Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dead Rising
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
Just got this

Okay, so I just paid for this on the Marketplace and I'm just wondering, I can see a lot of achievements have unlockables and I'm curious of whether they carry over to next playthroughs? Seeming as 5 and 7 day survivor acheivements unlock unlockables.

Also, how long is the 7 days in real time? And how much out of 10 would you rate this game?

Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Yes, all unlockables that you earn throughout the game will pass over onto your next playthroughs. They are all within a specific point in the game at which you can pick up whenever you want in the game.

As for 7 Day Survivor, that is 14 hours real time.

Oh, as for out of 10, I'd give it a 8.5.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
I heard about the 14 - 16 hours gametime. Maybe the first achievement I'll really be proud of. To unlock 5 day survivor (about 10 hours?) I need to get A ending. How do I know I'll get the A ending? Also, how do I unlock 7 day survivor?

Old 03-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creazil View Post
I heard about the 14 - 16 hours gametime. Maybe the first achievement I'll really be proud of. To unlock 5 day survivor (about 10 hours?) I need to get A ending. How do I know I'll get the A ending? Also, how do I unlock 7 day survivor?
You will know which ending you get, trust me. I don't want to spoil any of the story for you, (yes there is a storyline in this game) but after you reach the end of the 72-hour period, there will be a special cutscene.

After you complete the game once, there will be a special gametype to play. This gametype is called Infinity Mode. In this mode, you must survive as long as you can until you die. You health slowly gets depleted as time goes on. Once you die, the game ends, and you will get all the stats. Reaching your 7th day, you will unlock the achievement.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
Thanks to both. So literally I complete the game and can get ANY ending and unlock Infinity mode in which I just have to survive 7 days?

Old 03-25-2010, 06:39 AM   #6
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
As far as I can remember the A level ending wasn't necessary in order to get Infinity mode. Getting the A level is not that hard though if you keep doing the plot driven missions. Aside from Infinity mode beating the game will also give you access to Overtime mode which continues the story from the main game. Overtime mode is in my opinion well worth playing as well.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is a great game even though it might seem a bit complicated and overwhelming at first. One thing to remember about the collectibles is the fact that you must finish the entire run through of the game to be able to get them to carry over. I say this because achivements will appear as soon as you finish certain things but that does not make the collectibles themselves stay put if you simply restart the game. You do not however need to get the A grade finish to be able to keep collectibles. Any ending will do, and there are several.

I don't want to tell you to much about the story in this game but in order to get the A level ending you should focus on the main objectives at all times. Usually the game will get you to reload if you let a crucial mission time out but some of them will trigger an alternative ending which will not be the A level one.

Oh, and if you want me to grade this game in a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 8.5 or maybe even a 9.

Good luck with everything!

EDIT: Well YUNDER beat me to it but if you read both of our answers you will hopefully get all the information you need.