PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Glitch Discussion

I've noticed that around half the posts on this game are about glitches and how to solve them. I figured it'd be good to keep them all in one place. Post your problems and lets hope we can solve them.

Here is a link to another Glitch Discussion thread on gamefaqs.com.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/96049...s-1-4/55523165

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!

Last edited by StayonTarget; 07-10-2010 at 08:49 PM.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
BorisFR

Boris360's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Hello. Me, missing one SIP in Hogwarts.
I take screenshots of the 26 existing, in case I'm wrong in the location.
Here : http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=242140
Old 07-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
There are 26 in Hogwarts and 24 in the levels. Make sure you have all of the ones in the levels.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
jelwez

jewlez's Gamercard
help missing gold brick in the clock tower ive done the puzzle and put the cog in the clock and its moving and there is nothing left to do in the room what do i do?
jelwez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
marblesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelwez View Post
help missing gold brick in the clock tower ive done the puzzle and put the cog in the clock and its moving and there is nothing left to do in the room what do i do?
Start a new game. or wait for a patch which i doubt will come.

marblesetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
jelwez

jewlez's Gamercard
we have 199/200 and 98% and the only solution is to start again???? TT suck!!!!
jelwez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #7
pX I Atticus

dI Atticus Ib's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
great now im super worryed about this game glitching on me now if it does im blaming u lot

pX I Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #8
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pX I Atticus View Post
great now im super worryed about this game glitching on me now if it does im blaming u lot
Oh gee. Thanks. :P Really though, half of us don't have a problem but half the posts on the Lego Harry Potter game are about glitches.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #9
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
In same boat as you, I think I'm just gonna burn the disk
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #10
wildlatics09

sF WildY's Gamercard
hey there is one SIP in the charms nunderground right, right? in a barrel with devils snare? well here i am, merrilly casting lumos and it simply wont retreat. this is all i need for all my final achievements. whoop-de-doo.

50,000G 14/05/2011 UK
60,000G 14/04/2012 UK
70,000G 12/11/2012 UK

trueachievements
wildlatics09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #11
SpiralGamerpro

SpiralGamerpro's Gamercard
Quote:
You need to do the parseltongue puzzle first.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
tgyo99

Quatapounder's Gamercard
First off, Pavarti Patil character token I picked up while going through the game... I hit the four books around the classroom and got the token. However, when I go back there to the DATDA classroom and have the indicator on, it shows the arrow saying I haven't got it....

Secondly, I'm missing one gold brick... When I leave the Leaky Cauldron into Diagon Alley the detector points an arrow to the left.... where your not able to go.... When I go into eeylops owl emporium the detector points next to the shopkeep.. I already have made the sweeper and got the gold brick that pops next to the shopkeep... I know theres a glitch where the brick is invisible but I've ran all around the detector and the glod brick doesn't pop....

Anyone have any suggestions on these??
tgyo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #13
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Did you get the one in the shop for cleaning all the dust on the floor with the broom thing.

BTW, I'm going to see if I can get this stickied.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #14
flipdog666

flipdog666's Gamercard
I am also only missing the one Gold brick in the owl emporium swept the floor for about 10 minutes ran around the indicator but still not a damn thing. I hope there is a way around this glitch. Please offer any assistance you may have.
flipdog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #15
tgyo99

Quatapounder's Gamercard
Yeah... I made the sweeper and swept the dust and picked up the gold brick, but its still saying I need that one even though I got it...
tgyo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #16
Sidn22ey

Anyone have any suggestions on these?

Sidn22ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #17
monkeydivin

Problems

any1 have problems with getting achievments and then they glitch so u cant do it again if it goes wrong
monkeydivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #18
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Well if you play with a second player signed into an account there may be problems. But besides that the only ones that may have problems are the 100% ones for gold bricks and the game. Some gold bricks are glitched.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #19
Mserabian

I am having the glitch in the Owl Shop with the gold brick. It is the last thing I need other than voldemort. I know that you need the sweeper, but I made a fatal mistake of building the sweeper and not using it, before I realized what the sweepers were for. Now the sweepers have disappeared. Is there really no way to get them back? I am not starting a new game at 98.8%. Any help would be appreciated.
Mserabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #20
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I link to this in my guide but I thought I'd mention it here as well. There's a nice thread on GameFAQs that has a briefing on a bunch of the glitches. For most there's only preventitive measures (as in, you'll have to restart if you already got the glitch). But still, it's great to know how to avoid some of these problems.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/96049...s-1-4/55523165
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
mangajunky

mangajunky's Gamercard
I just completed the game with 100% on everything.
I have all 200 gold bricks and the achievement failed to unlock.

I guess I'm playing it again from scratch.
mangajunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #22
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

My only suggestion would be to try playing a level and see if it unlocks then. Anyone else have a suggestion?

And to RadiantViper, I'll put that link in my original post on this thread.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #23
BevoTheWarrior

BevoTheWarrior's Gamercard
I've got a question about a potential glitch I don't see mentioned: unlocking a student in peril in Hogwarts. I've seen people asking about their last SIP and then they end up finding it but I've used the location guide and I went through every single location twice in one sitting and I've got every one of them. I did come across two anomalies, however. The first one is the SIP under the right side of the Charms classroom - he's no longer held by the Devil's Snare but he's just standing there without moving. The second one is the SIP in the boys bathroom - as soon as I walk into the bathroom, the victory music from freeing a SIP plays but he's already freed. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone have any theories as to how I can fix this without having to play the entire game over again?
BevoTheWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:10 AM   #24
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoTheWarrior View Post
I've got a question about a potential glitch I don't see mentioned: unlocking a student in peril in Hogwarts. I've seen people asking about their last SIP and then they end up finding it but I've used the location guide and I went through every single location twice in one sitting and I've got every one of them. I did come across two anomalies, however. The first one is the SIP under the right side of the Charms classroom - he's no longer held by the Devil's Snare but he's just standing there without moving. The second one is the SIP in the boys bathroom - as soon as I walk into the bathroom, the victory music from freeing a SIP plays but he's already freed. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone have any theories as to how I can fix this without having to play the entire game over again?
I had the second glitch you mentioned, it didn't affect me getting 100%. Maybe try just messing around with the SIP in the first case? The one that people have a lot of problems with is the one in the Second Herbology Room, have you had any problems with that one?
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #25
ekblad

I found all my red bricks, gold bricks and SIP's - I only got the ones left in Charms Underground Area Left (the glitchy room).

I need to go down there but I'm seriously afraid of getting trapped in there. What should I do?

Down there I need to get my 20th red brick, my 50th SIP and my 199th and 200th gold brick.

People who act cool while being anonymous
People who start every sentence with "Well"
People who lives by the rule shorter is better
ekblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:42 AM   #26
NinjaHamster24

Master Shake34's Gamercard
i beat all the levels in year 2 and then i rebeat them again and i didnt get the complete level story mode achievement ''senior'' ...does anyone know why?
NinjaHamster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #27
mad maxx 500

MAD MAXX 500's Gamercard
any news on a patch yet ?
mad maxx 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #28
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
An online buddy, emailed the devs and got a response, they are apparently working on a fix for the clock tower.

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #29
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Marvellous View Post
An online buddy, emailed the devs and got a response, they are apparently working on a fix for the clock tower.
Well that'd be good. Maybe fix all the other glitches at the same time. Yeah, we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #30
Skyldig

Skyldig's Gamercard
For what it's worth, I had the "Crest indicator problem" in the library also appear in the court yard with the fountain. The indicator was pointing to something up in the air, but vanished when I turned off the crest indicator.
I've also had a weird problem in one level in free play. The third character (NPC) kept running through the nearest door as soon as a room loaded, resulting in an endeless loop of loading two adjacent rooms. This problem was fixed by playing alone instead of both me and my fiancée.
Skyldig is offline   Reply With Quote