Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #1
lxl Horizon
Banned User

lxl Horizon's Gamercard
Dead Space , Come on everyone be honest :D

I'm very very curious, and PLEASE be honest everyone

While playing this game, during a part that made you jump or something, did you EVER or know anyone who actually screamed out loud?
My cousin did but unfortunately i didint get to see it lmfao, he just told me he was very calm and the house was quite, and he leaned over to grab his mic and his leg went over the remote, and turned up the volume without him realizing (he had his game on pause ), so he turned to the tv again and went to resume, and he says as soon as he unpaused the vent snapped and he wasnt sure if the tv was louder then him xD

just imagine THAT! lmfao! ! Sitting there, all of a sudden. *BWAA* "OH MY GOD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! oh... oh wheres the remote?"

LMFAO!

if you got your stories dont be shy!
lxl Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
ArmeniusLOD

ArmeniusLOD's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by veece16 View Post
I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)
That creature is his wife/girlfriend that he keeps seeing throughout the game.

It takes a lot for me to scream out loud, but there were quite a few times where I would start shaking or jump a little. There were even a few times where it stirred up my bowls .
ArmeniusLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Volzagia

Volzagia's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quite a few moments made me physically jump the part with the guy baging his head against the wall freaked me out
Old 01-16-2010, 06:02 AM   #5
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Send a message via MSN to Eternal

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   x360a Book Club   SOTF Winner   Road Map - Silver   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I'll be honest. I can't bring myself to play this game.
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
Starstrukk X360A

Nerdcrest's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I get scared very easily, yet after the first chapter of this game I didn't find it scary at all.

And mind you, I haven't even touched Resident Evil 4 due to all the things people say about it; I was even too scared to touch RE5 until I had a friend play it with me.

Follow me on the internet:

Starstrukk X360A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #7
NinjaKiwiVI

NinjaKiwiVI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Yeah I've jumped. I was so into the game and the volume was up pretty high so I jumped outta my seat.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
I was jumping every 10 seconds. Its shit me up big time. And when i did it on impossible i new i have about 1-3 hits b4 i die so i was very carefull and when i heard a noise. jesus i jumped

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
Megaman 8bit

Megaman 8bit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmeniusLOD View Post
That creature is his wife/girlfriend that he keeps seeing throughout the game.

It takes a lot for me to scream out loud, but there were quite a few times where I would start shaking or jump a little. There were even a few times where it stirred up my bowls .
SERIOUSLY!!!! that was me i was just so happy to beat the game watched the ending all happily then BAM scared me so bad!...honestly the 2nd time i beat the game for the impossible mode achievement i went to the bathroom during the ending and waited for it to be over only to come back the SECOND she pops up and it happened to be the SECOND i looked up still freaks me out lol

Arcade (200/200)100%
My 100% Arcade Games
Megaman 8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #10
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Ha! Brilliant! ><
Phenoviral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #11
Nikke84

Nikke84's Gamercard
Didn't even flinch, ever.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #12
Pyro Stick

Pyro Stick's Gamercard
Quote:
I think that bit freaked out everyone that played the game. Its the end and the atmosphere is all calm, you have just beat the final boss, isaac is relaxing after having escaped. Its the last thing you expect and its scared the crap out of me. I didnt scream, just got the worst fright of my life. I dont think i screamed out loud or made any loud noise at any point in the game. The first few chapters you are jumpy as hell but after that you harder up and get used to it.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #13
Admiral Axtell

Admiral Axtell's Gamercard
Quote:
this! I also beat the game very early in the morning at 1 or 2 and my friend had already told me the ending (the dick...) and It still made me jump like hell!

100% Retail (All DLC included):
GUN. Dead Space. Fallout 3.
100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction. Battlefield 1943.
Admiral Axtell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
littlemissymoo

Littlemissymoo's Gamercard
I am a wuss when it comes to horror games and so far am not scared as such at Dead Space. I have had jumpy moments but that's it.

My ex loves horror films and games and yet can not play this game at all.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #15
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I just finished the game and that's the part that scared me. Also, walking around level 9 or 10 when you hear some girl singing "twinkle twinkle little star", I was having little panic attacks LOL. Another thing, maybe it didn't scare me, but whenever I heard a guy yell HELP in that desperate voice, I had to go and beat him to death.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #16
Ferocious
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBlueSpade2xX View Post
I just finished the game and that's the part that scared me. Also, walking around level 9 or 10 when you hear some girl singing "twinkle twinkle little star", I was having little panic attacks LOL. Another thing, maybe it didn't scare me, but whenever I heard a guy yell HELP in that desperate voice, I had to go and beat him to death.

That was chapter 10 with the singing. Although, I'm pretty sure I heard it earlier in the game it just was only in a certain section and sounded very distant. All in all it was a great game. No game or movie is "too" scary imo. I enjoy horror games and Dead Space is one of them.

However someone in this thread mentioned the first level of Condemned 2. I mean.. it's a great game, but play Condemned 1, the horror aspect is much greater than Condemned 2 although both are great games.
Ferocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #17
Rainta

RainTearX's Gamercard
Quote:
Haha same thing happened to me! Except my friend was playing it and it was at 5 a.m. in the morning. lol
Rainta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #18
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Not really, until the very end after the last fight. Typical final scene jump moment in the cockpit but it got me a bit.

It was more gross than scary. Loads 'O Blood. HAHAHA!!

The wall hanging guys that spit those lashing things out of his abdomen, the screaming noise they make sticks in my ears terribly though, very creepy. That retched painful wailing moan. Ugh...you can just feel the agony they're in.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #19
FortKnite

Send a message via MSN to FortKnite

I FortKnite I's Gamercard
Quote:

Jesus Christ people spoiler alerts!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #20
Coxy x360a

Coxymus Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nah, the game is jumpy but i didn't scream. Got a turtle beach coming soon though, so that could all change.. :P
A completely cracked HTC Mozart (Win P 7)!
A brand spanking new Sony VAIO (Win 8)!

"One hundred percented" games (including DLC): 13
Coxy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #21
Enric0 Palazz0

I was never actually scared, but the atmosphere of the whole game kept me kinda nervous and tense. I generally played most of it at night w/ the lights off and I had quite a few "jumps". My gf refuses to play it but she really liked watching, although she was "jumping" constantly and let out a few yelps during a few spots, pretty entertaining lol.
Enric0 Palazz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #22
J Dubz15

mcjoeker's Gamercard
I never completed this, I had it as a rental (plus I got stuck in Chapter 3 I think) but it did scare the sh*t out of me!!! I don't think I screamed or anything but it is the only game to actually make me scared HA
J Dubz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #23
Bubbowie

Bubbowie's Gamercard
I didn't scream out loud, but my heart skipped a few beats at the very end. I should've known, but was (un)pleasently suprised
Bubbowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #24
Ataxia

ChronosKaos's Gamercard
I remember the first time I played this.

- = Slight spoilers = -

During the first Chapter, there is a Log describing how the Necromorphs move via the vents.

At first, I was overly cautious, and basically quite paranoid about each vent as I kept expecting something.

However, you soon learn that just plays a part in building the atmosphere. Moments where something actually appears through a vent is relatively predictable, and is not too common throughout the game.

However, another memorable moment is when the lights go off as you are walking through one of the hallways (around Ch. 2), and you hear scuttling in the vents. Once again, it is all atmosphere, as nothing eventuates in that hallway.

Also, in one of the later chapters, one of the vents breaks above and behind you... and of course, nothing attacks you there.

Not much else to mention, and obviously after the first playthrough, it lacks anything to surprise you... it has all been seen before.

Anyway, they need to make a SH in a similar sense to LFD where each playthrough is genuinely different (even though you can predict Tanks and other moments quite easily in the game, but a similar principle should apply).
Ataxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #25
vgfanatic1

vgfanatic1's Gamercard
Tbh, I thought this game would be scarier. I usually get scared pretty easily, but this game just doesn't do it for me. They did a great job setting the atmosphere though, and I can see why others would find it scary.
It seems to me that Black Ops just copied New Vegas and stripped it down to an arcade shooter. I mean NV revolutionized shooters with its "Aim Down Sights" system. Also they both have similar weapons like handguns, shotguns, assault rifles. Once again though, BO is lacking in that department with no unique weapons like laser guns. And the perk system? BO didn't even try to change the name!! They both have perks!!! Another blatant ripoff.
Look at the entire thread here.
vgfanatic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 AM   #26
fax5jrj

fax5jrj's Gamercard
I have to admit, in chapter four, when that leg grabs you, I nearly crapped myself, but after re-doing for the 77th time (I had to re-start) it barely scared me
fax5jrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #27
Inferno Kong

I just remember a friend of me playing it with a 5.1 Headset.... and a Subwoofer plugged in -.-
Just before the floor began to crumble, we sneaked up to him and slapped him in the neck, he threw the headset away and woke up everyone in the house
Inferno Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:07 AM   #28
gameplayer

good stories here! lol! I'm starting to forget any specific moments, but I really remember how I felt when I was deciding to pick up the game again after two years to get some more achievements out of it. It was difficult to get myself to do it. The thought of doing it on impossible scared me so much my cheap ass self (I hardly ever buy downloadable content) bought a stronger downloadable suit to ease the pressure a little.
gameplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:49 AM   #29
Mgetter

MGetter's Gamercard
Not sure if I ever jumped out of my chair... probably screamed... but I most certainly got scared a LOT. In fact, everytime I go back to replay this game (or other similarly scary games), I get nervous to begin. Just started my third, final playthrough for Epic Tier 3 and am nervous already, maybe more so.

Cant wait for Dead Space 2. Played it at NYCC and it is very nerve-wracking and a lot of fun. The Horde (or whatever theyre called), the little kids that come out in huge numbers are a lot of fun. I feel like it will keep its horror roots without going too action-oriented
Mgetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #30
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
A couple scenes in level 2, 3, & 4 have gotten the better of me- I won't specify what & where to avoid spoilers. I am in the middle of level 5 as of this post so I am hoping to have a lot more of these moments. I am playing the game with Turtle Beach headset so I can hear every whisper, scream, scratch... pretty epic shit thus far

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote