Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Limbo
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
iSs Baillie

iFozy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & All (Known) Hidden Eggs.

Overview
Estimated achievement difficulty: 4
Estimated time for 200: 2-5 hours.
Minimum playthroughs: 1
Offline: 12 (200)
Online: 0 (0)
Cheats disable achievements: No Cheats for this game

Introduction
PlayDead's LIMBO is a puzzle game that can really only be enjoyed being played without a guide. There's nothing better than being stuck at a part for a while and then figuring it out. You'll either feel like a fool or a genius, either way you'll enjoy it more completing it first yourself.

Step 1
Complete the game yourself and try to find as many eggs as you can.

Step 2
Use this guide to find the rest of the achievements you missed.

Step 3
Complete the game with 5 or less deaths.

The achievements in this game are pretty easy to attain as you can just load up the chapters to collect the eggs, however the No Point in Dying achievement may take you some time. Also note that while playing the game, it will not show you what chapter you are currently on. To chose a specific chapter go to 'Load Chapter' from the main menu.

Wrong Way - 5
After waking up at the start of the game, run to the left. Please refer to 'Going Up'.

Altitude is attitude - 5
Chapter 2 - Once you have pushed the tree part off of the top of the tree, run left and jump to a rope then use this to get to the 'Altitude is attitude' egg.

It's Stuck - 10
Chapter 11 - After the part where you get the brain slug off of you, go left and wait for the pipe to float towards you. Pull it to the right and place it in the water. Climb on the pipe and jump to the left to grab a rope. An egg should fall onto the pipe. Please refer to 'Going Up'.

Urban Exploration - 10
Chapter 14 - When you reach the first elevator, you want to get on top of it while it is going up. Then when you near the roof, jump to the left and grab the rope to make the egg fall out of the pipe. Climb down and collect it. Please refer to 'Going Up'.

Alone in the Dark - 10
Chapter 15 - After finishing the elevator puzzle, you will come to a large ladder. Instead of climbing it, keep running right into a dark area. When you first hear yourself start to walk in water, jump to the right and climb up. Proceed to the next egg. Please refer to 'Going Up'.

Climbing the Cog - 10
Chapter 16 - This the section where you need a box to climb up to a lever to make a cog turn. Instead of using the lever, climb over the stationary all the way to the right to claim this egg. Please refer to 'Going Up'.

Backtracking - 10
Chapter 19 - Once you have removed the brain-slug at the part with the cogs and conveyer belts, you may have noticed a ladder you couldn't get to because you couldn't move left. Get back to this ladder and go under the cog to crack the egg. Please refer to 'Going Up'.

Guided by Sparks - 10
Chapter 19 - Shortly after the backtracking achievement, you'll come to a rotating room in the dark. Once you make it to the big wooden box, instead of pushing it off the ledge, use it to climb up to the right. (Climb the box, climb left THEN jump right.) Please refer to 'Going Up'.

Under Ground - 10
Chapter 21 - At the next elevator, climb under it. (Go to the edge and push down.) While hanging, jump to the right to grab a rope and climb down. Please refer to 'Going Up'.

Going Up - 10
Chapter 23 - At the first timed gravity altering area, you'll want to quickly run to the left to fall (upwards) to a section where you can open a drawer that and egg will fall out of.

A video guide for all the eggs.

Where Credit is due - 100
You'll receive this achievement once completing the game, after the credits roll.

No Point in Dying - 10
This achievement is the hardest of the lot as it takes a lot of patience and practice, to complete the game without dying more than 5 times.
Here is a video walkthrough.

Last edited by iSs Baillie; 08-06-2010 at 03:15 PM.
iSs Baillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
Cyantre

Thank you for all of your help. I wouldn't have gotten any of the secret eggs without these videos. Good luck on your ZDR. I look forward to the eventual video too.
Cyantre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
iSs Baillie

iFozy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I wonder how long it takes before this thread gets deleted. Seriously, being insulted for helping people is bullshit, especially when it's coming from staff. :/
iSs Baillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
imaidiot

imaidiot19's Gamercard
Thanks Bailey for all of the videos. I don't think I complained...and to be honest, I will probably never make it to 11...lol. I am still hoping for other eggs, because this has caused me to play this game way more than I would have.
imaidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
Stevolutionary

Stevolutionary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSs Baillie View Post
I wonder how long it takes before this thread gets deleted. Seriously, being insulted for helping people is bullshit, especially when it's coming from staff. :/
I for one really appreciate your work, and am grateful for all the effort you've put in to help people. Don't let the minority (and it has been a stupid and vocal minority) get you down.
Stevolutionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
Masklin

SILVERsifDURFER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I to wouldn't have got the secret eggs without your vids so I appreciate the work you've put in to it

Completed Games
Masklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
Tomeh

Good work on finding the eggs, just try to avoid making shit up in the future
Tomeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
shin mic

shin mic's Gamercard
baillie
you make some damn good videos ^^
thx
shin mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
CovertDog

covertdog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - CovertDog   2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Don't believe I insulted anyone directly. I made an observation of the tone of the two threads on the topic. If you didn't take part in the juevenile flaming, there would be no need to be insulted.

