PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NBA 2K8
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
unkled20

unkled20's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
How I beat Kobe

OK, so here is another "tip". I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but here is what I did.

I rented this game before and got all the achievements except for the stupid Kobe one. I decided to rent it again and give it another go. I had already deleted the game info. from my hard drive for this game (which I do for most games when I'm done with them). Anyway, I load up the dunk contest and select LeBron James, Tracy MacGrady, Jason Richardson and Vince Carter as my contestants. I controlled all four.

I do the up up dunk for every single dunk in the contest, never making one until the final dunk overall. I don't hit any buttons and let the game go through it's stuff after the final dunk (as mentioned before by others in other threads). Kobe shows up the first contest I do! He hits his first dunk for a 93. I figure "here we go again" and I try to do the hard dunks, but I don't hit them so I score very low. Kobe missed his second dunk and I was unable to win because I couldn't pull off the second dunk! Grrrrr! It had been a while since I played!

So, I decide to delete the game info. and see if he shows up the first try again. I do the same stuff I mentioned before. Kobe shows up again and missed his first dunk! I'm ready this time and just do a basic dunk that scores me a 79. He gets a 92 on his second dunk. I score 74 on my second basic dunk and bam, achievement is unlocked!

Like I said, I don't know if this will work for everyone but it couldn't hurt to try. After all beating one dunk by Kobe is much easier than beating two.

Good luck all and I hope it works for you!!!

Last edited by unkled20; 03-28-2010 at 05:08 PM.
unkled20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
mrbonelly

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkled20 View Post
OK, so here is another "tip". I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but here is what I did.

I rented this game before and got all the achievements except for the stupid Kobe one. I decided to rent it again and give it another go. I had already deleted the game info. from my hard drive for this game (which I do for most games when I'm done with them). Anyway, I load up the dunk contest and select LeBron James, Tracy MacGrady, Jason Richardson and Vince Carter as my contestants. I controlled all four.

I do the up up dunk for every single dunk in the contest, never making one until the final dunk overall. I don't hit any buttons and let the game go through it's stuff after the final dunk (as mentioned before by others in other threads). Kobe shows up the first contest I do! He hits his first dunk for a 93. I figure "here we go again" and I try to do the hard dunks, but I don't hit them so I score very low. Kobe missed his second dunk and I was unable to win because I couldn't pull off the second dunk! Grrrrr! It had been a while since I played!

So, I decide to delete the game info. and see if he shows up the first try again. I do the same stuff I mentioned before. Kobe shows up again and missed his first dunk! I'm ready this time and just do a basic dunk that scores me a 79. He gets a 92 on his second dunk. I score 74 on my second basic dunk and bam, achievement is unlocked!

Like I said, I don't know if this will work for everyone but it couldn't hurt to try. After all beating one dunk by Kobe is much easier than beating two.

Good luck all and I hope it works for you!!!
Just want to say this worked like a charm! I couldn't believe it when he challenged me after all those crappy dunks. FYI, according to another recommendation on a diff post I placed LeBron as first slot and used him for the wins(believed that Kobe frequents more against LeBron). I lost the first challenge cus i missed my 2nd dunk, so booted to dashboard, then went back to another dunk off and AGAIN got challenged and won... thanks... almost 2yrs in the making for this damn cheevo.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #3
unkled20

unkled20's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm glad this worked for you. I hope it will work for other people too.
unkled20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
New Era Yaz67

YazFromAlcatraz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I will have to try this and tell you guys how it goes, I am missing only 1 ach in both NBA 2k8 and 2k9 and it's the dunk off ach for each game, hopefully this trick works and Im trying to complete more sports games on mygamercard.net, currently ranked 19th in the world in the sports genre leaderboard on that site, Ill message back if I get this hopefully.
New Era Yaz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
New Era Yaz67

YazFromAlcatraz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just wanted to follow up on my previous comment and would just like to say this trick works 95% of the time, I was able to practice the dunks in dunk school when I was evntually challenged by Kobe and after 17 or so attempts of him challenging me, I would try around 3 tries a day and he got an 84 his 1st dunk, I got an 85 my 1st dunk and I was like please mess up or something on the next attempt and he did, he had to use a replacement dunk and got an 82 and on my 2nd try I get my 1st 100 dunk that I ever tried and ach unlocked 1000/1000 now in NBA 2k8, now I will try the last ach in NBA 2k9 soon, this little guide here works awesome.
New Era Yaz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Hydrophillic

hydrophillic's Gamercard
How do you delete your game info??? Can someone explain that please?

Also does anyone know if this works for 2k9 or 2k10? That would be helpful since most people seem to struggle most with this achievement

Last edited by Hydrophillic; 08-30-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Hydrophillic is offline   Reply With Quote