PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Conviction
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Last Stand Guide

Introduction

There have been a ton of questions about Last Stand and some people seem to still be having trouble in general with it. I hope to clear all remaining questions with this simple guide. Just follow the videos for good locations (and or tactics). Everyone plays differently, so if what I do doesn't work, you are welcome to go about it however you like. These are far from the best ways to do these levels, but should guide some people to finding what way works best for them. You will be completing waves 15-20 on Realistic. This will unlock the achievement for completing all levels on Last Stand on that said difficulty. Each video is only going over the starting wave (wave 15). By the final wave there will be more enemies for you to dispatch. The nice thing is that more will be respawning at the same time, meaning more clusters for you to grenade. With that said, there shouldn't be much of a problem when there are extra enemies to dispatch. I know I'm not the best speaker (I tend to mumble) so mute me as you wish! The dialogue isn't much extra help to be honest! Also in case you don't watch the first two videos, an EMP can be destroyed, and you will get to retry again. It will fill up to 100% if you retry, no matter what. Sorry in advanced for poor quality video.

Settings

Pistol: Five-Seven
Alternate: MP5-SD3
Gadget 1: Frag Grenade
Gadget 2: Remote Mine
Uniform Upgrades: + 1 gadget, +1 gadget, + 1 gadget

Note: You should have beaten both single and cooperative storylines by this point, or else you may be missing certain equipment depending on what you did, or didn't complete. This can still be done with various equipment. The choice is yours.

St. Petersburg Banya 1

St. Petersburg Banya 2

Russian Embassy 1

Russian Embassy 2

Yastreb Complex 1

Mozdok Grounds 1

Lumber Mill 1

Lumber Mill 2

Lumber Mill 3

Printing Press 1

Last edited by Tyger7; 05-07-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
WOW Cheers dude! This willl help me a lot seeing as I find this the hardest and..well really the worse game mode in the game tbh lol Thanks!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
WOW Cheers dude! This willl help me a lot seeing as I find this the hardest and..well really the worse game mode in the game tbh lol Thanks!
it is the hardest game mode but my friends and i think its BY FAR the best part of the game. we both use full armor and run around the map non-stop together doing melee take-downs, marking everyone we see then dual marking/executing and repeat.

we basically just free style it on realistic and we are successful almost every time. its the only game mode that is truly a fun challenge. the game really does make u feel like a badass agent and its this mode alone that has made splinter cell the best coop game i've every played. that includes games like gears, L4D, army of two, borderlands, etc.

before i played last stand i thought the game was a about a high 8 but now its at least a 9.5 and the second best game I've played this year. (ME2 first)

sorry for mini rant, this is all just opinion

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
105 completed games 81 Retail - 25 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASS DOMINATION View Post
Yeah, I enjoy the mode a lot too. I think it's fun! Something new always seems to happen every time I play it. I should probably give hunter some more time and figure out the best routes to kill the enemies without alerting them.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
Inked and Pierced

TATTOO FREAK's Gamercard
God tyger7 you are the man!!!

Love all the videos. Your guides have heled me get to 930g so far in splinter cell conviction. All i need now is to complete 9 more maps in last stand on realistic using you videos. Thanks again!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:20 AM   #6
xI MrBubbles Ix

xI MrBubbles Ix's Gamercard
Cheers for the videos I'll be using them when I go for the acheivment , I'll report back with success.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #7
Screwface89

just wanted to say thanks to tyger for his awesome guide thanks man much appreciated just maxed the game out and its thanks to these video's that it was possible.

100 % Retail - 36
100 % Arcade - 12
Screwface89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:59 AM   #8
FeJ

FeJ9's Gamercard
Good stuff Tyger!

I was thinking the "last stand master" achievement would be the only one i wouldnt get until i followed your guide, thanks.
FeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
aerO^

aaeeroO's Gamercard
Videos are good but tactic on Lumber Mill 3 sucks , anyone have better ? 2 more to go Lumber Mill 3 and Printing Press 1... now i'm going to test your tactic on PP 1 , and thanks for good tactic on mozdok.
aerO^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Brilliant guide Tyger, as with all the others. I've only done the first 3 levels on Last Stand but finding it fairly easy so far. I struggled a bit with the first one to begin with but once I figured out where the enemies come from, it got much easier.

Out of interest, which Last Stand level does everyone find the hardest to do?

100% Games
fat_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #11
Salle

Agonys's Gamercard
Damn "Banya 1" was raping me so freaking hard untill I watched these vids, I probably wouldn't have been able to get throu all "Last Stand" maps w/o em. Thank you for these vids!

Oh and on "Lumber Mill 3" I found it to be a real breeze jumping up on the timber to the left of the EMP from where you start (Since I could nade ppl comming from all directions except from the location you start at.. But just play it smart and plant a nade there that you can detonate later for an easy 4-5 kill later when they've stacked up) and if you'r lazy like me then you can turn off the power for the lights in "Yastreb 1" if you go to the other side of the map before going to the train. xD And once again; THANK YOU!
Salle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #12
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Thanks for the guide Tyger. I have no idea how I would've beaten some of these otherwise.
Just now took Printing Press by storm following your vids and earned my 70GS for Last Stand completion.
Thanks!

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 05-30-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:18 AM   #13
RebelRaider3

Rebel Raider3's Gamercard
Would you say that i would be best to try and have as many players possible with you?
RebelRaider3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #14
sledge

True North's Gamercard
Great guide, will have to try this out later.
sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #15
ReverendHavoc

Reverend Havok's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. I can say now, that I am four achievements further!

I would add, that on Mozdok Grounds, I found it to be easier standing inside the computer room. There is a lot more shade, and works better if you need to pick up a downed partner.
ReverendHavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:57 PM   #16
DosuKinuta13

DosuKinuta13's Gamercard
I wish i would have seen this guide earlier. Me and my friend have been slowly working on these last stand maps about 2-3 of them a day. We have 3 left to do starting from wave 1-20. Takes almost an hour to do 1 of them all the way through. We've beaten two maps without having to retry, but being able to start from wave 15 will be SO much simplier. Thanks a bunch for the guide
DosuKinuta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:02 AM   #17
Premerium

Premerium's Gamercard
Great guide, should help alot people, imo mozdok grounds was the hardest
Premerium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:19 AM   #18
dmapr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premerium View Post
Great guide, should help alot people, imo mozdok grounds was the hardest
Yep, definitely the hardest as the enemies weren't bunching up enough to make grenades and remote mines effective.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #19
darkeratreyu

Send a message via AIM to darkeratreyu

darker switch's Gamercard
tyger, you make the best guides man
darkeratreyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #20
LUCKY 40

Send a message via MSN to LUCKY 40

lucky 40's Gamercard
Awesome guide thanks for the help!
LUCKY 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #21
d0nkeytr0n

d0nkeytr0n's Gamercard
great guide....I did all the DLC achievements, just working on Last Stand Master (solo) and then I'll do the Perfect Hunter achievement with a friend.....your guide was more than a help along the way
Old 04-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #22
armylifer94

whiskeycharlie's Gamercard
Nice guide bro', it helped me finish off SCC for the 100%. BTW, it's not the first time I've used your guides to acquire Achevo's, Thanks for your work.
armylifer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #23
Old Scratch

old scratchy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaicoWin View Post
Isn't the EMP supposed to recharge after ever wave? It stopped recharging after wave 12 for me, and I'm trying to do that lame ass Last Man Standing achievement on rookie. WTF?
The EMP only resets to a certain point, so if it's damaged to 99-51 it should return to 100 when the next wave starts. If the enemies damage it down below 50 then it will only reset to 50. There's another recharge marker at 25 but unless you're on the final wave saving that EMP will be tough.

If you aren't trying for the last man standing achievement let yourself be killed and you'll start on the same wave you died on with an EMP at 100 and full equipment
Old Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote