PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Earthworm Jim HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Tips for Earthworm Never Dies

I'd like to add a couple things here:

1. Fuck this achievement because it's based on luck ( Snot a Problem is the reason )

2. Restarting the level voids the achievement.

Have fun!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
xentaria

xentaria's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I only hope other members fill this thread with something that is actually useful and helpful.

most frustrating thing in a game - cutscenes you can't skip
xentaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wasn't #2 helpful? Okay, here's a good tip:

On For Pete's Sake, if you have less than 25% health you might as well start over. If you have over 25%, you're fine. When meteor showers start, let Pete fall off the platform. It'll cost you 10% health. Do this twice because that's how many meteor showers strike before you find health atoms.

Last edited by Jet1337; 06-12-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Jet1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
cab2k

Send a message via ICQ to cab2k

cab2k's Gamercard
anyone a tip for "no problem" i hate this ... grml damn syno
cab2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
xentaria

xentaria's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
a good tip for general survival when swarms of enemies are around you is to just keep rotating it wastes sum ammo but in general can save ya wormy ass.

most frustrating thing in a game - cutscenes you can't skip
xentaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
JesusOfSuburbia

xBNIxKillswitch's Gamercard
Here are a few tips:
1. Play through the game a few times so you can get used to what you have to deal with.
2. Try not to speed through any levels. You can get yourself killed really easily if you try to rush things.
3. Kill any threats as soon as possible and as safely as possible (i.e., if you're surrounded, use your gun).
4. When you first try to do this, see how far you get before you die. Then, load up the level and practice it until you think it won't cause any problems.

Obviously it takes a lot of practice and patience. I just got the game today, but I've played it on the SNES when I was younger.
JesusOfSuburbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
cab2k

Send a message via ICQ to cab2k

cab2k's Gamercard
have anyone a movie from "snot a problem" how i beat him without diying ... how i hit him ... with shoulder (A or B) or better without A or B ?

Last edited by cab2k; 06-15-2010 at 05:47 PM.
cab2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:19 AM   #8
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
Going to have to agree that everyone who is saying you need x-amount of health on snot a problem - is snot an issue.

On for pete's sake you can either launch the dog in the air most of the level and take a more cautious route, when nearing those plants, hit the dog and while the dog is in mid-air, shoot the plant. Makes things much easier.

Also, for the asteroids that come on For Pete's Sake, if you wiggle the stick back and forth you'll rarely get hit.

Last edited by Todaysforgotten; 06-17-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
Utu

Utu Wairua's Gamercard
For pete's sake when u can keep running and let the dog walk so you can predict meteor showers, on intestinal watch the balls and theyr movimentes to avoid them, on snot a problem i don't know a good tip, he is very random some times he is easy other times he attacks you all the time...
For that achievement you need a lot of patient and luck or there is a glitch, every time you loose you have to start over from the begin...
Utu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
ANIMAL NL

AwesomeJack NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2k View Post
have anyone a movie from "snot a problem" how i beat him without diying ... how i hit him ... with shoulder (A or B) or better without A or B ?
I think it was x but there are a lot of video's about this game on youtube.
type in earthworm jim hd walkthrough at google and the first link should do.
ANIMAL NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:52 AM   #11
icky cream

AndYxPandy's Gamercard
For anyone who has trouble with the andy asteroids levels, the strategy i used was to lose the race on purpose, and force a fight with psy crow. to do this just go through the race without holding the A button (boost) to better avoid the asteroids. by the end you should have the same amount of health you had at the end of the previous level to fight psy crow with. by doing this (especially on the later levels) you dont risk dying during the race, and you will have more health to fight psy crow. I used this strategy and got the achievement earlier today...just thought i'd share it in case someone had trouble.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:46 AM   #12
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
I hate this achievement!!
Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
ConstantC4RN4GE

c4rn4ge's Gamercard
This is the last achievement I need for this game. It is the devil!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
Earthworm Jim

Zombiedeadp00l's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post

1. Fuck this achievement because it's based on luck ( Snot a Problem is the reason )

Have fun!

