PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3: ODST
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Halo 3: ODST Bitching Thread

I'm tired of seeing so many "This game sucks", "Are you disappointed", etc. type threads. If you have to bitch about the game, do it here. Should you ignore this thread and make your own "bitching" thread, it will be deleted and you will be infracted.

Read them.... apply them.
AOS Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
tmcmullen08

tmcmullen08's Gamercard
Seems like bitching threads are the thing now, ever since Gears 2.
Reach - 1672/1700
CEA - 845/1000

GEARS OF WAR
1 - 1140/1250
2 - 1750/1750
3 - 1435/2000

tmcmullen08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER's Gamercard
Thank god you deleted those threads. Its a bit disheartening seeing so many ppl say that they dislike this game. I absolutely love it and I enjoy it as much as I do with Halo 3. I love the campaign and firefight but most of all I love the soundtrack, which is just beautiful to listen to. The only thing is that the achievements are too easy to get and its short but then the shortness of the campaign can still be a good thing.....it reminds me of the days when I use to try doing the alternative pathways in Lylat Wars (aka Star Fox 64).

I am currently helping a friend get all the achievements for Halo 3: ODST and Halo 3. I don't mind doing ENDURE again....I am gonna help 3 ppl to get it.....just try and have a good connection and everything will be fine. I guess this is only the other way I can find replay value for this game. =)

JCDRANZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:36 AM   #4
Agent JFG

Send a message via Skype™ to Agent JFG

Sunbro Joe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDRANZER View Post
Thank god you deleted those threads. Its a bit disheartening seeing so many ppl say that they dislike this game. I absolutely love it and I enjoy it as much as I do with Halo 3. I love the campaign and firefight but most of all I love the soundtrack, which is just beautiful to listen to. The only thing is that the achievements are too easy to get and its short but then the shortness of the campaign can still be a good thing.....it reminds me of the days when I use to try doing the alternative pathways in Lylat Wars (aka Star Fox 64).

I am currently helping a friend get all the achievements for Halo 3: ODST and Halo 3. I don't mind doing ENDURE again....I am gonna help 3 ppl to get it.....just try and have a good connection and everything will be fine. I guess this is only the other way I can find replay value for this game. =)
What's that anime in your sig?
Agent JFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:42 AM   #5
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

Location: In this distorted world where everything is twisted ...

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent JFG View Post
What's that anime in your sig?
Way to go off topic xD (I asked him too in a vistor comment)

Back on topic:

Its not really something im bitching about , however i do wish the Campaign didnt take 2 hours to breeze through, Firefight is fun and all but with the time it took to hit 1000 on this game it shouldnt have a $60 price tag on it, 40 or 50 would be acceptable to me at the very least
SetsunaFSeiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:43 AM   #6
Battle Monkey

xBattle Monkeyx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetsunaFSeiei View Post

Back on topic:

Its not really something im bitching about , however i do wish the Campaign didnt take 2 hours to breeze through, Firefight is fun and all but with the time it took to hit 1000 on this game it shouldnt have a $60 price tag on it, 40 or 50 would be acceptable to me at the very least

I'm with you on a cheaper price tag the game is great and all put it's on the short side and no match making the lag problems but all in all the campaign was heck alot better than HALO 2 and 3.
Battle Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetsunaFSeiei View Post

Back on topic:

I'm going off-topic now: -

I HATE SETSUNA....."I AM GUNDAM"....LOLZ.

Wow....Setsu u actually haven't seen much anime......I guess ur a rookie. (I've watched over 1000 different series over the course of 9 years.)

Well the animation in my sig is done by Production I.G BUT is not an anime.......I actually get LOADS of PMs at FTV about what my sig is. TBH, the guys on this particular forum should know this but I guess I'll spill the beans, its an animation sequence from Tales fo Vesperia on the Xbox 360 and PS3.........a GAME. Anyways, Tales of Vesperia has been made into an anime movie called "Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike" produced by Production I.G and will hit Japanese cinemas tomorrow (3rd October 09).

OK....now I'm going back on topic: -

I agree with the pricetag......I bought mine for 35 at play.com bcuz AMAZON were being d*ckheads.....otherwise I would have got it for 30.....I hate those A-Holes.....they took the pre-order bonus off and then put it back on the next day(the day before I checked amazon and then pre-ordered at play.com).

Then again 30 isn't bad for this game.........I've been constantly playing this in my spare time for more than a week now......I like the campaign...and it is why I am re-doing it currently. =) I am actually doing legendary on co-op....I pretty much do all the killing and dying, whilst my friend is in cover acts as my respawn checkpoint....so like we don't both die otherwise we would go back to the original checkpoint and the enemies I had killed b4 getting the next checkpoint will have to be killed again. It makes our progress quicker. =P

Last edited by JCDRANZER; 10-02-2009 at 05:28 PM.
JCDRANZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:48 AM   #8
Hangman Records

Hangman Records's Gamercard
I have no complaints other than the game being too short. I'd say the only thing really worth pitching a bitch about is the Audiophiles. That stupid dunce of a Strategy Guide Writer David Houghson screwed us all out of the only reason you'd even bye the guide for; COMM LOCATIONS. Screw you, Dave! Thank God there are enough kids who hurried the locations up on youtube just to be the 1st to do it. Gotta love the self-rightousness

But all things considered, I have throughly enjoyed the game. Hell you even got the old Automag from the 1st Halo on xbox. And with a Silencer! SICK!!! TIMES 2 ZOOM AUTOMAG FOR LIFE, BUNGIE! KEEP IT DON'T QUIT IT!

Currently hard at work on: Wolfenstein: God help the designers at Raven for such a terrible game.

"Endure" I am a certified ODST

--I'ma be down! I'ma be down! Down wit the clown til I'm dead in the ground!
since I was 14 and still rydin' mutha fako!
Juggalo
Hangman Records is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #9
I GOT MILE HIGH CLUB

Remster95's Gamercard
More Like Galo 3 ODST
I GOT MILE HIGH CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

TrevL85A2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

^this

I concur on this. I enjoyed the campaign. It took me roughly 7 hours to beat, and I enjoy the Firefight mode as well. Same with the soundtrack and such. I think its enjoyable. Anyone who's bitching that the game sucks, stop playing it and quit bitching :P.

Lack of matchmaking I'm mixed about because on the one hand, i don't want wankers who screw around on co-op or campaign when you're trying to get levels finished etc.

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011, 60000 GS 28 Aug. 2014: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
Kebabsaurus Rex

Kebabsaurus Rex's Gamercard
My comment which I posted was did anyone find the game a bit disappointing ?

I liked all the other Halo games and always loved the online for Halo2 and 3. Its what first got me into online.

I just think the campaign isnt that great, its OK. My major gripe was that the graphics just dont seem to have moved on at all from Halo 3.

In terms of the campaign, it feels because it is like a bunch of thrown together firefights.

Dont get me wrong I dont think I wasted my money, just think they could have tried a bit harder.
Kebabsaurus Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
TpYourHouse

Send a message via Yahoo to TpYourHouse

TpYourHouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
I don't think there should be a bitching thread, if you want to do that, go to bungie.net and take it up there. lol
Old 10-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #13
Logiistics

Logiistics's Gamercard
Quote:

Yeh the soundtrack is amazing, just perfect for the game.
Logiistics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #14
jamieCR7

o Jamie z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Just to clear up, my thread was simply stating to an achievement, no directly bitching about a game that I actually enjoy, apart from the Chasm Ten map obviously.

Play a Pro Clubs match as a team of 10 or more
(GT: o Jamie z)
jamieCR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #15
rockoss

rockoss's Gamercard
My biggest gripe about this game is the lack of matchmaking support for firefight... How did they neglect that? The lack of matchmaking to find people to play firefights with has severely hampered my replay value of the game.

Other than that...