Space for rent.

CovertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:26 AM   #11
ApochWeiss

Send a message via AIM to ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevolutionary View Post
Just a note to say you made a small typo in your description of the 111% egg - you go left then right, not left then left.

Also, we're still pretty sure there's more eggs to be found, but due to the increasingly (and completely unwarranted) hostile attitudes of people even after they are told the correct locations, we're being much more selective with who we reveal to as nobody wants to lose their leaderboard spot after so much hard work to someone who just read all the locations here and is sending us insulting PMs too.

As soon as all are found, i'm sure everyone would be happy to release them straight away. So please, be patient and thanks to all those who have been understanding and appreciative of all the hours we've been putting in.

Nobody is obliged to post anything here or make videos for you all - we could all have happily sat on them and there'd be only 10 or so with 111% and the rest on 105% or so, so please understand that we have been helping, and the delays are purely due to people being hostile to us and trying to leapfrog us on the leaderboards without actually contributing anything to the (continuing) search.
Hate to say it but that's the nature of some of the people here on x360a. They use the site to help them get achievements but they have to overly pig headish over other people using guides. This is why some of the guides I've started I gave up. I got tired of people being so damned ignorant through PM's. I don't report 'em, I just give up if it ticks me off too bad. Don't let it get you down. I of all people understand the frustration of that horseshit. I still can't believe someone threatened me for not adding sports games to a guide I composed to get quick gamerscore with games I confirmed it to work with.

For everyone 1 helpful person, there's 3 jackasses to follow. It sucks.

But I do thank you for the work you've done. I just bought the game and tried a bit before work. I actually never aware of hidden eggs, so I'll have to use these guides to help me, as I simply don't have all the time in the world to find them all.

Now with film and game reviews (just for fun)!

ApochWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #12
CoolJosh3k

CoolJosh3k's Gamercard
I still haven't got a reply from PlayDead....

What address did the others use? How long did it take to get a reply?
CoolJosh3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #13
QuiCkz AleX

QuiCkz AleX's Gamercard
Achievement Tip: Achievement Mini Guide

Most Achievements in Limbo are tied to collecting glowing "eggs." The remaining Achievements are based on completing the game.

Wrong Way (5) At the very start of the game, head left to find the glowing egg.
Altitude is Attitude (5) In Chapter 2 you'll come to a broken tree you can push over to make a path forward. To the left of this is a rope that is nearly invisible due to the leaves in the foreground. Jump to this and climb it to reach the egg.
It’s Stuck (10) At the end of Chapter 11 you must climb a tall ladder that leads to the next chapter (after you lose your brain slug). Push the pipe on the ground to the right past the ladder and into the water under the pipe that is NOT leaking water. Now, jump for the rope obscured behind a beam in the foreground. This will cause the egg to drop onto the pipe.
Urban Exploration (10) In Chapter 14 you'll come to a large elevator. Take the elevator to the second level and get off, then send it back down to the ground. From here, hit the button to bring the car back up and jump left onto the top of the elevator. Quickly jump to the rope hanging high up to the left and climb it to reach the egg.
Alone in the Dark (10) This one is tough: At the end of Chapter 14, after the portion with the spinning saw blade and the two crates, is a dark passage or "cave" leading away from a ladder. If you move deep into this cave you'll fall to your death, however, you can actually leap an invisible pit here. You'll need to time your journey into the cave carefully, but after some trademark "trial and death" you should be able to leap the chasm and get to this egg.
Climbing the Cog (10) In Chapter 16 you'll come to a giant gear with a switch in front of it. Don't flip the switch. Jump onto the gear and ride it to the right until you reach the egg.
Backtracking (10) Just after losing the brain slug in Chapter 18, you'll find yourself on a conveyor belt. To turn back to the left and "backtrack" you'll need to push one of the boxes to the right for a bit and then climb on it. This will allow you to reach the edge of the crushing device to the left. Hang on the edge until the crusher recedes and then climb up and cross it to the ladder in the upper left. Up here is an egg.
Guided by Sparks (10) After the entire level ceases to rotate in Chapter 19, don't push the crate off the ledge. Instead, keep it near the electrified wall and use it to hop up onto a hidden ledge to the left. From here you can make a large leap to the right to reach the egg.
Under Ground (10) At the elevator in Chapter 21, move all the way to the ledge on the right. Tap DOWN to hang from the ledge and then jump to the right from your hanging position to grab a chain. Climb down to the egg.
Going Up (10) Activate the first gravity switch, just past the "HO" in Chapter 23. Move the crate to the right and stand over the switch. When the gravity reverses, hit the switch a second time as you fall and move left to discover a hidden area. Pull the lever here for the final Achievement egg.
Where Credit is Due (100) Complete the game.
No Point in Dying (10) Complete the game without exiting the game or dying more than five times.
QuiCkz AleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #14
Stevolutionary

