PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Shellshock 2: Blood Trails
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
irift3

irift3's Gamercard
Easy way to beat gas mask guy!

I take absolutely no credit for this. I was thumbing around on youtube and I was watching the walkthrough for this game. I noticed a comment that read "It is better to knife him, he goes down faster and easier." I decided to try it (on hard mode), and it WORKED!!! All you have to do is when you start the battle with the gas mask guy, is take out your knife (I used the machete), and run up to him. Then just keep hitting right trigger like crazy!!! You might die the first time, but once you know where to look when you are swinging away, it takes maybe about a minute or two. So simple. Have fun!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:11 AM   #2
Grizimus

Grizimus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Your tip worked great. The other piece that I found is to keep circling him to your left. Basically you want to stay away from his left. He doesn't attack you from his right at all, and stay close.

Last edited by Grizimus; 10-27-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Grizimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
bigrichienice1

bigrichienice1's Gamercard
thanks, i tried yr method with the knife a couple of times but i couldnt do it, i just kept shooting him with the m16 then run past him to the other side of the room then shot him again, it was all over pretty quickly and theres more thann enough ammo.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:21 AM   #4
Kyanite

Send a message via AIM to Kyanite Send a message via Yahoo to Kyanite

RCPD Zombie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizimus View Post
I think you are refering to the guy at the end of level 4, I think.
You fight this guy three times, and he's the same each time. I can confirm it works all three times because I just did it on Hard difficulty. It takes a while, and you have to have good timing, but it definitely works. I just stood in front of the guy each time and spammed the right trigger over and over. It took a while, but down he went!

100% Arcade Achievement Completion: 23

Last edited by Kyanite; 10-24-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Kyanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
mooongerm

digi del boy's Gamercard
The knife method definatley works....

I just beat the guy on level 9 on my second attempt at the knife method.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:00 AM   #6
infinityEOC

infinityEOC's Gamercard
yeah, that was dope. thanks. got the lvl 9 one on my second try with the machete.
infinityEOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #7
AngelHeva

AngelHeva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
omg. i am SOglad i read this post yesterday!! ugh. i'd been trying for bloody ages to kill the 1st of the 3 (did it on hard) and just couldn't at all. talk about frustrating the knifing works great. though i must say i did it that much i got confused a few times and ended up walking away and getting hit haha.

xXx
AngelHeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
killer297

Suicidebunny117's Gamercard
O yeah just killed the first guy on level 4 this has to be the best method that i know about by far thanks a lot in sharing this tip

killer297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #9
Mr DDT
Banned User

AoW II RoadKill's Gamercard
Will try thanks
Mr DDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
This doesn't work at all on Hard, he just switches to his right blade and evades your knife. Then when you try to swing at him on that side he just switches back to the left and evades that aswell. I'm on my 20th try or something and he just keeps avoiding me, no matter how I try to go at him.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:49 AM   #11
siamese snake

guff buster3's Gamercard
Just did this on level 9.The trick is to keep circling around him as stated before.It works a treat.
siamese snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:50 AM   #12
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Will have to try this thanks. I haven't even gotten that far yet, I started on Hard but the game is so incredibly un-fun to play and you run out of ammo so fast I said blo it and restarted on normal/medium.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #13
xMANNY FRE5Hx

xMANNY FRE5Hx's Gamercard
thanks for the tips guys! killed him a minute after reading this thread.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #14
SPONGER E

SPONGER E's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighsounD View Post
This doesn't work at all on Hard, he just switches to his right blade and evades your knife. Then when you try to swing at him on that side he just switches back to the left and evades that aswell. I'm on my 20th try or something and he just keeps avoiding me, no matter how I try to go at him.
can confirm this method does work on hard,found crouching makes the camera angle easier to control,took me quite a few times also,just keep trying will get the hang of it
SPONGER E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #15
buck wyyld

buck wyyld's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner
Yeah, I just did this on my second try on hard--nice method! Hell, everything else in this game is broken and shoddy, so why not exploit it, eh?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #16
NeverwinterMoon

NeverwinterMoon's Gamercard
I really was enjoying this game, playing on hard, until I confronted this guy. I was really pissed at him and at myself for not being able to play better. I started looking for hints on how to get rid of him easier and found myself here.

I tried using a knife technique and failed to down this guy. I tried about 30 times, no less. I'm a pretty decent player, I have good reaction and all that. I was able to keep the guy always in my aim but, sometimes, when he was about to strike, for some unknown reason, the controllable character was putting slashing on halt. This happened just about every try and there was nothing to do about it.

Now about circling around him. The guy is always abidextrious in my case - that is he easily uses both of his hands. Despite that, it's still possible to circle around him without getting hit, but it takes much more skill and precision to circle around him to be able to slaughter him with a knife than to do it some other way.

In the end I just took him down with a shotgun. What I did was keep shooting at his head up to the moment he approaches close enough to make a jump or strike me. At this point it's important to start moving towards him and shoot him somewhere (head is the best, of course) to prevent him from making a move. He will stutter long enough for you to sprint just inches away from him, turn around and continue shooting. I was able to easily repeat this tactic. Also, I found it much easier to down the bastard with a shotgun than with an automatic rifle.

Update: Shotgun tactic is definitely extremely easy. I took the second masked guy on my first try with the tactic I used (on hard difficulty and I didn't even know he was going to pop out). For the third and last one I used a different weapon and it went much slower.

Last edited by NeverwinterMoon; 01-04-2011 at 09:29 AM.
NeverwinterMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #17
TheZombieReaper

TheZombieReaper's Gamercard
THANK YOU,
I was just unloading all of my bullets on him and that didn't seem to work, so I circled around him with my knife and it worked perfectly!

TheZombieReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #18
M4A1Carbine5443

M4A1Carbine5443's Gamercard
WORKED Thank You sooo much
M4A1Carbine5443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #19
mortug

thank goodness... that mask dude at the end of level 9 made me go in fury mode!
but with this trick, i killed him on my first try!
thanks!

mortug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #20
Acydyk

Anyone know if this guy is considered "infected?" In other words, if he kills you, will it prevent you from receiving the Natural Resistance achievement?

Edit: So I'm not sure if it will or not, but he's pretty easy to kill on Easy. When you fight him in the last battle, you can just whip out the heavy machine gun. About 40 rounds will drop him.

Last edited by Acydyk; 09-14-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Acydyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #21
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Thank you! That makes it so easy to kill him!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote