PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Alien Hominid HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-01-2007, 04:19 AM   #1
cady1992

NEMESISx69x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Easy tips for Perfect Fight

begin a game with an other profile on the level 3-5 ,before you kill the final boss press start on the second controller with your gamercard and finish the boss your second controller profile will have the PERFECT FIGHT achievement..

Last edited by cady1992; 03-01-2007 at 05:08 AM. Reason: before ---after
cady1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
magictroll

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Wow, nice find! gonna try this out
magictroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
pooon

verbal street's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cady1992 View Post
begin a game with an other profile on the level 3-5 ,before you kill the final boss press start on the second controller with your gamercard and finish the boss your second controller profile will have the PERFECT FIGHT achievement..
You can use a similar trick to get the easy, medium and hard achievements. You don't need to play through the whole game, just the last level. Sign in player 1 as your profile and player 2 as some other profile. Choose the last level (3-5) and play as far as you can with player 1, stopping before you use the last credit. Now hop in with player 2 and finish killing the boss up the last few shots. Now jump back in as player 1.

Each player will get the achievement for what ever difficult that profile has been set to. Also, when player 2 jumps in, that player will be given extra credits for what ever their profile is set to, even if player 1 is playing the level on hard.
pooon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
Rodni Demental

Send a message via MSN to Rodni Demental

Rodni Demental's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Haha.

Yeah, I accidently found this out as well.

Me and my friend were just playing casually in Co-op, beat the final boss, and we were like "wtf mate" when the second account got the perfect achievement.

Confused as heck we were, but not complaining.
Rodni Demental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
jqtaxpayer

John Q Taxpayer's Gamercard

lol, that's so cheap... but I'll probably do it anyway.
jqtaxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
spartancell

Spartancell117's Gamercard

so wait, all i have to do is beat the last level on hard? and basically what you are saying is that i can put my profile on hard, and have a dummy profile (profile 1)on easy, and it if i join in later, then finish the level i get the hard achievement??
spartancell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #7
pooon

verbal street's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartancell View Post
so wait, all i have to do is beat the last level on hard? and basically what you are saying is that i can put my profile on hard, and have a dummy profile (profile 1)on easy, and it if i join in later, then finish the level i get the hard achievement??
Start the level with your real profile, and play until your last credit. Don't use that credit. Now jump in with the dummy profile which will have the credit amount of easy. The boss will still be set to hard, but you'll have lots of lives to do it with. Jump back in with your real profile when the boss is about to die.
pooon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:45 AM   #8
DocRevolt

DocRevolt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooon View Post
Start the level with your real profile, and play until your last credit. Don't use that credit. Now jump in with the dummy profile which will have the credit amount of easy. The boss will still be set to hard, but you'll have lots of lives to do it with. Jump back in with your real profile when the boss is about to die.
Your strategy isn't as good as the above, using the above your character takes no damage, meaning that you have no chance at being endangered.
EDIT: My bad, forgot the glitch was fixed.

Proudest Retail 100%'s: AC2 + Revelations, Alan Wake, Afro Samurai, Battlefield: BC2, Bioshock 2, Borderlands (1750), CoD 2, 4, 5 + 6, Condemned 1 + 2, Dark Souls, Dead Space, TES IV + V, Fable II (1350), Fallout 3 (1550), Gears of War 2, Mass Effect (1200), Prototype, Star Wars: TFU 1 + 2 (1200), Singularity, WET

Retail 100%: 38
Arcade 100%: 10
DocRevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:30 AM   #9
Link2430

Saulbak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartancell View Post
You're pretty much right. But to clarify:

The easiest way to do this is set Player 1 to a dummy profile and put the difficulty on easy. Next, sign in to your profile for Player 2 and set the difficulty to hard or medium, whichever you need.

Play through Level 3-5 with Player 1 (dummy profile) on easy and when the boss has very little health left press start on Player 2 (your profile) and finish him off.

This is an easy to way to also get the Perfect achievement.
Link2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #10
BLOMBOMB

blombomb's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link2430 View Post
You're pretty much right. But to clarify:

The easiest way to do this is set Player 1 to a dummy profile and put the difficulty on easy. Next, sign in to your profile for Player 2 and set the difficulty to hard or medium, whichever you need.

Play through Level 3-5 with Player 1 (dummy profile) on easy and when the boss has very little health left press start on Player 2 (your profile) and finish him off.

This is an easy to way to also get the Perfect achievement.
Perfect explanation. It's very easy to get too wordy when trying to explain this, and you did a good job of keeping it simple.

I got the Perfect Fight achievement by accident as well.. I actually found this thread searching for a similar topic before I posted mine. WTG.

-B
Old 05-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #11
nfgmusicPaul

nfgmusicPaul's Gamercard
does this mean you have to play with someone over xbl? or does it have to be with another controller
thanks
Old 05-18-2007, 07:08 PM   #12
Kif

Send a message via AIM to Kif Send a message via MSN to Kif

FREE SHRUGS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfgmusicPaul View Post
does this mean you have to play with someone over xbl? or does it have to be with another controller
thanks
Two controllers. You can't play this over XBL for some reason.
Kif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:16 AM   #13
jabhwakins

jabhwakins's Gamercard
Worked like a charm. So that just leaves head chomper and I'll have all 180/200.
jabhwakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:32 PM   #14
exorr

exorr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I've done this numerous times and still don't have the perfect fight. Does this still work or did the latest patch fix this glitch?

I've been able to get the beat game on Hard achievement this way though...
exorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #15
exorr

exorr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Looks like this can only be done legitimately now. I removed cache and it wouldn't let me play the full version of the game without connecting to xBox live, and as soon as I did it required the update or it would disconnect me.

Either way though, put it on easy and learn the routine and you can beat this without a continue after a little practice. Took me 45 minutes of practice. The biggest part for me was getting past the first part of the final boss only losing 2 lives, I was set after that.

Another hint, before advancing into the room against the boss, keep shooting the fleeing enemies until you get a weapon upgrade. Then advance into the room with the boss. This will allow you to put some big hurt on the boss right off the bat.
exorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #16
Doc187 XL

Doc187 XL's Gamercard
yea man im tryin to get this achievement for a friend and it seems it dont work the cheap way anymore and i think area 51 challenge is patch too cuz the armor tank dont come out any more
Old 03-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #17
Chocobacon NWO

xELiTEx P1PP1N's Gamercard

Patch Fixed the Perfect fight glitch but this can be used to get certain hats such as the tiara and detective hat.
Chocobacon NWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #18
shinyshy

shinyshy's Gamercard
Sometimes it dont work
shinyshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:44 AM   #19
jmannx

J Mann X the II's Gamercard
I cleared the cache on my hard drive but the game didn't ask for an update after I started it. Everything else does though.

If you send a friend request, please provide details. Random friend requests are weird.

100% Games Completed:
jmannx is offline   Reply With Quote