PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2007, 05:18 AM   #1
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements here.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
marsnello

marsnello's Gamercard
some achievements

I saw this piece of text on ign.com;

At our session's end, we checked out some of the Achievements built into the game. You get some for hacking a turret, hacking a security bot, fully upgrading weapons, completing sections of the game, and specializing in plasmid use. Then there are some peculiar entries, such as the Wrench King achievement which requires you finish the entire game using the only the wrench and plasmids. There's another that only unlocks after you finish the game without triggering security systems. That sounds really hard, to say the least, especially considering how much firepower you have to throw at Big Daddies, and makes us curious how long the game actually is. Regardless, BioShock is very impressive so far. We can't wait for more.

Considering the achievements I think the game would be pretty short or the achievements are gonna be VERY time consuming... I can't wait to play this game!

cheers!
marsnello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Nice find mate!

I'd guess the campaign'll last a good 7-10 hours. Or at least, hope so. Nice to see the achievements slide towards added replayability, wonder what the rest are.

Not long to go now.
highpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
marsnello

marsnello's Gamercard
I read that the game will last 25 hours if you take your time. So your 10 hours will probably be a good guess, i guess...
marsnello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:13 AM   #5
DeW222

DeW222's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That's kind of disappointing tbh. 25 hours tops for the main story? Hmm, that's o.k. considering that's similar to Half-Life 2 and F.E.A.R.
DeW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:19 AM   #6
run4cover
Banned User

infad3ll's Gamercard
ya 25 hours doesnt seem long enough. i personally hope there is a mix of hard achievements(for longevity) and easy achievements(to keep me intrested) I think the achievements like the wrentch one make people want to play through the game multiple times trying something new each time. Im SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!
run4cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
Cold Marine

I can't find enough turrets to get the research phd achievement!!! I cant find any enemy ones. Is there any way of getting the turrets to become unfriendly because I have been searching all over rapture for enemy turrets.
Cold Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #8
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Marine View Post
I can't find enough turrets to get the research phd achievement!!! I cant find any enemy ones. Is there any way of getting the turrets to become unfriendly because I have been searching all over rapture for enemy turrets.
If you take pics of most of the turrents you encounter, you should finish turrent research around Fort Frolic. You can't make hacked machines unhacked, just take the pics after electrobolt and before hacking. If you didn't research turrents and you dealt with all of them, you need to restart the game and research them first instead of hacking or destroying them.

Don't forget about security bots and security cameras.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 PM   #9
Cold Marine

I have finished security bots and cameras. Looks like im going to have to restart. Do you need to take more research pics on hard?
Cold Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #10
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Marine View Post
I have finished security bots and cameras. Looks like im going to have to restart. Do you need to take more research pics on hard?
I doubt it, but I have only played hard so I couldn't tell you for sure. If you are worried about hard being too hard, you can stop because it really wasn't that bad. Just take pics of everything you can research and you will be done in no time.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 AM   #11
ascalon11

ascalon11's Gamercard
are you guys talking about bioshock 1 or 2
ascalon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #12
ascalon11

ascalon11's Gamercard
I was pissed off when i beat the game on hard and didn't get the "Seriously good at this" achievement. I have every achievement except for brass balls and seriousy good at this.

The
ascalon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
eazybrowniemix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascalon11 View Post
are you guys talking about bioshock 1 or 2
we're talking about 2 :P
eazybrowniemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:16 AM   #14
Tytech

Tytech17's Gamercard
The achievements dont bug me at all, I heard there are lots of ways to go through the story so that brings some good replay value.

Retail 100%
NBA 2K6 l TMNT l King Kong l Madden NFL 06 l Gun
(easy games I know)
Arcade 100%
UNO l Pocketbike Racer
Working on 100%
Condemned:Criminal origins l Halo 3 l
Tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 PM   #15
p4in redefined

Mattress 117's Gamercard
after the ending of the game do you just get free roam around rapture to get the sisters??

and if anyone could post locations of them id appreciate it. ive rescued three but alot of the time i exit places and it says "you havent found any little sisters in this level"...and i mean their not hard to spot with the big daddys nearby and i cant find any.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:30 AM   #16
Goodboy33

goodboy33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4in redefined View Post
after the ending of the game do you just get free roam around rapture to get the sisters??

and if anyone could post locations of them id appreciate it. ive rescued three but alot of the time i exit places and it says "you havent found any little sisters in this level"...and i mean their not hard to spot with the big daddys nearby and i cant find any.
Just save before the ending and go back to any levels where you think you may have missed Little Sisters. Press start in each new area and it will show you how many you need. Every picture of a Big Daddy at the bottom of the pause menu counts for a Sister that you need
Old 08-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #17
p4in redefined

Mattress 117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodboy33 View Post
Just save before the ending and go back to any levels where you think you may have missed Little Sisters. Press start in each new area and it will show you how many you need. Every picture of a Big Daddy at the bottom of the pause menu counts for a Sister that you need
is there anyway to select the levels or is it just walking all the way back??
Old 08-26-2007, 12:57 AM   #18
IDR SeMiNoLe

XGamesFatChick's Gamercard
I need help finding security bots and cameras...I'm trying to get the research achievement....

