PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > RPG > Blue Dragon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-24-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
Askeroth

Eyepatch RAGE!

I followed the guide exactly, making sure to get all of the missable items. However, the guide never mentioned that the eyepatch is missable as well. I got every item in the game except for that eyepatch, and when I go to the camp in Lal Mountains, there isn't a traveler with whom I can trade with... Apparently, from what I've read after the fact, is that things have to be done early and in a certain order. That would have been useful information BEFORE I went and did everything else.

Why. The. Hell. Hasn't. Somebody. Mentioned. That. On. The. Guide.

I know Blue Dragon is an old game, but come on! I followed the guide perfectly and there wasn't even a warning that you could miss it.

I donít have it in me to go through the game again. Blue Dragon was the least favorite game that I owned and it was sitting at 300+ G for well over a year, but the one time I try to play it again to get everything, I feel like I got screwed out of it. I guess 895 will have to do, because after this debacle, I donít feel like trying to get the last few achievements I still needed.

I doubt there is any way to make him spawn, is there? If not, is it possible to get the eyepatch in the shuffle dungeon?

Last edited by Askeroth; 06-24-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Askeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Neverender

Deadpool x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - Neverender   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
The Eyepatch shouldn't be missable, it's just glitched so that it can be missed.

If you get the notes, memoirs, whatever the thing in the desert in the chest is before you talk to the sheep in the nearby camp, then he will disappear and you can't get the eyepatch. You have to talk to him before you do it, otherwise you're S.O.L.

That said, unless you haven't gotten the memoir or whatever it is, you will have to restart the game or load an earlier save in order to get the all items achievement. To make it easier, though, you can get the New Game+ DLC where you'll get to keep everything you currently have in your next playthrough. It'd be much easier since you start with level 99 characters, and shouldn't take nearly as long (you can skip the cutscenes, don't worry about any other achievements, and destroy everything in your path with ease).

My Staff Club

Neverender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Askeroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverender View Post
That said, unless you haven't gotten the memoir or whatever it is, you will have to restart the game or load an earlier save in order to get the all items achievement. To make it easier, though, you can get the New Game+ DLC where you'll get to keep everything you currently have in your next playthrough. It'd be much easier since you start with level 99 characters, and shouldn't take nearly as long (you can skip the cutscenes, don't worry about any other achievements, and destroy everything in your path with ease).
The problem is that I really don't like this game. However, I decided that I would go ahead and do what you suggested because I already came so close. But I decided to take a detour in the Shuffle Dungeon, since I paid for the damn thing, in hopes of getting the other shuffle accessories in order to make my next playthrough easier. And guess what? I got a mother****ing eyepatch from the third chest that I opened! I previously read that you couldn't get an eyepatch in the Shuffle Dungeon, but I guess I got really damn lucky.
Askeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Neverender

Deadpool x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - Neverender   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
That's awesome. I've never tried the Shuffle Dungeon DLC, so I didn't want to comment on that, but I'm glad you didn't have to play the entire game over again.

My Staff Club

Neverender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
GalaxyRed13

Send a message via AIM to GalaxyRed13 Send a message via Yahoo to GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How in the hell did he get the eye patch in the Shuffle Dungeon? I know the dungeon is random, but I must have extremely bad luck, because I've gone through the dungeon three times, and not once gotten it (and most of the items I did get were junk items, or items that can only be used in that dungeon).

I'm really pissed off that the eye patch is missable if you don't talk to the guy in the camp first before you grab that manuscript in the desert, and yet the guide hasn't been updated to actually say that. Saying "found in great desert" is a load of crock, and that hasn't been updated since 2007!
GalaxyRed13 is offline   Reply With Quote