PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
Method
 
Method's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 2,451

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.
__________________

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
mikachu93
 
mikachu93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,207

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Probably jumping the gun here, but I hope we don't see too many Pro achievements. I'm going to be getting all the Pro accessories as soon as my budget allows, but I don't think it's right to require people to buy at least $300 worth of instruments for 15G. If anything, a "Beat any song on any Pro instrument" and a "100% any song with any Pro instrument" would be ideal, since I expect a lot of people to go out and buy at least the keyboard.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
TwistedFate
 
TwistedFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Church Road, VA
Posts: 4,147

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I bet we see at least 6 achievements for Pro Mode. "Finish a song in Pro-Mode on X instrument." for the 5 instruments and at least 1 100% or "Gold Star on Expert Pro Mode" achievement. Possibly a Pro-Mode Harmonies achieve, a Pro-Mode tutorials/beat trainer achieve and a complete the tour in Pro-Mode achieve. Also look forward to Pro-Mode Challenges complete with potential achieves.

I don't know if we'll get all of those, but I can pretty much gaurantee you won't be able to 1K the game without playing every instrument in Pro-mode.

HMX doesn't care about your GamerScore nearly as much as you do. And even though EA has gotten a lot less "evil" lately, they still LOVE money and I know they want you to buy the peripherals. Why go to the expense of developing and producing Pro-Mode accessories if they aren't going to try and sell them?
__________________



Last edited by TwistedFate; 07-22-2010 at 09:32 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
mikachu93
 
mikachu93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,207

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
HMX doesn't care about your GamerScore nearly as much as you do. And even though EA has gotten a lot less "evil" lately, they still LOVE money and I know they want you to buy the peripherals. Why go to the expense of developing and producing Pro-Mode accessories if they aren't going to try and sell them?
Harmonix has usually kept the achievements pretty, you know, achievable. Maybe two achievements per game that I will never get without some trial and error (though that's just me).

Still, I won't be surprised if they include the achievements either. Like I said, I won't be getting them right away, but I still plan on getting them all eventually. It won't matter to me in the end, but it just seems like way too much to expect for such little return.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #5
TwistedFate
 
TwistedFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Church Road, VA
Posts: 4,147

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
Harmonix has usually kept the achievements pretty, you know, achievable.
Really? Have you forgotten that they required you to buy their guitar for the Solo Button achievement? Or maybe you overlooked the fact that they required you to buy a drum set for the drum achievement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
but it just seems like way too much to expect for such little return.
If the only value you see added is a few measly points added to a number that nobody but you cares about, then you have a perspective issue. Like I said, HMX doesn't care about your GamerScore. They care about putting about a good product that you WANT TO PLAY FOR THE JOY OF PLAYING IT, not just because it pads your ePeen.

They don't expect you to buy the instruments for the achievements, nobody would think that, because it's ridiculous to think that people will pay so much for something so meaningless. They expect you to buy them to enhance their product. The achievement is just a small reward. Remember kids, Achievements = Reward for gaming. Achievements != Reason for gaming.
__________________



Last edited by TwistedFate; 07-22-2010 at 10:47 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 AM   #6
mikachu93
 
mikachu93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,207

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
Really? Have you forgotten that they required you to buy their guitar for the Solo Button achievement? Or maybe you overlooked the fact that they required you to buy a drum set for the drum achievement?



If the only value you see added is a few measly points added to a number that nobody but you cares about, then you have a perspective issue. Like I said, HMX doesn't care about your GamerScore. They care about putting about a good product that you WANT TO PLAY FOR THE JOY OF PLAYING IT, not just because it pads your ePeen.

They don't expect you to buy the instruments for the achievements, nobody would think that, because it's ridiculous to think that people will pay so much for something so meaningless. They expect you to buy them to enhance their product. The achievement is just a small reward. Remember kids, Achievements = Reward for gaming. Achievements != Reason for gaming.
I may have phrased my last few posts incorrectly. I know what you're saying, though, and I have to agree (mostly because it's hard to argue fact).
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
T-Hybrid
 
T-Hybrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 155

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
HMX doesn't care about your GamerScore nearly as much as you do.
HMX is pushing the new Pro Mode, so it was crazy to think they wouldn't put some Pro achievements in there. Now, I'm a bit surprised that they put more than one per instrument...but at least with Pro-Keys you don't have to buy a NEW guitar controller. Just buy the bundle and BAM you've got those achievements taken care of.