The game is awesome! Single player although short was very enjoyable and well played out.
rockoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #16
nappster187

Nappster187's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockoss View Post
My biggest gripe about this game is the lack of matchmaking support for firefight... How did they neglect that? The lack of matchmaking to find people to play firefights with has severely hampered my replay value of the game.

Other than that...

The game is awesome! Single player although short was very enjoyable and well played out.
One thing I don't like about any matchmaking is that sometimes you get really bad people to play with or A holes that make you want to quit anyway. Matchmaking being left out isn't a huge loss, especially since anyone reading this is on the forum, and tons of people are looking to get games going.

Completed Retail & DLC: 28
latest: Madden NFL 25(xb1 & 360)

Completed Arcade: 7
Latest: Uno Rush
nappster187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #17
iruhlman

iruhlman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:

Other than that...

QFT

I'm guessing they couldn't merge ODST Firefight with H3's multiplayer too easily?

twitter
iruhlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #18
sedenteanimo

sedenteanimo's Gamercard
Quote:

Other than that...

I agree. This game is would be way better if there was actually a way to find people to play firefight other than just trying to find enough friends that are on. And the campaign is way to short, especially since some of the missions are literally you just walking in a straight line and killing about 100 enemies.
sedenteanimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #19
Phil the Bear

Phil the Bear's Gamercard
Thought I would add my opinion to this.

I love this game....

Graphics are very good (with the exception of some of the character models)
Music/Sound is High quality - some of the best in a game.

I enjoyed the story a lot - I really enjoyed the flashback idea and to be honest felt it lost out a bit when it all became realtime at Data Hive (dullest level). I always found the cut scenes at the end of the levels where the Rookie discards the flashback items quite moving - music adding to the feeling a great deal.

Firefight is pretty good fun - I know you can not play with random people - but given the amount of annoyance people have had with "hero's" on Endure (me too I might add) perhaps having that option would only annoy more. Plus you do not have to worry about people veto'ing (no idea what the right word is there) your favourite map as per Halo 3.

The Achievements are good. Some are inventive - Where are my clothes. They make them slightly interesting by forcing you to do them in one level. They have one reasonably tough one - Endure - this requires communication, patience and skill. (and a bit of luck) - BUT they are 100% attainable.

The Audiolog story is interesting and quite fun - I love it when he refers to taking some food for the Journey.

It is incredibly playable - new pistol is ace, VISR mode interesting.

AND by being forced to use this forum and looking at friends of friends I have met a few people who I am happy to have on my friends list and play more than just Halo with.

EDIT - I wanted to comment on the Lag in Firefight - yes I have played on occasion and it has been bad - BUT I did Endure last night with the following - Myself based in England - A guy based in Northern Ireland - A guy based in Ohio - A guy based in California. We suffered minimal lag at the end of the 4th set with a few glitches every now and then. Endure took us 2hr 10mins.

So Bungie certainly need to do something about it - I am not sure how Halo 3 can be fine and this suffer issues - BUT it is by no means impossible to play as some people have said.

Last edited by Phil the Bear; 10-14-2009 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Wanted to add comment about Lag
Phil the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #20
FaSCoRP

FaSCoRP's Gamercard
Two nights ago I was in mombasa streets looking for the audio logs in co-op. Live got disconnected in the middle. One hour later I pressed the middle button and selected the "connect to live" option. After that, I came back to the menu screen. WTF !!!

I have to do that again...
Old 10-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #21
aussiegamer

HoMiCiDaL362's Gamercard
Playing a game of Firefight without lag is damn near impossible.

They should of had Firefight matchmaking.

Campaign should of been longer.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:35 AM   #22
Eric89

Send a message via AIM to Eric89

Razorclaw89's Gamercard
Since I only paid $45 for it (what with preordering it, using my store credit, and using a 10% discount card altogether at the local Play N Trade), I figured this would be an okay game. Well, after playing it since the day of its release, that's pretty much what ODST has been for me: an okay game. It's not the BEST Halo game I've played, but at least it gives you something to do.

For six hours.

