PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > TMNT 1989 Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-17-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
How To Get Turtle Soup

Well as most of you already know, this achievement is partially glitched. Only a handful of people in the world have it right now (12 I think), and they seem to all have done it different ways. Some did it offline, some online, some destroyed all the clones first, some only one, some none, etc... So basically what I'm asking is if anyone gets the achievement, please post here explaining exactly how you got it. Tell us what turtle you were using, how many lives you lost, how many clones you killed, on or offline, or any other detail you can think of. It's driving me nuts that I've already filled the supposed requirements for the achievements 3 times, and still have nothing to show for it.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:39 AM   #2
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Try doing it offline (Not connected to Xbox Live), w/o co-op.

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08
Spot2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot2009 View Post
Try doing it offline (Not connected to Xbox Live), w/o co-op.
I've already tried that a few times and it didn't unlock for me.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
francesthemutes

francesthemutes's Gamercard
Damn. I was going to try for this one, might as well not do it if it's glitched.
francesthemutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
Cisumurug

Send a message via AIM to Cisumurug Send a message via Yahoo to Cisumurug

cisumurug's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by francesthemutes View Post
Damn. I was going to try for this one, might as well not do it if it's glitched.
Yeah don't let it drive you crazy. I'm already shell shocked from this game.
Cisumurug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
ken_berry_fan83

PManningFan1618's Gamercard
Like everyone else who done the requirements for the achievement and did not get it I was very mad. This is what I did. I played online co-op with four people and I was Raphael. Everyone made it to Shredder and beat him I was the only one not turned into a little turtle, but we were all still alive when he was defeated. When he fell down I saw those wonderful words ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. Also I died three times. I hope this helps everyone. If anyone wants to play just send me a message.

Gamertag

xKenBerryFan83x
ken_berry_fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #7
ocelot 212

Ocelot 212's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
i've tried it offline and online...and it still didnt work
ocelot 212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #8
Cold Rival

Cold Rival's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Worked for me. Nice work dude!
Cold Rival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:13 AM   #9
Ult1ma Weap0n

Andrew Who's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Turtle Soup

Well we finally know an easy way to get turtle soup achievement. Start a solo game then sign in a 2nd controller. Don't touch or move player 1 (your gamertag) let the first foot soldier kill player one and dont press any buttons on the first controller so you dont respawn. Now get to krang with player 2 only. Beat krang down untill he's almost dead, now respawn player 1 and let krang hurt him a little bit and then beat krang with player 2. The trick is to be at shredder with player 1 in low health. Now let shredder kill off player one, remember not to move the player one controller at all. Once player one is dead beat off all the shredder clones (doesn't matter if you're turned into a turtle) once the real shredder loses his helmet respawn player one then beat shredder and his new helmetless clones with player 2. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. Remember dont move or kill anyone with player one and shredder has to kill you once.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:47 AM   #10
Wurlon

But, is there any certain way if someone only has one controller? I'll admit, Shredder has zapped me anytime but I don't want to end up like the poor souls who didn't get a legit achievement.
Wurlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #11
chewy

Chewy027's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurlon View Post
But, is there any certain way if someone only has one controller? I'll admit, Shredder has zapped me anytime but I don't want to end up like the poor souls who didn't get a legit achievement.
Unfortunately, not that we know of.

100k on 3-10-08
155 100% Retail Completions
100 100% Arcade Completions
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #12
I xp I shELmo

tut i hate glitched crap.. how complicated it becomes.. lol i've gone through this game loads of times only been turned into soup once and every other time didnt get it but oh well.. ill try again later..

Visit our website & forum... www.xpclan.co.uk
I xp I shELmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:40 AM   #13
tmnterminator

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
Yea, this definately sux for me as I have only 1 controller...I hope someone can figure out a way using just 1...
tmnterminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #14
Deathcrazy

this bothers me cause i did this offline and online they need to patch this game
Deathcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:11 AM   #15
niteslasher 360

niteslasher 360's Gamercard
hey whats up. i just signed up here and I got the turte soup because of this forum. I posted on xbox live and helped so many people. I would help anyone who needs help in tmnt cause i love this game. lol check my achivements and Im always willing to help anyone who needs and achivement I have. I would like if anyone can help with the ones im missing lol

niteslasher 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:09 AM   #16
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ult1ma Weap0n View Post
Well we finally know an easy way to get turtle soup achievement. Start a solo game then sign in a 2nd controller. Don't touch or move player 1 (your gamertag) let the first foot soldier kill player one and dont press any buttons on the first controller so you dont respawn. Now get to krang with player 2 only. Beat krang down untill he's almost dead, now respawn player 1 and let krang hurt him a little bit and then beat krang with player 2. The trick is to be at shredder with player 1 in low health. Now let shredder kill off player one, remember not to move the player one controller at all. Once player one is dead beat off all the shredder clones (doesn't matter if you're turned into a turtle) once the real shredder loses his helmet respawn player one then beat shredder and his new helmetless clones with player 2. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. Remember dont move or kill anyone with player one and shredder has to kill you once.
Thank you, read this post specifically and it worked, very much apreciated, so I can vouch that this works for sure.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #17
jinx

Based on the difficulties so many people have had getting the Turtle Soup achievement, the developers also offered some details.

link here.

Hope it helps. It sounds less complicated than some of the methods being offered. I'd love to hear from you guys if this works or not.
jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:30 AM   #18
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
But it is less detailed than this one.
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:50 AM   #19
Clockeye

Clockeye's Gamercard
chewy you rule, this worked for me using just 2 controllers
Clockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #20
WarriorPriest13

Send a message via AIM to WarriorPriest13

WarriorPriest13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
THANK YOU to everyone that helped firgure this out. Now all I have left is the co-op one.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:41 AM   #21
Artemisk

Artimesk's Gamercard
I did it single player, using don and didn't get turned into a turtle and no damn achievement! I died maybe 4 times but that shouldn't matter I did not once get turned into a regular turtle.
Artemisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #22
jabhwakins

jabhwakins's Gamercard
I'll have to give this a shot soon. Both the flamethrower and turtle soup I've not gotten before even though I should have.
jabhwakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:58 AM   #23
p00py

Just happened to see this and wahla Turtle Soup Achievement unlocked, thx guys.
p00py is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:43 AM   #24
sjanuary99

sjanuary99's Gamercard

this method works!!!!!!!! i only have 2 controllers and just tried it. it still worked with only 2 controllers. THANK YOU
Old 02-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #25
boogerboy

ok first off i dont have 2 controllers but i do have my guitar hero 2 control will it still work
boogerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #26
sjanuary99

sjanuary99's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerboy View Post
ok first off i dont have 2 controllers but i do have my guitar hero 2 control will it still work
why don't you try it, then confirm it to everybody if it works
Old 03-02-2008, 01:23 AM   #27
Akamaru_Sensei

Send a message via AIM to Akamaru_Sensei

akamaru sensei's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerboy View Post
Yep~ it works, just a pain in the ass lol, i actually played the game WITH the controller, just to be stupid <3
Akamaru_Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #28
ZapTor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ult1ma Weap0n View Post
Thanks man, it works!
ZapTor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #29
Kninth Duke

Kninth Duke's Gamercard
Yeah, I finally got the achievement last night. Thanks for the information.
Kninth Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #30
BoxingBroxy

Nice!

Nice! I just got this achievement thanks to this method. What a crazy way to have to get an achievement.

Kyle
BoxingBroxy is offline   Reply With Quote