Stevolutionary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApochWeiss View Post
Hate to say it but that's the nature of some of the people here on x360a. They use the site to help them get achievements but they have to overly pig headish over other people using guides. This is why some of the guides I've started I gave up. I got tired of people being so damned ignorant through PM's. I don't report 'em, I just give up if it ticks me off too bad. Don't let it get you down. I of all people understand the frustration of that horseshit. I still can't believe someone threatened me for not adding sports games to a guide I composed to get quick gamerscore with games I confirmed it to work with.

For everyone 1 helpful person, there's 3 jackasses to follow. It sucks.

But I do thank you for the work you've done. I just bought the game and tried a bit before work. I actually never aware of hidden eggs, so I'll have to use these guides to help me, as I simply don't have all the time in the world to find them all.
Thanks for the support man! Our side were guilty of losing their temper too, but yeah, it does get tiresome working when the community are so wierdly rabid towards you sometimes.
Stevolutionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #15
Fett2oo5

First of all a great write up and wonderful videos, all I was missing were the three in the dark cave, and your information was very helpful. Thank you!

So the 12th egg, no 12th egg, regardless if there is one or not, can anyone clarify how 112% is achievable please?

Is it done by getting all eggs on a ZDR?

If so, I haven't been able to get out of the dark cave (the cave with three eggs) How do you get out of it?

If there is information on how to accomplish this, could you update the OP (so we don't have to wade through all the drama posts)
Fett2oo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #16
amarquis

Figcon Adam's Gamercard
Hey, I just wanted to say I really enjoyed the hidden egg search thread. I was cursing work for keeping me so busy, I was always a couple of eggs behind you folks and mostly ended up riding on your coattails.

Last night I grabbed the 10th egg based on the thread, aiming to do my 5 death playthrough this morning. It went surprisingly well, I only took one death in the cacoon section towards the beginning. I was pretty vexed when I came here and found out that the key to it all was zero deaths!

Anyway, I hope to have time to contribute next time there is a fun race to hidden stuff. Thanks for everybody who helped out in the thread!
amarquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:14 AM   #17
Prokill29

Prokill29's Gamercard
Nice job, dude
Prokill29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:06 AM   #18
Trips

Tripts's Gamercard
nevermind found the correct video of the egg.

Thanks.

Last edited by Trips; 07-27-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #19
Punkster812

Punkster812's Gamercard
Just wanted to say thanks for the videos, I probably would have only found a few with out the guide. Got the achievements, and only did the really hidden eggs because they were posted here and I wasn't ready to be done with the game, so thanks for those as well (although I doubt I will try the zdr, maybe, in the future).
Punkster812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #20
Jed killa ninja

Jed killa ninja's Gamercard
Good Game but...

Its a good game because its just how you do it post how long it took u first and last heres mine First:2 hrs Last: 57mins 34 secs

btw theres a double egg for extra percentage.
Jed killa ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #21
Grimm Tim

Grimm Tim's Gamercard
Amazing guide! Videos and descriptions were great.
Grimm Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #22
Harry Lloyd

THU31's Gamercard
Thanks.

But I have a question - the video guide is less than an hour long. Does that mean we can complete the game so quickly if we know it well?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #23
lormunboy

lormun boy's Gamercard
Thanks for the helpful guide! Can't wait to play this game.

100K Gamerscore on 11/14/10
lormunboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #24
jung4ever

FyreBeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks alot for this guide! Had some trouble, but this helped alot!
jung4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #25
KrayKen

o0KrayKen0o's Gamercard
nice guide man, thanks a lot

Welcome to VietNam
KrayKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #26
Aeuniko

Great guide, thanks a lot! Just finished my first playthrough with all the eggs. Now on to the next run without dying o_o
Aeuniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #27
Elusive Hero

elusive hero's Gamercard
Thanks for this guide, I'm looking forward to starting the game. Just downloaded it after being impressed by the demo.
Elusive Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #28
thehellz

hellz87's Gamercard
108% with the help of your guide! Thanks ! Farewell LIMBO!
thehellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #29
bLaWsTeiN

blawstein's Gamercard
top 10 arcade!
bLaWsTeiN is offline   Reply With Quote