HMX had similiar things when they introduced Harmonies in The Beatles. There were two achievements that required you hit EVERY SINGLE HARMONY PART in the game. Then following feedback they tweaked it for Green Day and RB3 to only require it on one song (or in this case a specific song).

My guess is that since Pro mode is new, they really want to encourage people to go out there and try it. And for those who want the achievements you hope they'll not only try it...but enjoy it enough to continue pushing on to complete songs and more complicated lessons.

As far as the 12 million point achievement, I point you to this article they posted the other day about Road Challenges. Some of them feature different challenges that you can meet in game in order to gain more points (or possibly more mulitplyer). Smart usage of these with the right players/difficulties will likely generate higher scores than possible in standard band play.

Overall it's a pretty solid achievement list. At first glance it doesn't seem that hard. The only tricky part will be getting the additional instruments/songs if you want to get 100%.
__________________
T-Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
Firvagor
 
Firvagor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 416

firvagor's Gamercard
I agree, especially with (supposedly?) no "special edition" with all pro instruments at launch, which would be expensive anyway. Then again I'm making assumptions based on what's being bundled and what's only available separately.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a couple keyboard-specific achievements, too.
Firvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #9
Gamerdude5448
 
Gamerdude5448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 470

Dr gore's Gamercard
I just wish there was one for achievement for pressing start...
__________________


Gamerdude5448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #10
PHSx2010
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Does anybody know typically how close to release date the acheivements are revealed? Or how have they been with past RB games. This game has really intrigued me as far as acheivements go with the new modes this year.
PHSx2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
Vegivo
 
Vegivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 7

Vegivo's Gamercard
Does anyone know how the site gets the achievements?Im hearing the RB3 achievement list might be fake....
Vegivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:28 AM   #12
StJimmy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 32
Any one help me with Millionaire Club? GT-ACrazyArabCamel
StJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #13
HeyRiles
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5

HeyRiles's Gamercard
List is decidedly fake. There's no new artwork, RB2 artwork is used in a third of the achievements, there are RB1 tutorial pictures in achievements, it's literally impossible to get over 12 million points in a song, video games, by rule of Microsoft, are NOT allowed to start a game on-disc with over 1000 gamerscore, and there's no mention of the spiritual successor of the bladder of steel, which has been mentioned before by Dan Teasdale, lead designer of the game

So, yeah. Argue against me all you want and then disappear from the argument when it turns out to be fake
HeyRiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #14
toops
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34

toopskittles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRiles View Post
List is decidedly fake. There's no new artwork, RB2 artwork is used in a third of the achievements, there are RB1 tutorial pictures in achievements, it's literally impossible to get over 12 million points in a song, video games, by rule of Microsoft, are NOT allowed to start a game on-disc with over 1000 gamerscore, and there's no mention of the spiritual successor of the bladder of steel, which has been mentioned before by Dan Teasdale, lead designer of the game

So, yeah. Argue against me all you want and then disappear from the argument when it turns out to be fake
first off, i know who you are from the rock band forums and i'm not trying to pick a fight here, i'm playing devil's advocate.
art: from what we've seen of rock band 3, there is no art, it's all your characters and the overshell, if anything the reused art (the tiger, elephant, and dlc truck driver guys) have all been staples of the series, like how there's a lego tiger in lego rock band so it's not too ridiculous to be reusing that stuff.
starting over 1000: like someone said up there, this site is really reliable when it comes to getting the achievement lists, and they're more than often not the first to put them up because they go out of the way to confirm its legitimacy. it could've been up for a while at 1000 and since they haven't gone beyond 1000 in other games microsoft knows they have a ton of dlc for the platform so they must've given to 'go ahead'
bladder ach: there's nothing directly stated in this list, but there's a few in here that easily could be, like the ones that need every spade thing. we don't know how hard those are and how long these sets are, some need 90 stars so they're up there. who knows maybe there's a spade for not failing or something
and for the 12 mil: i highly doubt that means in one song, if anything it's combined on disc scores or a set that's battle of the bands esque where the score keeps compiling through the songs, plus it's a reference to alex rigopulos.
anyway those are my counterpoints
toops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
preppypoof
 
preppypoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 380

preppypoof's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRiles View Post
List is decidedly fake. There's no new artwork, RB2 artwork is used in a third of the achievements, there are RB1 tutorial pictures in achievements, it's literally impossible to get over 12 million points in a song, video games, by rule of Microsoft, are NOT allowed to start a game on-disc with over 1000 gamerscore, and there's no mention of the spiritual successor of the bladder of steel, which has been mentioned before by Dan Teasdale, lead designer of the game

So, yeah. Argue against me all you want and then disappear from the argument when it turns out to be fake
Counterpoints:

- are you insane? no new artwork? point to me ONE achievement that has no new artwork for it.
- the game does NOT have 1000 gamerscore on disc. there are 1000 on disc, and 250 which can only be obtained if you download content.
- it does not say "12 million in one song", it simply says 12 million. maybe that means 12 million career score, maybe that means you can get 12 million in one setlist, or something else. or maybe they changed the scoring system (as they said they have increased score bonuses for pro instruments), or maybe playing with 5 instruments + 2 vocal harmonists makes it possible to get 12 million points!
- you don't even know what the road challenges are. maybe one of them has a "bladder of steel"-esque requirement.

i'm not saying that the list is 100% real, but to be so sure that it's not when you have NO idea is just arrogant.

edit: darn toops beat me to it
__________________
preppypoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
toops
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34

toopskittles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppypoof View Post
edit: darn toops beat me to it
haha sorry. but to clarify i think for art heyriles was talking about stock images used in the achievements pictures not the achievement pictures themselves, which are obviously new, but the things they used to make them mostly aren't
toops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #17
Garbar05
 
Garbar05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 118

Garbar05's Gamercard
The only problem I have with the DLC achievements is that some require you to have a certain song. Looks like for the full 1250 you'll have to buy "The Perfect Drug", any Queen song, any Boston song, 3 Harmonix Band songs, a few songs with Dave Grohl (depending on what the finalized RB3 setlist is) and at least 20 DLC (which I'm sure most of us have anyway so this one doesn't bother me.)

The problem I see with these is that music is based on personal taste and, (even though no one's forcing anyone to buy the DLC to get a few Gamerscore), DLC achievements for music games should have been all like the ones that let you play any DLC song, or none at all.


On a side note, how funny is it that the achievement 'Play a Real Guitar Already!' is for Pro Guitar on a White Stripes song?
Garbar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #18
Jordan0123
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: You're Not in on the Joke
Posts: 45

Jordan0123's Gamercard
One achievement I definitely won't have or want to have is the Dave Grohl Band achievement, I have none of his shitty bands' songs as DLC and I also deleted the Foo Fighters song I exported from Rock Band 1, so yeah, goodbye 1250. And I pray that there aren't 5 songs from his bands on disc.
Jordan0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #19
ponypo2001
 
ponypo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wolverhampton,UK
Posts: 2,488

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I can pretty much promise you that list ain't fake unless it April the 1st and nobody told me. In the years I've been here, I've never known a "fake" list posted on this site ever. I'll be happy to admit if I'm wrong but I am almost certain that the person calling it fake will be the one who has to take things back.
__________________





ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #20
mikachu93
 
mikachu93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,207

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is definitely not a typical Rock Band achievement list, like Riles said. There's only a handful of suspicions, but that's still a handful too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan0123 View Post
One achievement I definitely won't have or want to have is the Dave Grohl Band achievement, I have none of his shitty bands' songs as DLC and I also deleted the Foo Fighters song I exported from Rock Band 1, so yeah, goodbye 1250. And I pray that there aren't 5 songs from his bands on disc.
If you've exported Lego and if you plan on exporting Rock Band 2, you'll have Everlong, Breakout, Drain You, In Bloom, Go with the Flow, and Dead End Friends.