Very helpful AND accurate and I am in full agreeance.
Earthworm Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #15
Skull Kid

sacredskullkid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Am I the only one that let Pete fall into the pits the second the meteors were getting ready to fall? I personally think that is a much safer thing to do since Pete grabbing you and dragging you back only takes away 10% (iirc, it's been a while), and the meteors stop immediately. This is also useful when going for the speedrun achievement.
Skull Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #16
Fox121488

Fox121488's Gamercard
Cannot manage For Pete's Sake at all =(
Fox121488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:19 AM   #17
ooandyb

ooandyb's Gamercard
For Snot a Problem, it makes the level much easier if you never slap the boss. So don't hit A, just use the directional stick. When I drop down by the alligator or whatever, I try to be right by one of the sides, if you're getting pushed toward the wall hold up at the very bottom and you should shoot out of there above the snot. Then you should be able to stay close to the edge and he'll stay just about straight under you, move over when you get to the top and start hitting him against the wall.

Hopefully this helps make this level pretty easy. The last few times I played I beat it with almost full health using this method. Now I just have to finish Level 5 with enough life to beat For Pete's Sake......

EDIT: Just got the achievement and I took zero damage in Snot A Problem so I'm thinking the method i mentioned above works pretty well. I also used the D-pad in this level rather than the joystick because it's easier to hold up and down perfectly straight for me.

Also, I started out For Pete's Sake with 3% health on one of my attempts and I made it to the health. I immediately proceeded to jump off a ledge and die, but nonetheless, you can definitely get past this with very low health. You should have a ton of ammo at this point for the meteor showers so there's no need to take any damage.

In intestinal distress the boss goes down with a few plasma shots so if you can get passed the boulders and whatnot in good health this should be pretty easy. I generally jumped onto platforms the boulders roll down and ducked under them.

In Buttville, keep jumping up and down on the round platforms that you fall off if you stand still and whip the pincher things that chop you in half. One plasma kills the first mini-boss type thing you get to and one hit with the whip kills the end boss.

Once I figured out the Snot a Problem level I'd say it took me a good five tries before I got this. Good luck.

Last edited by ooandyb; 10-29-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: updated
ooandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
darkromper

darkromper's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post

Have fun!

can you confirm that restarting the level voids the achievement? because when i restart the level it goes exactly back to the amount of health and ammo i had when i started the level making me believe that nothing has been saved therefore you still have zero deaths registered...
darkromper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #19
darkromper

darkromper's Gamercard
my bad i can indeed confirm that restarting the level voids the achievement SNOT A PROBLEM is the bane of my very exsistence
Old 08-16-2011, 02:55 AM   #20
darkromper

darkromper's Gamercard
yessssss! just got my earthworm never dies!! finally: ) tips from me:

1. learn all the shortcuts and know when to use plasma ie unipus tentacles in for petes sake and big cat dudes on down the tubes....the youtube guys walkthrough for this achievement is pretty legit!

2. dont panic! i was on what the heck and choked during the evil the cat bomb that drops all the stalactites! dont do it!

3. memorize the tube race...it makes it wayyyy less stressful

4. major mucus is a little dipstick...if you cant beat the first 2 rounds wout bein touched basically...youre boned so make it a goal to be untouched in round 1 and 2

5. when the andy asteroids start getting tougher just focus and only worry about avoiding asteroids not getting blue orbs (they dont even help you anyway unless you still need the 300 orb cheevo)get as many of those shields and turbos as you can obviously

6. the chicken boss sucks but really all you have to do is stand under the bomb....hope for him to land under it and whip the crap out of the target before he can even move!! the battle in air is a bit tougher because you dont wanna get hit cause the health carries into the next asteroids and petes sake which is tough so maybe watch the youtube guide to learn how to avoid being hit!

7. for petes sake must be memorized or youre basically boned again...the asteroids make this one hard...learn where they are stop pete by shooting him as early as you can and spawn the asteroids and then run left! this works on the first 2 asteroids then you can grab health and let pete fall in if youre in a hurry! dont forget to shoot all tentacles w plasma...it makes it sooooo much easier plus juggling pete in air is easy when you get the timing down

8. the boss of intestinal distress used to piss me off, then i realized you just whip him as many times as you can! dont even bother trying to shoot him

9. buttvilles beginning can be tricky so again i suggest memorizing your path...stick to the left its easier

10. whip the queen once to beat the game!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #21
SonikkuHedgehog

sonikkuhedgehog's Gamercard
This achievement is a true testament to your wormy superiority
SonikkuHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote