PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Armored Core 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Zeta333

Send a message via AIM to Zeta333

Zeta333's Gamercard
Mission Help Thread

This is a thread for help on any mission , just post what you need help on and someone will help u. Mods please move the other threads into this one.

Pillar Of Light:

I had some troubles with this one , i would unload all my ammo and everything into it and it wouldnt die at all. But then i found a small dome on the ground underneath that structure type thing as u fly to the cannon, blowing that up will take out the cannons sheild then just hammer at it with Nade luanchers and your good.

Courage and Honor
Mess with the best, Die like the rest.
We Are the Space Marines , Champions of Humanity
"Die?" Kurt Laughed "Didn't you know" He looked at the Elite "Spartans never Die........"
I walk in the shadow of The Valley of Death becuase i have no Fear.
Zeta333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
deathbypig37x

deathbypig x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase UMK3 Runner-up   Gears of War Annex Challenge Third Place
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't know what to tell you for your mission. Sorry. It's all basically centered around what weapons you use.
Fighting 1 next: use all missles or Kojima Rifles
Multiplte nexts: use Kojima Rifles and SOME missles
Fighting Normals: use machine guns, grenade launchers, or missles
All of the above: you may need a sword.
deathbypig37x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:55 AM   #3
an7man

an7man's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to destroy the floating fortresses. I can destroy one but I cant destroy multiple ones..
I only have 2 or 3 missions left and these are the ones that are causing much stress.

an7man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
KSA112190

XlX TANK XlX's Gamercard
What do you mean by floating fortress? What is the mission name?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #5
Tw1st3d Fate

A Common Cent's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
He probably means the Mission Firely
Old 04-02-2007, 03:26 AM   #6
an7man

an7man's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
I meant on the Mission Operation Ascend. There the flying ...uh fortresses lol i don't know how much more i can explain. It looks like a ball floating in the air.

EDIT: Also help on Mission Firefly. These are the only two left. there so hard. Does anyone have schematic that they can give me, that has already passed this mission with.

Last edited by an7man; 04-02-2007 at 05:16 AM.
an7man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:59 AM   #7
KSA112190

XlX TANK XlX's Gamercard
Chapter 5: SOL DIOS Help

I dont understand what to do here. It says to shoot the guns as they are charging up to fire. I do that but it doesnt do anything. Can anyone help?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:48 AM   #8
KSA112190

XlX TANK XlX's Gamercard
Nevermind I got it
Old 04-29-2007, 02:59 AM   #9
****-[C]rockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
Pillar Of Light:

I had some troubles with this one , i would unload all my ammo and everything into it and it wouldnt die at all. But then i found a small dome on the ground underneath that structure type thing as u fly to the cannon, blowing that up will take out the cannons sheild then just hammer at it with Nade luanchers and your good.
Equip 2 MoonLights(swords) . . .Dodge all cimcoming fire and boost like heck to get to the big tower, now there is a big shield around it right. . . well go inside!!!. . .And now u see there is this wierd box thing that has lots of lines. . . .---->

Now stand on the very top line and double slash twice, now it is detroyed, now fly out and stay out of firing range till mission complete

I have question, I Have got S rank on all missions in normal yet no achievement, why not?
****-[C]rockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #10
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'm having trouble with the Elimination Mission on hard that is inside some normal factory. The normals blow me up really quickly. I pretty much die instantly in the second room. Any advice on how to do this and get an S ranking?
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #11
xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd

Everest 06's Gamercard
Can anyone help me with the first mission in chapter 4? There are so many enemies coming from so many places i don't know where to shoot! I take out wave after wave but they get so close to the ship i have to protect that i have to go into close range combat which is really pissing hard. Any hints on how to do this on hard?
Call of Duty 5 (1000)
Mass Effect (1000)
Midnight Club: Los Angeles (1250)
Crackdown (1250)
Call of Duty 4
Fable II (1000)

Working On:
Red Faction: Guerilla (730)
Prototype (840)
Gears of War 2 (1625)
Far Cry 2 (720)
Unreal Tournament 3 (930)
Dead Space (260)
xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
deathbypig37x

deathbypig x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase UMK3 Runner-up   Gears of War Annex Challenge Third Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd View Post
Can anyone help me with the first mission in chapter 4? There are so many enemies coming from so many places i don't know where to shoot! I take out wave after wave but they get so close to the ship i have to protect that i have to go into close range combat which is really pissing hard. Any hints on how to do this on hard?
Check the guide if you need ay help, but if you get nill from that, PM me or message me on what you need help in. I'm like the general Armored Core assitant witht the full 1000.(Twisted has it too, but he rarely gets on the forums)
deathbypig37x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #13
II M0n3ySh0T II

II M0n3ySh0T II's Gamercard
Cool Operation ascend help

This is what i did to s rank the mission on hard. i got a perma-flight mech, but still pretty fast. i had 1 shoulder kojima and 2 moonlights.

