PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Rocket Knight
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-13-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
Omfamna

Omfamna's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ferocious Flier Achievement

It seems to me like you have to kill the mines (or whatever they are) as well as all the "regular" enemies. There is one mine (thingy) that is up in the trees all by itself. I'm pretty sure you need these as well since I'm almost certain that I killed all the other enemies and did not get the achievement.

Omfamna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:08 AM   #2
S. Yong

Swordsman Yong's Gamercard
Well I got this on my first attempt. And I killed all enemies and mines. So it could be very well that you do need to destroy all mines also.
S. Yong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I did it multiple times in Free Play and never got it. Playing through the game once today on Normal and I got it the first try. Not sure if that has anything to do with it as you can complete the Par Times in Free Play.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
SnapDragon

You can get it in Free Play. However, I believe you can't die during the level. That's probably what you were doing wrong.
SnapDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
jodamasta

I did it on free play...there is a flier with mines at the end of the level...he flies up, and if you shoot the mines too late it doesn't kill him. So make sure the string or he falls and you should get it
jodamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:20 AM   #6
xtreme2252

Send a message via AIM to xtreme2252 Send a message via MSN to xtreme2252 Send a message via Yahoo to xtreme2252 Send a message via Skype™ to xtreme2252

Xtreme2252's Gamercard
I am quite sure you need to kill all the mines. Keep an eye on the green mines near the top of the screen throughout the tree area, and don't die. When I died, it voided the achievement. At the end, there should be a huge group of bombs. For some reason, it doesn't show up for me all the time.
xtreme2252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #7
Cypher_Cobra

Send a message via AIM to Cypher_Cobra

Cypher Cobra's Gamercard
I obliterated everything in the level and it unlocked, left not a single destroyable target in the entire level.

The key I find is to use time saving techniques. The charge shot is needed to clear long lines of enemies and mines. Use the boost to move quickly and engage enemies when they become spaced apart to save time. When the wolves hide behind cover with their missile launchers, the charge shot goes through the cover if you can't line the regular shots up on them in time.

Miles Prower is the best, and he doesn't have to take crap from you.
Cypher_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #8
vader

Vader's Gamercard
I just did this, on normal...and I left a lot of the mines intact. I did notice that killing every enemy often required flying up and down (one would sometimes be on top of the screen at the same time someone else was on the bottom).

I hung back and kept my gun charged, and it was no problem getting this on the first try. Also...did not die (in case that's part of it). :-)
vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
Carlmundo

Carlmundo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I obliterated everything in the level.
Died on the boos, beat the boss and it unlocked.
Carlmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #10
Jaffazoid

Jaffazoid's Gamercard
I just got the achievement on Arcade Mode and I'm pretty sure I didn't destroy all the mines, just defeated all the wolves *shrug*
Jaffazoid is offline   Reply With Quote