*spoiler*

I already have the big daddy suit on...and now I'm going back thru the game to try and find cameras and bots to take pictures of.

*spoiler end*

does anyone know a good place to find these....especially security bots...b/c the only place i've found any is when they are blinking red and they have a person with them who is blinkng red also....they cant come after me b/c cameras won't detect me (b/c of the thing i mentioned in the spoiler)

HELP
IDR SeMiNoLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:32 AM   #19
Goodboy33

goodboy33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4in redefined View Post
is there anyway to select the levels or is it just walking all the way back??
You have to walk to the bathysphere (submarine) and you can select from there
Old 08-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #20
p4in redefined

Mattress 117's Gamercard
Quote:

ok good lol i didnt exactly feel like trecking back through the whole game, is the bathysphere near the final boss then?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #21
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
Quote:
But you can't really go back to all the areas can you. In Madical Pavilion there is a locked door. And you can't go back to the very first level if you missed the two audio diaries there for example...

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #22
Alerek

Alerek's Gamercard
Trying for Tonic Collector

I'm on the last stage of the game, have become a Big Daddy...Theres a Garden machine here that has two tonics, Hacking Expert 2, and Human Inferno 2...I didn't see any alternate means of obtaining these other than the Garden...But I'm out of Adam. I made sure to save every little sister, and I bought everything else but those two. Do you obtain some Adam after knocking on the pipe to make the one at the end come out? If not, how do I obtain those last two tonics?
Alerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #23
p4in redefined

Mattress 117's Gamercard
ok i just defeated the final boss i have a save just before i go up the elevator, i already have the save little sisters achievement so im gonna load up and try and go back to get the sisters i missed harvest them and get enough adam to buy the tonics i need.

anywho wheres the nearest bathysphere to travel back through? ive had a look around and cant find one im standing right infront of the elevator leading up to the boss.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #24
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo

oWHITE WID0Wo's Gamercard
i have the game beat and a save at the bottom of the lift but i still need to fully reasearch a nitro splicer but cant find a way back to where they are located... also i have 40 of 50 achievements but dont know where the upgrade weapons stations are and i need to upgrade two more weapons
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #25
Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0PTIMUS PRIMEo View Post
i have the game beat and a save at the bottom of the lift but i still need to fully reasearch a nitro splicer but cant find a way back to where they are located... also i have 40 of 50 achievements but dont know where the upgrade weapons stations are and i need to upgrade two more weapons
Start a new game on hard to get that achievement and use the weapon upgrade station locater thread, which makes it really easy..and there are a serious amount of nitro splicers in the last two areas up to main boss in promethius point and the area before.

Hope that helps.
Adam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:11 AM   #26
AssassinKing101

Shady898's Gamercard
For Avid Inventor achievement can I play through the game a few different times? or is it in one whole run through? and same for Tonic Collector.
AssassinKing101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:01 AM   #27
lamposts

Dizmonster's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerek View Post
I'm on the last stage of the game, have become a Big Daddy...Theres a Garden machine here that has two tonics, Hacking Expert 2, and Human Inferno 2...I didn't see any alternate means of obtaining these other than the Garden...But I'm out of Adam. I made sure to save every little sister, and I bought everything else but those two. Do you obtain some Adam after knocking on the pipe to make the one at the end come out? If not, how do I obtain those last two tonics?
PUT A FUCKING SPOILER ALERT IN THAT YOU STUPID CUNT!
lamposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #28
p4in redefined

Mattress 117's Gamercard
**urgent**

ok i know the only tonic i need is armoured shell 2 it says in the thread its by the second gift teenanbaum leaves you after you rescue some more sisters but for some reason i dont have the tonic, i must of left it there, can anyone tell me which gatherers garden in which area its left at, its the only one i need.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:09 AM   #29
AssassinKing101

Shady898's Gamercard
I need some really big help right now, I need Prolific Inventor and Armored Shell 2 and for both of these your supposed to save the little sisters to get a awared which has of these things I need. But I find all the little sister and didn't get them, so I was wondering if anyone else knows where I can find these?
AssassinKing101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:15 AM   #30
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinKing101 View Post
I need some really big help right now, I need Prolific Inventor and Armored Shell 2 and for both of these your supposed to save the little sisters to get a awared which has of these things I need. But I find all the little sister and didn't get them, so I was wondering if anyone else knows where I can find these?
You need to pick them up in the reward teddy bears that the little sisters leave at the gatherer's garden machines. If you didn't pick them up, you have to restart to get them. Next run-through, when Tennenbaum radios you about a reward, go and get it immidiately, they dissapear otherwise.