Yeah, I'm disappointed on how short this game was, and the first playthrough was on Normal (I ALWAYS go easy first, no hidden innuendo intended) difficulty. I like the idea of an ODST taking the spotlight instead of Master Chief; on paper, it sounds great. But executed...not so much.

PROS
-Good atmosphere.
-Dark and rainy open-world.
-The flashback sequences. It's a nice way to see through the eyes of other soldiers.
-Dutch. This has to be the funniest character I've ever had the fortune to play as. "Cosmic ambulance!" :lol

CONS
-Even in a dark world, there are areas that are too dark, even in VISR mode.
-The last level with the driving part went on TOO LONG.
-The mission objectives on Mombasa streets. They're all the same. Find a clue, go to a flashback. Find a clue, go to a flashback, and you do this about...six times before you REALLY get to start playing as the Rookie.
-Don't think Firefight gets off easy. When playing that, you're obviously gonna get raped by aliens unless you have friends that will stick by you throughout the endless waves of Covenant forces.
-Battle Rifles. None of them. Those would be REALLY helpful in Firefight instead of that shitty excuse for an SMG with a scope on it.

Overall, I'd say this game's worth owning ONLY if you really want to get Recon Armor. Oh, and an invite to the Halo Reach Multiplayer Beta coming out next year.

Eric89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #23
MrBubbles x360a

xX GetaBoshi Xx's Gamercard
Quote:

Other than that...

If Firefight had matchmaking, I'd be playing that to this day

37 Completions
24 Retail-Latest: Toy Story 3/Proudest: Rock Band 2
13 Arcade-Latest: UNO Rush/Proudest UMK3
MrBubbles x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #24
DrizztDourden43

Faulty Surgery's Gamercard
I like the game alot. The only thing I did have an issue with was that the first day I got it, I played for about 4 hours and beat 4 campaign missions, then turned off the xbox. apparently if you dont save when you exit...NONE of your progress is saved. My own stupid mistake I know, but still wasnt cool to have to go back and play all of it over again.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #25
HadesMaw

HadesMaw's Gamercard
Voice cast (Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin, Tricia Helfer)= awesome. Audiophile achievement, not. This is the first game where I actually dreaded having to listen to the logs after I collected them.
HadesMaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #26
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Dude, wtf is this??
Ive just completed the final mission with my mate and what happens?
We never got ''ONI Alpha Site'', ''Data Hive'' and now we dont get ''Campaign complete on Normal''!
WTF IS THIS???

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #27
Alpha Kebab

Location: A small hellhole outside of another hellhole in the Southern of Sweden

Alpha Kebab's Gamercard
No matchmaking for firefight makes me a sad panda.
Alpha Kebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #28
Euvel

Zendo0's Gamercard
I have nothing to complain about the game. It is what Halo should be and it is very much like every other Halo game. I was very pleased with it. But on to the bitching part.

The Xbox Live community NEVER ceases to piss me off! Getting Vidmaster Challenge: Deja Vu or however it is supposed to be written.

Set 4: 3 Skulls Activated: 2nd to last wave (reinforcements)

My friend's friends.

That guy: Hey. I'm getting bored and we can do this some other time. Seeya. (Leaves)

I wasn't even enjoying the game before because they are idiots but I put up with that for my friend's sake but when you're that close to being done with this and never have to do it with people you don't like again you get a feeling of, it is almost finally over, but someone has to ruin it. Wasn't even a funny kind of ruin it was just I'm going to be an asshole kind. I'm sticking with my Halo nerd friends next time.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #29
x352x pH

Send a message via AIM to x352x pH

x352x pH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yeah, i thought this game was pretty epic, absence of matchmaking for firefight was the only bad thing
Mobile - 10
Win8 - 3
PC/GFWL - 2

x352x pH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #30
Colby

iRush God's Gamercard
The one thing i hate is when i have tried to get the endure achievement i have been so close and then all of a sudden it lags and ends the game. I was on set 4 round 3 wave 3 and had the perfect plan with 44 lives. Other than that stupid achievement the game is awesome. I just really want that recon armor!
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote