PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
How many of you can actually finish Shock and Awe (Extreme)?

Like many of you, I was stuck on the Shock and Awe (Extreme) challenge map for ages. My problem wasn't getting the score, it was finishing within the given time. So many times I got to round 4 with ~30,000 points, only to fail because I couldn't finish it before the floor lit up. The only time I ever completed the map, I got all three medals.

So I am curious, how many of you can actually finish the dang thing, with or without a qualifying score?
Old 09-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
Styles T

I just finished it. The amount of freakin times i got over 30000 only to fuck up on 4th round i lost count.
Styles T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
smokestacker

Colonic Biscuit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles T View Post
I just finished it. The amount of freakin times i got over 30000 only to fuck up on 4th round i lost count.
Same as you except I still haven't passed it. I can't allow myself to give up though, I've made it this far dammit!

smokestacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I did it i was so bad at the challenges then one night i just got the hang of it all of a sudden and did all the combat challenges in one night.

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
DirtySeb

DirtySeb's Gamercard
I did Shock & Awe Extreme with 3 medals in seven attempts just now but for whatever reason I'm finding Shock & Awe more difficult! I just can't reach the 30,000 mark, I think it's because I takeout the enemies too quickly rather than stringing a nice varied combo.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
Blazman83

Blazman83's Gamercard
i'd like to poke the makers of the game really hard in the forehead!! Ive done all other challenges without too much of a problem but shock & awe extreme is a pain in the bastard! These challenges are furiously frustrating enough without having to do it to a fucking clock!! .... as you can tell this is pissing me off a lot!!! haha
Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
Blazman83

Blazman83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazman83 View Post
i'd like to poke the makers of the game really hard in the forehead!! Ive done all other challenges without too much of a problem but shock & awe extreme is a pain in the bastard! These challenges are furiously frustrating enough without having to do it to a fucking clock!! .... as you can tell this is pissing me off a lot!!! haha
I spent a few hours on shock & awe extreme last night ... oh my god!! Not since the days of early Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) & the SNES have i found something so infuriating!! I wanted to throw my pad at the screen! On my last try before bed i did it!!! Im so happy it was so close though!! the screen was pretty much black when batman was doin his slow mo ... dont even think i saw his fist connect lol. That is the ONLY time i have beaten the clock! Anyway im now part of the perfect night club!! Ive 1000K on Batman!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #8
!xobile

bloodred123's Gamercard
took me two tries for this, first time i didnt even know that there a time limit, second time i did with ease, but still dont get how people get ridiculous high scored on these challenges

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/55827086 - Andy Carroll
!xobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #9
xHHx CURT

i can understand people finding shock and awe hard as there is a time limit... i still cant do it... but rumble in the jungle? im not great at the challenges but i did this easier than some of the normal challenges... The combo goes sky high on the back on a henchmen... just keep the combo going hitting every one in the way and hit the opposite henchmen and jump straight on his back after...
xHHx CURT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #10
knotfan123

ya big goof's Gamercard
i found it really easy to be honest...thin brag....it took me less than 6 tries to be honest...rumble in the jumble (extreme) kicked my ass though
Old 09-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
thenixhex311

Send a message via AIM to thenixhex311 Send a message via Yahoo to thenixhex311

thenixhex311's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
SONOFABITCH!!!

I had a killer run in the first round (11k) only to blow it in the 2nd (3500).
Finished up the last two with ~7490 each.

29480. OUCH.

yet i cant get even over 22k on regular shock and awe!

EDIT:

am i the only person that gets highly peeved how people cant spell worth a shit on message boards?
It's NOT hard people, add your friggin' gamertag to your profile so someone looking to boost with you can EASILY send you a message just by one click. Not by having to C/P your gamertag. I can't be the only one peeved by this stuff!!

boosting:
Mortal Kombat, Brain Challenge, Big Bumpin, Texas Hold 'em, GH:Van Halen, GH: Smash Hits, NHL 12, DJ Hero 1 & 2, Bulletstorm, Gears 3, and more!

Last edited by thenixhex311; 09-29-2009 at 07:25 PM.
thenixhex311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenixhex311 View Post
SONOFABITCH!!!

I had a killer run in the first round (11k) only to blow it in the 2nd (3500).
Finished up the last two with ~7490 each.

29480. OUCH.

yet i cant get even over 22k on regular shock and awe!

EDIT:

am i the only person that gets highly peeved how people cant spell worth a shit on message boards?
If your serious about your edit you might want to spell check and sort out the grammar in your own post. I personally don't care how i type on message boards as long as the meaning gets across. just thought i would point that out
AVP

Arcade Games Boosting
splosion man
metal slug 3 & dx
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:14 AM   #13
samjustsam

sam just sam's Gamercard
the only one i havent got a medal for or finished, its tough and im not a huge fan of the combat in this game-it takes a bit to get used to it.
samjustsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:39 AM   #14
Sweating Bullets

Yahoo!!! Just managed to get it. I was able to get 30K but just could never finish in time.

Also I just stayed in the starting area and Batclawed the goons at the start (assuming the electric poker guy is far away) and then Batarang'd the other goons - so with a few of them down it was easier to focus on bashing the regular goons and save a special move for the knife bastards and the electric poker guys.
I will not be coming back to this challenge anytime soon.
Sweating Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:43 AM   #15
My Gamertag is Papa Skull
Banned User

Papa Skull's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweating Bullets View Post
Yahoo!!! Just managed to get it. I was able to get 30K but just could never finish in time.

