PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Perfect Dark
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-11-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
Untitled Agent

Untitled Agent's Gamercard
x360a Guide Collection + Glitch List

looking over all the threads so far, we have a bunch of useful guides, all scattered across different pages and unneccesarily difficult to find if anyone's looking for them (just look at how many threads there is asking the same questions, despite having guides around that should answer those questions). so i figure having one place with links to all the guides should be helpful. the guides are grouped by type (achievements, crowns etc), with a list of known glitches (both good and bad) at the bottom of the post.

Achievements
Untitled Agent- Alternate Achievement Guide
Wilmo X- Achievement Guide and Road Map

Crowns
Echtzeit- Crown Guide
NS Jim MenaMan- Crowning Glory Video Guides

Challenges
XxhellishjxX- Perfect Dark Starter's Guide

Firing Range
Caramel Cardinal- Firing Range Medals and Tools of the Trade Achievement Guide
Untitled Agent- Firing Range Guide

Leaderboard
Firelyte Stone- Leaderboard Score Guide

Currently Known Glitches
- Defection noclip
it's possible to complete mission 1.1 in ~6 seconds (agent only) by dropping on the first guards head/the first door, crouching and falling through the building (videos on youtube). much less useful on special/perfect unless completing objectives in a different order to normal.

- Invisible Mines
throw a mine on an ammo box then collect the ammo- the mine will disappear (best used for proxy mine traps)

- Firing Range Laptop Sentry
a sentry can be thrown out just before starting weapons challenges, this can make a lot of the challenges ridiculously easy (and can make others impossible)

- Prime Target
despite what the description says, obtaining any 29 stars will unlock the achievement, usually the next time the game is booted (you can earn up to 4 stars on each challenge, based on the number of people the challenge is completed with)

- Slayer Dummy Rockets
fly by wire rockets consistantly don't explode ~20% of the time, whether manually detonated or crashed into a target - seems to be fixed in TU2

- Devastator Wall Huggers
greandes from the wall hugger secondary mode occasionally don't explode

- Tools of the Trade
sometimes the achievement doesn't unlock due to progression not saving properly (as seen in the 50000 other threads on the subject) - should be less common post TU2

- Combat Simulator Stats
for some people, stat tracking stops working and nothing is tracked in simulator games

- Difficulty Completion Bugs
very occasionally difficulty achievements don't unlock after completing all levels on a difficulty (however most cases where people think they have this glitch, they've just forgotten levels that were completed on higher difficulties)

- Laptop Sentry
the sentry will only use 100 bullets, instead of the intended 200 - fixed in TU2

- Crowns
some crowns will 'unlock' on other missions, despite already previously being unlocked properly

Retail 1000+ in 18 games (most recent: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed)
Arcade/Expansion 200+ in 5 games (most recent: Perfect Dark)

Perfect Dark Achievement Guide
Perfect Dark Firing Range Guide
Perfect Dark Guide Collection + Glitch List
<- links to all guides in the PD forum

Last edited by Untitled Agent; 06-02-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Untitled Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
lonesome killer

lonesome killer's Gamercard
Prime Target (despite what the description says, obtaining any 29 stars will unlock the achievement, usually the next time the game is booted)

So does that mean I can get the stars for Challenge 1 with 1 player, 2 players, 3 and 4 and it counts 4 times? Or I have to beat 29 different challenges, which there's 30 and 30 is harder than 29. I'm hoping you mean 4 times on 1 challenge
Old 04-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonesome killer View Post
Prime Target (despite what the description says, obtaining any 29 stars will unlock the achievement, usually the next time the game is booted)

So does that mean I can get the stars for Challenge 1 with 1 player, 2 players, 3 and 4 and it counts 4 times? Or I have to beat 29 different challenges, which there's 30 and 30 is harder than 29. I'm hoping you mean 4 times on 1 challenge
That's correct. Just shut off and restart the game and it should unlock.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:44 AM   #4
lonesome killer

I tried this earlier today and it worked! Frickin' awesome! I didn't think I'd ever get that achievement. The later challenges are too hard and no fun at all.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
LotusOfDoom

LotusOfDoom's Gamercard
I can also vouch for the prime target glitch, i didn't even mean to do it, but i was looking up why it just unlocked and came across this
LotusOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:03 AM   #6
B1GgYsMA1lz

B1GgYsMA1lz's Gamercard
Just wondering do you need all of the challenges complete to get the 201% trophy?

Because if not im gonna try this glitch

First In Canada To 1K The Beatles :RB
50k - 11/13/09

B1GgYsMA1lz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:03 AM   #7
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Ok how exactly do i do the prime target glitch??
Old 06-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #8
Untitled Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Ok how exactly do i do the prime target glitch??
basically, when you beat each challenge on your own, you get the first star. if you finish the challenge with 2 players in it, you get the 2nd star, 3rd for 3 people, 4th for 4 people. if you really wanted to, you could potentially get the achievement just from getting all 4 stars on the first 7 challenges, then beat one more on your own.
it usually pops the next time you boot the game after that, but sometimes it doesn't pop until a few boots later.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #9
Nirdier

Send a message via MSN to Nirdier

Nirdier v2's Gamercard
Exclamation

Hi.

I started to play this game 2 days ago. I'm a total noob on this one and didn't play the N64 version.

I'm on Mission 4 (I think) "A51 Infiltration" where you have to destroy the antenna that can go up and down. As far as I have seen on YT, you have to destroy it with the "explosives" weapon. The problem here is that when I select that weapon, it shows nothing on the screen! So, I can't do anything now.

Is this a glitch? Do I have to do something else?

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
Ferahgo

Furzen Viser's Gamercard
The higher Challenges are some of the more genuinely difficult parts of Perfect Dark... I find it really quite sad that so many people are exploiting a dumb glitch to get Prime Target. I hope one of the future updates fixes this glitch.
Ferahgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #11
JasonRVS

JasonRVS's Gamercard
I had Tools of the Trade glitch on me. Took every gun to gold. This weekend I started up the game and it just unlocked as soon as I selected a memory device. I don't remember seeing an update come through, but something changed.
JasonRVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #12
S3M

S3M James's Gamercard
Just like to confirm that both co-op achievements seem to be glitched. Did both of them with my bro last night, offline in splitscreen and neither of them unlocked!!

Maybe be an issue with not being connected to live????

Anyone else had this problem?
S3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #13
Untitled Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3M View Post
Just like to confirm that both co-op achievements seem to be glitched. Did both of them with my bro last night, offline in splitscreen and neither of them unlocked!!

Maybe be an issue with not being connected to live????

Anyone else had this problem?
did you do the whole mission (as in all parts of the mission, eg 1.1/1.2/1.3)? it's fastest to do something like carrington villa, since there's only one level. unless they've changed it in the update, the counter op one only unlocks for whoever is playing as joanna, and only when the mission is completed succesfully.

edit: turns out they have changed it in the update, the counter op one unlocks for both players once a full mission is played through now without having to switch roles.

Last edited by Untitled Agent; 05-18-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #14
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untitled Agent View Post
did you do the whole mission (as in all parts of the mission, eg 1.1/1.2/1.3)? it's fastest to do something like carrington villa, since there's only one level. unless they've changed it in the update, the counter op one only unlocks for whoever is playing as joanna, and only when the mission is completed succesfully.
This. Me and my brother did the same thing and were like WTF where's the achievement but it literally means one mission as in how the levels are split up into missions on the level select screen.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:05 AM   #15
lonesome killer

Watch the entire cut scene after you finish the mission. Mine didn't unlock for the coop achievement if I just skipped ahead by pressing "A".