I don't know where the hate is coming from.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #21
JedEgan
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 142

JedEgan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRiles View Post
So, yeah. Argue against me all you want and then disappear from the argument when it turns out to be fake
Looks like you were the only person to disappear from the "argument" when the list turned out to be true.
JedEgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #22
Que Pasa Neng19
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Espa˝a
Posts: 6

Que Pasa Neng19's Gamercard
I have one question about an achievement:
Quote:
Shameless Self-Promotion15 Download and play three songs from a band that has Harmonix team members in it.
┐What band/s?
Que Pasa Neng19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #23
mikachu93
 
mikachu93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,207

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Que Pasa Neng19 View Post
I have one question about an achievement:


┐What band/s?
There will most likely be a check list in the game to tell you the bands, but a few of the bands include:

Abnormality
The Acro-Brats
Anarchy Club
Bang Camaro
Breaking Wheel
Death of the Cool
Freezepop
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives
The Konks
Lybians
Megasus
Shaimus
Speck
The Main Drag
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
That Handsome Devil
Tribe
Vagiant (now Tijuana Sweetheart)
You Shriek
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #24
HeyRiles
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5

HeyRiles's Gamercard
Yeah I was talking about how a lot of the achievements use the RB2 art (the tiger, for instance, is RB2 artwork, and therefore would be silly to be used in RB3 since all the games have got their own separate achievement artwork). I don't see any achievements in there that even alludes to any new artwork in RB3. They used the icon for Jet Setter for two achievements, even. Frankly, I would be very surprised if there wasn't an achievement icon with the new Spades feature. If you can show me an achievement with any new artwork that would be used in RB3 (like the skulls in RB2 achievements), then by all means, show me

12 million points isn't possible in a single song, since vocals won't be scored when all four other instruments are being played, and the keyboard will have a decidedly lower score than vocals - vocals always has the highest score for a band. It could be in a career, but it would have specifically stated it was in a career mode

For artwork again, I can point you to several without new artwork:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...8/UP-qIl0=.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...8/UPuoMTc=.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...8/UPjwOd4=.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...8/UPha+Q0=.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...8/UP4549I=.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...8/UP-ZG0E=.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...8/UPp78Lg=.jpg

And that's not even all of them, heh

Other things to consider involve why there aren't any achievements mentioning online play, such as RB1 and RB2. There's also going to be more to the game than just the small challenges - there isn't a single mention of the world tour mode anywhere, so there's no reason to even play it*

I do have an idea that it's fake, and that's why I say it's fake. There's nothing arrogant about it. In fact, it's more arrogant to believe this site is always right all the time. I always passed my tests, but then I failed a test

*EDIT: Aside from Endless Setlist III. But all the other games (LEGO included) have additional achievements to its World Tour

Last edited by HeyRiles; 08-12-2010 at 05:22 PM.
HeyRiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #25
TwistedFate
 
TwistedFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Church Road, VA
Posts: 4,147

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRiles View Post
12 million points isn't possible in a single song,
What is the highest possible score in a single song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRiles View Post
and the keyboard will have a decidedly lower score than vocals
I assume you can provide proof of this.
__________________


TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #26
toops
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34

toopskittles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
What is the highest possible score in a single song?



I assume you can provide proof of this.
A)with a full on expert pro band at a rounded up max maybe 5mil. there's no way you could get 12mil in one song. but the fact that there's an an achievement that says get a 1mil on one song and this one just says 12mil i assume it's career totals or something along that line.

