re-spawn point.

Storm: Seems like she would be the hardest, but really you need Lightning Strike and to keep your distance. She is devastating when paired with the Asgard Armor. And here was an interesting tip I discovered, instead of getting on the bumper cars, hang out just to the side of the entrance. There is a corner there, and the two enemies will simply run at you and you can hit them both with the Lightning Strike. Killing them both this way is far faster than the bumper cars.

Deadpool: The advice for him will also get you through, but again, I recommend trying to kill as many people on your way as you can.

One last note on the bumper cars: it is actually to your benefit to not destroy the car at the top, until you are satisfied with you score. The reason being that as long as that remains, three enemies will re-spawn instead of just two. Also, take out the Murder Bot(s) quickly, as it will blow up before too long, getting you 0 points.
slacker322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:57 AM   #10
serts68

serts68's Gamercard
i found that using deadbird feather armor on strom most useful against bosses and dragon polymer four spiderman and any low mana heros darkelf armor works good 4 dr strange stun any enemy four 3seconds.
serts68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Since I have noticed a lot of questions on the front page about how to beat *hero*'s sim disc, I thought I would bump this to help them out.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:29 AM   #12
spawnvader

Chicago Horde's Gamercard
Thanks for this thread - just starting the sim discs now, and they're really annoying me.
spawnvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #13
AlphaZero369

Alphazero369's Gamercard
Nice Guide
AlphaZero369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #14
BillyTallent

billy talentt's Gamercard
Are these Simulator disks supposed to be done on EASY? Or is there some trick to them? I can beat the VS. Sims without a second thought, but ffs Captain America's has me stumped. I can't really be THAT bad at games, can I?

I've beaten the game once on Normal a few years ago, and revisiting it, I just now beat it on Hard, but I cannot beat these Sims.

There has to be something I'm not doing, anyone out there able to hand me the clue that I can't seem to find for myself?

My character levels are something like 63 or so, last time I checked.

Any help or reply will be severely appreciated as I know this game is very old.
BillyTallent is offline   Reply With Quote