Now, how you can get off to a good start is by saving health. As soon and the mission starts, get off the ground and start flying above the glass. There is a hole in the side of the large structure that you can just jump right into. As soon as you get in start charging your kojima cannon. After that ignore the turrets and ground enemies. just hit the fan like things in the middle and break it down with 1 slice. now when you get to the top the 3 Fermis are waiting for you, armed and dangerous. So i shot one with my Kojima , killed it, then i went back down the tube onto a ledge, charged my kojima. And when my kojima was charged i jumped out shot one. If you go behind a fermi there are 2 tanks you slice that once or twice with moonlights, bye bye fermi. And keep in mind that while you are moving up the tunnel there are bombs being dropped so heads up.
II M0n3ySh0T II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:20 PM   #14
Tricka21

Tricka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Yeah i need some help on the mission SEA OF BLOOD please, the AC on this level keeps obliterating me so could someone give out a suggestion on what weapons i should use against this A hole. Thanks in advance
Tricka21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #15
MT&^

To destroy flying fortresses

Ok here it is, Operation Ascend (Hard mode): What I use are two extra long laser blades for my weapons and on your shoulders use either the self tracking rockets or flares, do not equip your AC with any other weapons so as to keep it as light as possible. When you start the scenario use the over boost and rush the entrance side stepping the guns that are in front of the opening, go in and fly up to the first fan like object and use your laser blade on the middle part of it in order to destroy it. Do this with each of the remaining ones keeping in mind that there will also be this floating weapon that will try to destroy you so you may want to take it out first. Also each time you destroy one of those fan like objects get over to the side quickly otherwise when it falls it will take you with it! Once you have destroyed all the fan like objects and your at the top there will be one more of those floating weapons so take it out and QUICKLY!!! exit out of the top and go to the first of the three floating fortresses, get on top and keep slaming it with your laser blade until it is destroyed then go to the next and then the next. While going from one fortress to the next use your shoulder device (either self tracking rockets or flares) in order to counter the rockets that the fortresses will be shooting at you. While dealing with the fortresses try to stay as low as possible otherwise the laser canons on the ground will destroy you!!! You will probably have to try this several times but it can be done. Disregard the enemy on the ground when you first start this scenario, just get by them and into the building where you can start your ascent. I hope this helps. MT&^
MT&^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #16
CienPR

Pelao y Famoso's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricka21 View Post
Yeah i need some help on the mission SEA OF BLOOD please, the AC on this level keeps obliterating me so could someone give out a suggestion on what weapons i should use against this A hole. Thanks in advance
Try the kojima arms with the ogotos on the back, the kojima will take care of the 1st AC and if you still need for the 2nd the ogotos should do the trick. Also eliminate all the normals before engaging the 1st AC
CienPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #17
Carlillo78

Hey guys!!! Really need help is the "Line Of defense" mission on hard. Sir Morescu......I can't seem to beat him AND the fortress. The problem is that the Fortress shoots from outside of the Mission space and I can't reach him. On top of that, Sir Morescu Does not Miss a shot. What strategy to use and what weapons to use? Also, any tips on the "Seed a Barren Earth" Mission on hard. That's a though one.
Thanks for the Help!!!!!!!!
Carlillo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #18
Fuu Phoenix

Fuu Phoenix's Gamercard
OK, I'm at screaming point on firefly on hard. The first fortress is a cakewalk, but the last three rip me apart... the most I've managed to get (with luck) is two of them. If I try the flying blade method, I get ripped up, if i try with kojima cannons, they won't lock on till I'm about 300 units away, which means I'm dodging laser and missiles and I get ripped apart anyway. and the darkness means I can't manually aim the cannons. (its Doom 3 all over again... advanced futuristic mecha death weapon with no IR or Lowlight vision modes... and there's a full bloody moon too, so 'its too dark' just does NOT cut it.)
Fuu Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:35 PM   #19
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuu Phoenix View Post
OK, I'm at screaming point on firefly on hard. The first fortress is a cakewalk, but the last three rip me apart... the most I've managed to get (with luck) is two of them. If I try the flying blade method, I get ripped up, if i try with kojima cannons, they won't lock on till I'm about 300 units away, which means I'm dodging laser and missiles and I get ripped apart anyway. and the darkness means I can't manually aim the cannons. (its Doom 3 all over again... advanced futuristic mecha death weapon with no IR or Lowlight vision modes... and there's a full bloody moon too, so 'its too dark' just does NOT cut it.)
I used a single moonlight blade setup, geared toward keeping my energy for maneuvering. Slice at the back or top of the fortresses where they have no guns. Practice on the initial fortress to get some techniqe of getting into a position to slice them. If you take a hit from the first fortress, you can probably forget about that run. You can also try adjusting your tv settings to decrease the contrast and lighten up the screen. Keep at it, you'll get lucky on a try and nail it. Personally, the kojima cannons were utter fail for me.

Have you done Ascend yet? That one is a beast too. Three fortresses while ground based cannons shred you.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 PM   #20
Fuu Phoenix

Fuu Phoenix's Gamercard
Yeah, did ascend with kojima cannons and motocobras, though it was rather tight on the time I did it (5000 ap left, with one wounded fermi and no cannon shots left... had to nibble the last one to death with the cobras and hope it didn't nuke me... I got lucky)

Last edited by Fuu Phoenix; 07-31-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: I DID IT!
Fuu Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #21
Fullmechafox

Fullmechafox's Gamercard
Any tips on icebreaker defence on hard? D:
Fullmechafox is offline   Reply With Quote