Also I just stayed in the starting area and Batclawed the goons at the start (assuming the electric poker guy is far away) and then Batarang'd the other goons - so with a few of them down it was easier to focus on bashing the regular goons and save a special move for the knife bastards and the electric poker guys.
I will not be coming back to this challenge anytime soon.
Congratulations. Whenever I tried batclawing those guys, the stun baton thug always gets to tase me whenever I pull him in. So I never resorted to that.
My Gamertag is Papa Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #16
ejbadger

CyanFlavoredGum's Gamercard
I finished it, but only got two out of three medals.

Retail: Halo 3(1575), Lego Star Wars: TCS, Bully: SE, CSI: HE, Lego: Indiana Jones, The Simpsons Game, Oblivion (1250), Lego Batman, Fable II (1100), Mirrors Edge(1010), WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, Fallout 3 (1290)

Arcade: Buku Sudoku, Cloning Clyde, Word Puzzle, Dash of Destruction, Feeding Frenzy 2
ejbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #17
oRedBull

TBS Nuka Cola's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I rented for a week (from release date) granted it was hard, but it's not as hard as people make out, I was able to do it.

Thanks to Nozza x360a
oRedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #18
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
I have finished the level a couple times, but keep falling short of the 30k. It's kind of my fault, for not being overly consistent. I have trouble with the last stage, just killing everyone quickly enough. Too many stun batons even with takedowns and not enough critical strikes. I'll keep practicing, because there is notable improvement, but I've been plugging away for nearly a week now... Yikes.

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #19
VampireOnline

I just did it and 100% the game!
VampireOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #20
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
I fucking knew if I posted here about how gimped I was at this level, I'd turn around and whip the silly shit out of it. The trick for me was on the 4th Stage to pick out the weaker guys and start building a combo off them. Once you have a combo going, then you can start taking down the tougher guys. Ignore the stun baton guys, as they can go down during your liberal use of the batarang.

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #21
Magico

Well after alot of tries, frustrations and patience I finally beat this challenge with the 3 medals, I had almost the same problems that everybody here had, I had 30+ points and I ended up losing to the timer in the last round.

It feels good to finally beat this challenge, now I am only missing Ritje so get my 1000/1000.
Magico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #22
ktmare

ktmare's Gamercard
Lord in heaven almighty I literally just finished this god forsaken challenge! Literally hours a day would go into this thing.

I would recommend something no one has really said here, I think.

Get all your points in the first 3 rounds, I was under the category of plenty of points but not enough time. During the fourth round just spam the hell out of the batclaw for the first 10 seconds, try to ground pound some guys in there. And if you happen to be near the edge keep doing it and hopefully guys will get thrown over. After a year of this level I was able to finish it twice with this method.
ktmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #23
shredsector

shredsector's Gamercard
i got lucky but i agree to not chase the guys going for the gun because it's a huge timekill. also instant takedown is your friend.
shredsector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #24
xEMPTYGRAVEx

xemptygravex's Gamercard
I just tried to survive in this challenge and not cared much for score. After about 20 attempts i survived for the first time and got score over 31000.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #25
A7xGunslinger

A7xGunslinger's Gamercard
I was able to beat it without any trouble
A7xGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #26
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
for anyone with troubles beating it there is an excellent video that may help you out:
Old 04-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #27
L4D II JoK3r

L4D II JoK3r's Gamercard
Having completed the game twice (once on the 360 and once on GFWL) I'm now on my third run through and I'm not sure what problem people really have with this, best way to rack up points is in the early rounds so you can just beat the timer in the final round. As always variety helps so start the fight off with a batarang and then the bat claw then work gadgets in as you see fit. For the first two rounds try to avoid using takedowns unless you are about to get hit as when you are going through the takedown animation you can't get hit, just try and build up a combo and get points through hitting enemies and hopping around the arena. It's not that hard once you get the idea, the toughest bit is the final round and trying to beat it within the time limit, for this just go takedown crazy and don't worry if you lose your combo because you're escaping away from the shock floor.

L4D II JoK3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #28
Miss Allen86

Miss Allen86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4D II JoK3r View Post
I'm now on my third run through and I'm not sure what problem people really have with this, best way to rack up points is in the early rounds so you can just beat the timer in the final round.
I couldn't agree with you more!

It seemed the only way I was able to finish the Combat challenges was to finish the first two rounds perfectly.

In the first two rounds or even the third if you can, go for these goals.

Variation bonus 5000 - Use all of Batmans combos in one flow

Flawless Freeflow bonus 1000 - Beat a round in one flowing combo

Dark Knight bonus 500 - Beat a round without taking damage

Perfect Knight bonus 5000 - Beat an entire challenge without taking damage

On top of that, go for large combos as that is a super easy way to rack up the points.

Join my group - Survival Horror Lovers

Miss Allen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:13 AM   #29
Xynjo

Xynjo's Gamercard
This one is so frustrating. The score is not the problem as stated above, but time runs out on the 4th round every time when I've got the score needed. And I tried it a lot of times... I won't give up, only one bat in this challenge left to get 1000/1000 for the whole game... But it's not fun anymore, lol.
Xynjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #30
Xynjo

Xynjo's Gamercard
I finally finished this combat challenge with 3 bats after 4 hours trying (again...). I just jumped around after getting through it, probably waking up my neighbours with my cheering, lol. 1000/1000 for Arkham Asylum now, hooray!

I'll never ever touch this combat challenge again...
Xynjo is offline   Reply With Quote