PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Fairytale Fights
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
CloudedJudgement

Complete Chest Guide (Treasure Hunter Awarded)

Rather than duplicate an incredibly large thread please view the recovered guide over at TrueAchievements.

Since the official forums seem to have gone belly up the guys over at TA have recovered my guide, a big thank you to them and enjoy your guide at this NEW location

Last edited by CloudedJudgement; 07-09-2010 at 06:34 AM.
CloudedJudgement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Sha

ShaTeanDar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
That's awesome... you put a damn lot of work into that.
Very impressive.

Going to try this right away after I finish up my current project.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
Sha

ShaTeanDar's Gamercard

Ok so I just finished another playthrough... using your list as a guide to get the treasures.

I know for a fact I have all the chests on your lists in Chapter 1-9, 11 and 12.

On Chapter 10, I didn't understand this part..
1 behind waterfall lined with traps (-28)
1 behind waterfall (see invisible sword) (-27)

I got the invisible sword one, but failed to find another one behind the waterfall, the game also crashed after reaching the slingshot, so going to replay that Chapter anyway, could you give me some extra directions on that missing chest though?

On Chapter 13 I accidentally got knocked into the next screen by an enemy, so I know which chest I'm missing there.

On Chapter 14, I didn't get:
1 in spoon beside cooked beaver (-05)

Looked around, but didn't see anything..any hints?

So even though I have yet to confirm that it actually will unlock the achievement...The rest of your list was spot on, awesome job.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
CloudedJudgement

CH10
Initially when you first walk behind the waterfall there is a chest there. most likely you already grabbed it but in case you did not.

You might have to walk around a little to see the icon to smash it open since you cannot see it, the only way I know its opened is I usually pick up a 5000g orb or 2, sometimes they will roll out where you can see it as well.

CH14
when you see the beaver on the plate (being dosed in some salt&pepper) the spoon is to the top left (somewhere under her arm) in the spoon part there is a chest. Just grab it before you step onto the plate or she takes you over to the table to get closer to your boss fight.

Last edited by CloudedJudgement; 01-27-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
Sha

ShaTeanDar's Gamercard

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll check it out tonight if I have time
Old 01-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
CloudedJudgement

While I cannot say for certain, for safety reasons I would make sure that if you replay any level not just to get the ones you missed but to get all chests for that level because it may save an incomplete onto your file thus you may never know which level you are missing chests from (assuming they just save totals not individual chests opened) or maximum opened.

I would not be suprised at all if this was the case. Say you got 27/28 then you replayed the level to get the one you missed and this time skipped a few you know you got and opened the missing one it's possible now that you saved only 14/28!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #7
arenafighter

arenafighter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
no chance to unlock

i replayed every Level with the Chest Guide but no Achievement!
So what is the Problem? I cant delete the Save (its in the Gamertag)
reason i cant go for a new clean save with a reset of all my opened chests!

I think this achievement sucks and this is not really patched from the Developers!

In the Guide i found no new Chests. I collected all these chests in my previous Playthrougs!!!!!
Is there a way to unlock this Fuc.... Ach. to 100% Post it pls because
arenafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
CloudedJudgement

Your problem can be either of the following
1: you simply missed a chest. or
2: you missed a chest when you replayed a level (you must finish with all chests)
It is not enough to have opened it once you must open it whenever you attempt that level. After completing a level make sure the book has allocated you with the correct number of treasures. or
3: You didnt replay the final boss fight and sit through the credits.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
arenafighter

arenafighter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudedJudgement View Post
Your problem can be either of the following
1: you simply missed a chest. or
2: you missed a chest when you replayed a level (you must finish with all chests)
It is not enough to have opened it once you must open it whenever you attempt that level. After completing a level make sure the book has allocated you with the correct number of treasures. or
3: You didnt replay the final boss fight and sit through the credits.
@1: when your list is complete i dont missed any Chest
@2: for example: Iam playing Level 3 which has for example 35 chests. My treasure stats before i start this Level says 1856 opened chests. After completing Level 3 the treasure stats must be 1891???
@3: I replayed the Final Boss and i waiting for about 5 min in the Stats-Screen but nothing!

newQuestion: I have collected all the Chest in 2 playtroughs! is this a problem? i hope i dont must do this in 1 playthrough!!!
arenafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #10
SketchStone

SketchStone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudedJudgement View Post
If that is true, I think that it is an abominably shitty achievement. How the developers thought that that was okay is beyond me. Having to go back and locate chests you missed is fine, having to replay the entire thing, getting all chests on the way in one pop is not. This game goes down in my estimation every day.
SketchStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:41 PM   #11
CloudedJudgement

All i know is that I had opened all chests in CH10 on two runs (between both of them opened all chests but individually missed a chest) then completed boss.. Nothing.

After redoing CH10 and obtaining all chests in that level completed the boss and it unlocked.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
SketchStone

SketchStone's Gamercard
Where do you check your chest count for a specific level? The only item I found somewhere related to chests was a vast count of every chest opened as I recall which is simply no good at all
SketchStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:57 AM   #13
DwnTheRbbtHole

DwnTheRbbtHole8's Gamercard
Hey CloudedJudgement Thanks for the great guide. I'm in the process of using it, and figured something out along the way. The two chests in chapter 5 that appear to be blocked off after hopping over the ferris wheel a second time are some that are from earlier in the level. If there's a glitch at all, it's not that the gate won't open, it's that the chests close back up after circling the exterior and returning to the hub. I made a new thread and explained it in a little more detail for anyone wanting easy access to the solution, but thought I'd send something your way so you could take that "-2" out of your guide, since it's actually more "complete" than you're getting credit for. Anyway, big thanks for the guide. Hopefully have this game finished by Tuesday so I can dig into Alan Wake without anything else to worry about. later
DwnTheRbbtHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #14
B0seiju

b0seiju's Gamercard
Ok, this sucks bigtime, but the official fairytale fights site is offline, any chance that Cloudedjudgement or anyone else has a copy of the original thread so i can complete this achievement too?
B0seiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #15
Toye

Caltrop's Gamercard
Fuck this game. I repeatedly do level 10 and follow the guide (posted at True Achievements now) and I collect all 38 chests. I count them. I collect 38. At the end of the level my total only goes up by 35. Every fucking time.

This game is terrible and broken. Fairytale Fights can fuck right off.

Does anyone have any tips on how to go from this piece of shit only counting 35 to counting all 38? Otherwise this game is dying a horrible, horrible blender death.
Toye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:30 AM   #16
CloudedJudgement

Thanks to the guys over at TA they have recovered the guide using the miracle cure of google archives, please go here for the complete guide.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a382...chievement.htm
Old 07-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #17
Utu

Utu Wairua's Gamercard
I'm also having problems in the chapter 10, i open them all and it says i didn't open the 38 chest's.
Utu is offline   Reply With Quote