B)it's been noted through various demos and videos. i played it multiple times at sdcc if you want my credibility.

i believe this achievement list is real but i'm just trying to explain the reasoning of a fellow hardcore fan

p.s. braid rules, nice avatar lol
toops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #27
preppypoof
 
preppypoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 380

preppypoof's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by toops View Post
A)with a full on expert pro band at a rounded up max maybe 5mil. there's no way you could get 12mil in one song. but the fact that there's an an achievement that says get a 1mil on one song and this one just says 12mil i assume it's career totals or something along that line.
theoretical max for Let There Be Rock (Live version) is just shy of 5,000,000, and that's with all four band members hitting every single note on expert, using star power flawlessly, etc, on a 8-9 minute song. so, i HIGHLY doubt that this "12 million" achievement is meant to be on one song (especially with the other achievement already, as you said).

HOWEVER. With the addition of the keyboard, it is safe to assume that instead of having an 8X band multiplier, a 10X multiplier is now possible. Add that to the addition of vocal harmonies and I bet that there will be a song that has around a 10 million upper limit.
__________________
preppypoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #28
Dustinator
 
Dustinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The IE (Southern California)
Posts: 1,517

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
List is interesting. Very different. LOLed at the Dave Grohl ones.......the DLC ones are interesting too. Nice to see hmx is including more points past 1,000
__________________
Currently working on: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2(235/1250), Halo 4(430/2000) & Alice Madness Returns(170/1000)

I despise multiplayer achievements!!

Last 100% complete - RISK 12/02/13






Dustinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #29
TwistedFate
 
TwistedFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Church Road, VA
Posts: 4,147

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toops View Post
A)with a full on expert pro band at a rounded up max maybe 5mil. there's no way you could get 12mil in one song. but the fact that there's an an achievement that says get a 1mil on one song and this one just says 12mil i assume it's career totals or something along that line.
I don't think your wrong, but as long as there still some songs that haven't been announced, it can't be said that 12 mill is impossible in one song. There are some 20+ minute epics out there that could easily break 12 mill. (I don't think we are getting any, but they do exist) I think it means career score myself for the same reasons you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toops View Post
B)it's been noted through various demos and videos. i played it multiple times at sdcc if you want my credibility.
I don't doubt what you are saying, but I don't know you yet. Just showing up and spouting seemingly unknowable statements as if they are facts with nothing to back them up, just makes me ask questions. You say you've played it, that's good enough for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toops View Post
i believe this achievement list is real but i'm just trying to explain the reasoning of a fellow hardcore fan
As odd as some of them sound, I believe the list is real too. I believe it's real because x360a has a long standing policy of not posting the list until they are confirmed in some way. I see some things that strike me as bizarre but HMX tries to mix things up according to what fans want, and some of those look like they are trying to strike a balance between RB and GH style achievements.


Quote:
Originally Posted by preppypoof View Post
HOWEVER. With the addition of the keyboard, it is safe to assume that instead of having an 8X band multiplier, a 10X multiplier is now possible. Add that to the addition of vocal harmonies and I bet that there will be a song that has around a 10 million upper limit.
Vocals are not scored when 4 other instruments are being played, 8x is still the max multiplier.
__________________



Last edited by TwistedFate; 08-12-2010 at 08:38 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #30
HeyRiles
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5

HeyRiles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
What is the highest possible score in a single song?



I assume you can provide proof of this.
Highest possible score as of now is, I think, the Who Super Bowl S-Mashup, clocking in at 3,500,000 (http://rockbandscores.com/leader.cgi...nstrument=BAND). I think that song is about 12 minutes long. Even with a 20-minute epic (which, really, how many of those will be on disc?), that's not nearly enough time to add an additional 9 million points to a score. You can't factor in keyboard either, because when the four instruments are added, vocals isn't scored in a full band, and on top of that, vocals almost always has the highest individual score of any song

I can provide evidence that would suggest proof, yes

http://www.rockband.com/files/rb/201...allenges31.jpg

Yeah it's on hard, but you would have a hard time convincing me that a keyboards song on expert would outdo 280,000 points on vocals. It would be silly to think that keys would have a larger point total (100 points per note) than guitar and drums per note

And yeah it could mean career score, but I'm pretty sure it would specify as 'career score' in the achievement, as other achievements have said in the past
HeyRiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:35 AM.