PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Battlestations: Midway
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
cstoeber

Jimbo LaFleur's Gamercard
"Hardened Veteran of Midway" and Level Select Cheat

Hey everyone, I wanted to know if anyone knows a way to use the "Level Select Cheat" and get "Hardened Veteran of Midway" with it.

- I first did the level on rookie with the level select cheat - got "Veteran of Midway"
- after that I did it on veteran... but no achievement popped up
- then i removed the updates from my xbox and did the level again on veteran - still no achievement.

I would like to know if anyone got the "Hardened Veteran of Midway"-Achievement by using the "Level Select Cheat" and if so - what did you do that I didn`t? I think it's quite strange that the cheat did not work here because it worked fine for the challenges and "Veteran of Midway"...

Last edited by cstoeber; 02-01-2010 at 11:14 AM.
cstoeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
JollyGrnGiant88

JollyGrnGiant88's Gamercard
Are you asking if the level select cheat prohibits you from just beating one level in the campaign and getting the Veteran of Midway achievement?

The one cheat allows you to skip challenges, but the level select cheat will not give you the achievement just for beating the last level.
JollyGrnGiant88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
cstoeber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGrnGiant88 View Post
The one cheat allows you to skip challenges, but the level select cheat will not give you the achievement just for beating the last level.
That's not correct because I got the "Veteran of Midway"-Achievement just for beating the last level by using the cheat. So I wonder why the same trick does not seem to work for the "Hardened Veteran of Midway"-Achievement. Any clues?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
cstoeber

By the way, the whole question is not new, look here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=23799 - Comment #13. One guy in that thread wanted to post an answer to this question but didn't do it.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
JollyGrnGiant88

JollyGrnGiant88's Gamercard
I meant the Hardened Veteran of Midway, sorry. The cheat will prevent you from getting the achievement on just beating one level for the "Hardened". In other words, you can use the cheat on normal and get Veteran of Midway "like you did." However, you need to beat every level on veteran for the Hardened Veteran of Midway to unlock. If you check in the thread you posted and check their gamercards, you will notice that most of them are missing the Hardened Veteran of Midway.

Honestly, I thought that it was hard as crap, but I eventually did finish it on veteran. Just check out the guides here and via googling for the best strategies. Youtube helped me out a lot as well.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
cstoeber

Thank you for clearifying this! Maybe I will try my luck some day in the future then!

Bot: I think this thread can be closed.